Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetooth
High in thetreetops
open spore print
    #5452573 - 03/28/06 07:04 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

So I got a spore print in the mail, and upon opening the birthday card it came in, I saw the inside of the card had spores all over the crease of the card. Upon further inspection, I noticed that the print was leaking more spores if I tapped it on the right hand corner. Immediately after discovering this, I wrapped the whole print in alum. foil.
So I have a question: is this print shot, because of the possibilities of contams, or is there something I can do to save the print for contam free syringes?

If this helps, it looks like a foil back, with a clear front (possibly tape?) Could I possibly take spores from the opposite corner that wasn't open or is it useless?

--------------------
Check out My Journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: open spore print [Re: tooth]
    #5458168 - 03/30/06 03:58 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

you're right... its sterelizetion is compromised!
if i were you i'd do my best and use the part of it that is least likely to have been contaminated and then hope for the best!

it's not useless that's for sure... you'll get mycilium from that print (maybe contems too but you can then take the healthy part and fruit it... you won't get much but you'll most likely be able to produce another mushroom. hence another clean print to work with)

good luck :tongue:

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: open spore print [Re: Simisu]
    #5461395 - 03/30/06 07:48 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Do a culture plate( need to learn this any how). If no contams grow do a g2g(grain to grain).
Good Luck

:sun:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlinetooth
High in thetreetops
Re: open spore print [Re: KaptKid]
    #5461420 - 03/30/06 07:53 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

thanks for the input guys, I'll have to do some reading on culture plates, but not tonight, gotta get some zzzs, gotta be up for work at 4:30

--------------------
Check out My Journal

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: open spore print [Re: tooth]
    #5462224 - 03/30/06 11:49 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

don't bother with a colture plate... that's too much truble for a first timer (plus much more chances for something to go wrong) if you gonna ettempt that you might as well order a new print! (that's what i'd do if i was dead set on not using the print)

just use the print and hope for the best (you might surprise your self) and if the worst happens you mights still be able to fruite a small clean section of a PF cake to get new clean spores!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds