Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelucas86
mushroomenthusiast andcultivator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Forests of Wisconsin
Panaeolus
    #5461150 - 03/30/06 06:50 PM (18 years, 21 days ago)

I was wondering how many people had experience growing panaeolus mushrooms.  It doesnt seem that they are grown as frequently, but people say that they are anywhere from 3 to 5 times as potent.  why is this? :mushroomgrow:

--------------------
"He who makes a beast of himself escapes the pain of being a man."

Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebongtoke
Mushies
 User Gallery

Re: Panaeolus [Re: lucas86]
    #5461169 - 03/30/06 06:54 PM (18 years, 21 days ago)

i dont care how potent they are cause i really dont want it to get much more potent then what it is..for me atleast..just my 2 cents

--------------------
GOTTA LOVE POO CAKES!!!

OfflineAsianYumYum
Stranger

Loc: Columbus, Ohio, USA
Re: Panaeolus [Re: bongtoke]
    #5462389 - 03/31/06 12:35 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

urmmmm....if you're talking about panaeolus subbalteatus then they are loads less potent. don't know where you heard they were more potent.

--------------------
Hail to the King Baby

Invisiblecappa
Nerd
Re: Panaeolus [Re: AsianYumYum]
    #5462435 - 03/31/06 12:50 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

Their are many varieties of Pans. I believe the 'bluing Psylocybe' (pan cyan I think) is what you are talking about. It is said that they contain much more active compounds.

The P. subbalteatus(girdled Panaeolus) contains active compounds, but it is considered by many to be less potent than Cubensis.

Interestingly, I read somewhere that Liberty Caps contain a high amount of active compounds as well.

For us in the pacific northwest, growing girdled pans or lib caps is more effort than it's worth since these mushrooms can be found all over the place in the fall.

Hope that helps,

--------------------
Their are 10 types of people. Those that understand binary, and those who don't.
~Cappa.

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Panaeolus [Re: cappa]
    #5463786 - 03/31/06 12:32 PM (18 years, 20 days ago)

Cyans are not much more difficult then cubes. They just dont put up with as many mistakes as a cube grow can. Blue helix has a good guide in the archive section, i suggest taking a look at that one.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Panaeolus [Re: lucas86]
    #5463972 - 03/31/06 01:12 PM (18 years, 20 days ago)

I'd say its because of several reasons.

They are a bit trickier to grow, they grow on fewer types of substrates (no PF tek for pans), the mushrooms are smaller, yields are less, there are fewer varieties available, the spores are more expensive and there aren't as many grow guides.

But, they are more potent.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale