Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineInTheFlesh714
Drunk
Male User Gallery
Loc: (714)
how often do you trip?
    #5461818 - 03/30/06 09:52 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

i been trying to trip every 3 weeks, i started off with a half eighter and i move .3 grams every time. i also did acid. so far as of 2006 i have tripped 3 times, tomorrow night will be my 4th time this year. how often do you guys trip? how big of a dose do you guys usually take?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehoopershroomer
Bonafide Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: InTheFlesh714]
    #5461860 - 03/30/06 10:05 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

first time i tried cyanescens was in the fruiting season and ever since i've tripped about 10-15 times and i love it absolutely. i try to space out my trips because the feeling to me is just so spiritual magical and unique, i dont want it to dull at all. anyway i usually try to trip every 2 weeks-month and i usualy take about 2 grams. even tho i've tripped a good amount, i've yet to try a full eight of ne type of mushie but i cant wait till i do, im just kinda afriad that i wont be able to handle it...once i only ate 2 grams of cyans and fried sooo hard that i thought i could be the best b ball player in the world and later i thought died in that backseat of a car, so im kinda hesitant to try an eight, i will eventually tho
peace

--------------------
"Life lived in the absence of the psychedelic experience that primordial shamanism is based on is life trivialized, life denied, life enslaved to the ego."

"You teach the world how to treat you, by showing the world how you treat yourself."

A well developed sense of humor is far superior to any religion"

"Everything you could want and could be, you already have and are."

:peace: & :heart:

Offlineleafing
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: hoopershroomer]
    #5461946 - 03/30/06 10:30 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

i trip every weekend
i just ran out on my vial so for a couple a weeks i habvnt but i have been doing that since i got the vial in december.,

and just did it evry weekend.. and now im in the middle of getting another vial

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

OfflineHypercube
80 SRM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: leafing]
    #5461956 - 03/30/06 10:33 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

now that i have my own shrooms, i've being going every weekend. 3g or so.

soon, however, i'm getting acid and plan to do a hit with 6 grams. can't see myself doing it the weekend after THAT, lol.

--------------------

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: leafing]
    #5461966 - 03/30/06 10:34 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

My trips usually get spaced out to about 4-6 months. I dont have a schedlue or anything for them, I just find it hard to get everything perfect for a trip. And like hoopershroomer said, spacing your trips out helps to retain the magic.
When you trip so often, you stop noticing the very sutble effects, very similar to smoking too much cannabis. :sun:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

OfflineNickSoapdish
Hypochondriac
Male

Re: how often do you trip? [Re: Kerr]
    #5461979 - 03/30/06 10:39 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

I completely agree. Since the first time I tripped in late 2003, I've consumed mushrooms about 5 times. Spacing them out so far has made each experience stand out as memorable and significant.

My last trip was about 8 months ago, it's about time for me again

--------------------

Invisiblehoboblues
Male
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: NickSoapdish]
    #5462052 - 03/30/06 10:56 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

First time I tripped was early 2004. I tripped 15 times in about 7 or 8 months, my last trip being about a year and a half ago. The desire to trip completely went away after I started getting panic attacks and anxiety like crazy.. I blame it on shrooming. Lately though, not having anxiety or panic attacks for some time, I've been wanting to shroom again.

This happened to a friend of mine as well, only he had a horribly bad trip on 2C-B, which resulted in him having to live on anxiety pills.

For the sake of the topic of this thread, though, I won't go any further.

--------------------

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: how often do you trip? [Re: hoboblues]
    #5462118 - 03/30/06 11:15 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

I think every 2-6 months is ideal.

Tripping too much will lead to loss of magic.  Besides psychedelics should only be used if you need to take a look at your life, or take a much needed vacation from yourself.  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlineshafty
fungus is urfriend
Male
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: hoboblues]
    #5462124 - 03/30/06 11:17 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

i discovered shrooms about a year ago and have tripped six times. there have been times that i have tripped back to back weekends but i am now learning about the true meaning of a trip. it is nothing you can force;  if you do, you will be disappointed.
by tripping in unsuitable environments and situations, you never gain the true insight to what a trip is. i call it "the macro-trip." let me explain; i notice that although the actual trip has ended within six hours(approx.), you need some time to decompress. it's the two or so weeks after a trip that are the most enjoyable to me. it is during this period that i truly gain the introspective, clean-slate look at who i am and the world i live in.
  when you trip all the time they just kinda run together. you never get the chance to exhibit hindsight as to what you learned, saw, felt, heard, etc..... you lose that magic that is just so damn mind blowing. don't force a trip, let it come to you. when it is the time to trip, you will know it. a moment will arise that will be suitable, if not seemingly perfect(whatever that may be for you), this is when the most spiritual and rewarding experiences will happen.
  even just after six trips i've learned that shrooming is not about "getting fucked up" or having crazy visuals, it's about the connection. i think a lot of you out there understand what i am saying, but some don't just as i didn't. but you can't be blamed, getting "fucked up" is what happens with all the other petty drugs, like alcohol(no offense but i see no real value to an alcohol intoxication). in summary: USE THEM, DON'T ABUSE THEM :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Invisiblepong
kretan
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: west coast
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: shafty]
    #5462226 - 03/30/06 11:50 PM (18 years, 2 days ago)

(no offense but i see no real value to an alcohol intoxication)

i just hope you tried it plenty before deciding it was valueless.

i have had invaluable nights with friends and all we did back then was drink.

and believe me no offense taken, i love drinking!

Offlineoblivia
Stranger
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: pong]
    #5462289 - 03/31/06 12:07 AM (18 years, 2 days ago)

like 3-4 weeks in between.

OfflineShroomRunner
Stranger
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: InTheFlesh714]
    #5462320 - 03/31/06 12:16 AM (18 years, 2 days ago)

What do you guys think of my usage...

I'd say about once or twice a month I trip, a fairly regular basis, but usually only doses of like 1-1.5 grams. To me at that dosage it just feels very medicinal and refreshing.

And then maybe 2 or 3 times a year, I'll actually take an eigth and have a real trip. Still feels very healing and medicinal to me in nature.

My first trip of my life when I was a stupid teenager was 6 grams, and going in, I had never even been high, and I had no idea what mushrooms were about. So I had the craziest experience imaginable,and haven't been to that dosage since (6 years ago). I do plan on hitting a doses like that on perfect occaisons in the future, maybe once or twice a year.

InvisiblePsilocybeSamurai
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: oblivia]
    #5462372 - 03/31/06 12:29 AM (18 years, 2 days ago)

I trip every weekend just about. I have insane psychedelic all-nighters with massive audio/visual stimulation. I'll get my friends together and when the sun goes down, we have our choice of PE shrooms, LSD, DMT and molly. Yes I do love my psychedelia. I like to take 2.5 grams of shrooms, and 3 drops of blotter on a sugercube does the job nicely.

:xtc: :hotidea:

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: how often do you trip? [Re: PsilocybeSamurai]
    #5462533 - 03/31/06 01:46 AM (18 years, 2 days ago)

When I first got into acid and shrooms many years ago I tried to trip as much as I possibly could and as recent as the summer of 2003, I was tripping 2 times a week for months at a time. That got really old fast not to mention I was mentally fried for the year following my endulgance. Now, I couldn't imagine tripping more then 3 or 4 times a year.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

OfflineDrGeek
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: how often do you trip? [Re: djd586]
    #5463346 - 03/31/06 10:04 AM (18 years, 1 day ago)

I do them once a month, except this summer when I had no source. But now I've got enough zooms to last me the whole summer and I'll still do them every month. I'm considering doing them this weekend, it's been two weeks since I've done them, it would be my first time not spacing it out a whole month.

Offlineoathofsamurai
Stranger
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: DrGeek]
    #5463428 - 03/31/06 10:32 AM (18 years, 1 day ago)

dunno 8-9 times this year so far bit too much but every time it was at very low dosage with lemon however

need a couple months break now

Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: oathofsamurai]
    #5463489 - 03/31/06 10:55 AM (18 years, 1 day ago)

It depends on what's going on with my mushroom op. When I first started I always had shrooms so I was always doing them. usually once a week or so. But then after I ran out I couldn't do that anymore. I had one mushroom op fail and that set me back a month or two. So lately I've only been tripping when my boy brings some over. Which hasn't been too much.

It has probably been at least a month since I have last tripped so my next trip is going to be a big one. I should be getting around 4 oz a flush off of my grow so I should be set for a while.

But man I wish I could find some good blotter around in my area. I've only done acid once and it was bunk ass shit. I really want to try again but I live in central michigan and the shit is damn near impossible to find.

~Peace Out

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

OfflineKingkole
im not a noob...im a a doob

Loc: canadiana
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: kungpow]
    #5463677 - 03/31/06 12:00 PM (18 years, 1 day ago)

it depends, my town hit a mad dry spell for the mushies, so i haven't tripped since Halloween thats 5 months.

When i can i do them usually every two to three weeks, sometimes i will eat mush once every week for like a month and then take a month off or something.

i first tripped in Jan of 2004 and i think i have tripped 25+ times since then.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: Kingkole]
    #5463766 - 03/31/06 12:28 PM (18 years, 1 day ago)

Low dosages fairly regular, high doses fairly rarely.

Low doses are good for some fun times with friends/etc, and I dont fall into the camp of "all recreational use of psychedelics is bad" - irresponsible and reckless use of psychedelics bothers me, not recreational.

And, once every few months, I'll do a more 'reflective' trip - the dose on this can range from low to high, but tends to be more in the high-dose area.

Tripped once at the start of the month, probably tripping again this weekend, and that will probably be my last trip for another month or two - I want to wait untill its nice outside and spring/summer is in full swing.

Main reason for tripping this weekend: Partying, Sleeparchive is in town, one of my favorite minimal producers, very heady/repetive/spacy music that goes perfectly with psychedelics - I recall some of my most enjoyable moments of my 1st strong LSD trip was listening to songs of his on my walkman - looking forward to getting a chance to hear it live on a good sound system.

His tracks are like a voyage into your brain, a subtle message where his patterns and loops sort of 'wire into' your head and take you deep into your own mind - I am hyped for it.

OfflineTrippy_Search
I'm trippin' man
Male
Loc: TX
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: kaniz]
    #5463860 - 03/31/06 12:49 PM (18 years, 1 day ago)

In 2006 i have consumed mushrooms twice and acid once.

--------------------

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: Trippy_Search]
    #5464062 - 03/31/06 01:33 PM (18 years, 1 day ago)

2 or 3 times a year, but not by choice.
its not easy for me to get em, but i think it works

do somewhere between 1-3 grams

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

Offlineleafing
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: swampthing]
    #5468571 - 04/01/06 06:47 PM (18 years, 8 hours ago)

yea people say theres loss of magic if you constantly (which i do a lot) and yea there is that just gives me an excuse to dose more and have really deep trips..

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: how often do you trip? [Re: shafty]
    #5468678 - 04/01/06 07:18 PM (18 years, 8 hours ago)

Quote:

shafty said:
i discovered shrooms about a year ago and have tripped six times. there have been times that i have tripped back to back weekends but i am now learning about the true meaning of a trip. it is nothing you can force;  if you do, you will be disappointed.
by tripping in unsuitable environments and situations, you never gain the true insight to what a trip is. i call it "the macro-trip." let me explain; i notice that although the actual trip has ended within six hours(approx.), you need some time to decompress. it's the two or so weeks after a trip that are the most enjoyable to me. it is during this period that i truly gain the introspective, clean-slate look at who i am and the world i live in.
  when you trip all the time they just kinda run together. you never get the chance to exhibit hindsight as to what you learned, saw, felt, heard, etc..... you lose that magic that is just so damn mind blowing. don't force a trip, let it come to you. when it is the time to trip, you will know it. a moment will arise that will be suitable, if not seemingly perfect(whatever that may be for you), this is when the most spiritual and rewarding experiences will happen.
  even just after six trips i've learned that shrooming is not about "getting fucked up" or having crazy visuals, it's about the connection. i think a lot of you out there understand what i am saying, but some don't just as i didn't. but you can't be blamed, getting "fucked up" is what happens with all the other petty drugs, like alcohol(no offense but i see no real value to an alcohol intoxication). in summary: USE THEM, DON'T ABUSE THEM :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

I agree 100%
It's taken me a while to realise that psychedelics aren't about getting 'fucked up' it's a FEELING as well. I always forget that FEELING you get. I've always had somewhat uncomfortable trips, but after my last voyage on 2 hits of Albert Hofmann millenium blotters, I feel at peace with myself and comfortable.
I'm waiting for the outdoor shroom season to come along (probably about a month or so) and I'm going to go hunting and collect as many shrooms as I can fit in my house and eat my way through them lol

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: how often do you trip? [Re: indica]
    #5468770 - 04/01/06 07:41 PM (18 years, 7 hours ago)

There is something very interesting about using drugs that can be used two days in a row, for two days in a row. LSD, nah....
SHrooms taken hours after the first dose I would give an A+.

Ayahuasca two days in a row......It works better than the first day.

There is something very interesting about taking high doses only one week apart with mushrooms and LSD. For many people the second week is more intense. I wouldnt recommend that though. It gets very serious that second week.

Normally, I would only trip VERY hard 2-3 times per year ideally. I have done it for so many years though, some years were not as serious or involved as high of doses, so I would trip once per month or 2.
I personally wouldnt do it very often. Once a month is pushing the envelope. Too much information in too little time, you cant expect yourself to learn as much.

It could just make you tweaked out later in life if you have no reasons to take these drugs before hand. Your mind can indeed become static and whacked out, rather than becoming more poignant.......

Edited by stemmer (04/01/06 07:45 PM)

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: how often do you trip? [Re: stemmer]
    #5468952 - 04/01/06 08:20 PM (18 years, 7 hours ago)

it's so disappointing to hear that tripping so much is 'bad' for you :frown: I wish I could trip every weekend

OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: how often do you trip? [Re: indica]
    #5469021 - 04/01/06 08:40 PM (18 years, 6 hours ago)

ive tripped many time . last summer i remember me and a group of buddies eating mushrooms and smoking small amounts of salvia for about a month straight. great times, were some strange times also, but we're all night very close. fuckin a mushrooms are my buddies

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

Offlineonetwo4
herbature
Male

Loc: Lake Tahoe
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: Damn]
    #5471974 - 04/02/06 07:17 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i dont grow, dont know anyone who does who is close so i get them whenever i can. i usually do them once every 2 weeks but lately we have been getting them alot and have been tripping every weekend. if i do a quarter i try to space it out.

--------------------

Offlinepeace_n_love
Soldier of Knowledge
Male

Loc: Canada :)
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: onetwo4]
    #5472165 - 04/02/06 08:25 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

3-4 times a year and between 2-5 grams approximately. I don't know how some people do it every weekend. That would wear me out big time.

Peace.

OfflineBirds_Can_Swim
Fish Can Fly

Loc: Right in front of you, du...
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: peace_n_love]
    #5472238 - 04/02/06 08:36 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Perhaps once a month?

Twice if I'm lucky

It's a bit of a pain to find the time to do it

--------------------
There is no valid reason why you should be reading this

OfflineMrMolotov
Ganja Patrol
Male

Loc: SoCal
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: Birds_Can_Swim]
    #5472383 - 04/02/06 09:11 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

i like to trip 2-3 times a month when i have access to them but usually1 to 2 grams but a few times a year i like an insane dose.
my last one being around 10-10.5 grams that was on the last day of Jr year with a good friend. we had gotten outta school,i had seen my gf and spent all afternoon in an intimate close setting it was great. me and my bud hung out and had a great time before shrooms we dosed about 7 grams each then chilled and watched start and talked about life then we decided to walk to my house watched the moon on water really pretty then we dosed more about an hour in and it was great had a bit of trouble with ego death but i let go eventually and learned a lot woke up the next morning looking like a zombie still kinda tripping.then had to go on a 25 hour bus ride with my scout troop to Colorado the outdoors gave me a beautiful setting to contemplate my experience. Awesome! everyone should experience ego death at least once or twice.

--------------------

OI OI OI

OfflineMustNotBe
HPPDer
Male User Gallery

Re: how often do you trip? [Re: MrMolotov]
    #5472459 - 04/02/06 09:34 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I only tripped once. It was Saturday (1 week 1 day ago). I felt so incredibly great, and I only had a lvl 3 trip. I came out of my depression the next day (even though I didn't stop tripping till 2am, and had to go to work at 9). I have been harshly depressed for as long as I can remember, but I felt so great, talkative, happy, energetic. And I normally and always tired even with 12 hours of sleep (average). My depression has come back though since, but I am much closer to my co-workers (relatively new job) since then. I plan to trip every 3 - 4 weeks. But it's incredibly hard for me to get shroomies. And I remember while tripping, that it just wasnt very spiritual to me.

--------------------
Junkies United we stand , Devided we're sick as fuck.
-                  -                -
"Hallucinations are something heroin users are not at all accustomed to," said Const. Conor King, Victoria police drug expert. "They react like you or I would react if we took Aspirin and all of a sudden the TV got up and started walking across the room."
Make drugs legal, or alcohol and tobacco illegal. Either way it's more fair.

OfflinePinballWizard
Naive and Gullible as usual

Re: how often do you trip? [Re: MustNotBe]
    #5472476 - 04/02/06 09:41 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Off-topic, but are you saying that you get 12 hours of sleep a night, and are tired all the time? If that is correct, try getting less sleep.

OfflineBirds_Can_Swim
Fish Can Fly

Loc: Right in front of you, du...
Re: how often do you trip? [Re: MrMolotov]
    #5472499 - 04/02/06 09:49 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MrMolotov said:
i like to trip 2-3 times a month when i have access to them but usually1 to 2 grams but a few times a year i like an insane dose.
my last one being around 10-10.5 grams that was on the last day of Jr year with a good friend. we had gotten outta school,i had seen my gf and spent all afternoon in an intimate close setting it was great. me and my bud hung out and had a great time before shrooms we dosed about 7 grams each then chilled and watched start and talked about life then we decided to walk to my house watched the moon on water really pretty then we dosed more about an hour in and it was great had a bit of trouble with ego death but i let go eventually and learned a lot woke up the next morning looking like a zombie still kinda tripping.then had to go on a 25 hour bus ride with my scout troop to Colorado the outdoors gave me a beautiful setting to contemplate my experience. Awesome! everyone should experience ego death at least once or twice.

Exactly what is ego death, or how would you deifne it?

If it's what I'm thinking of, then I've experienced it on my first shroom trip

--------------------
There is no valid reason why you should be reading this

OfflineMustNotBe
HPPDer
Male User Gallery

off topic [Re: PinballWizard]
    #5472514 - 04/02/06 09:53 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

PinballWizard said:
Off-topic, but are you saying that you get 12 hours of sleep a night, and are tired all the time? If that is correct, try getting less sleep.

Actually I was waking up naturally earlier like 7 or 8 for a couple days after, but not being used to it I would try to go back to sleep and would in return wake up and fall asleep every 5 mintues. I go to at random times. I am almost back to my normal sleep paterns as much as I can with work.

--------------------
Junkies United we stand , Devided we're sick as fuck.
"Hallucinations are something heroin users are not at all accustomed to," said Const. Conor King, Victoria police drug expert. "They react like you or I would react if we took Aspirin and all of a sudden the TV got up and started walking across the room."
Make drugs legal, or alcohol and tobacco illegal. Either way it's more fair.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: off topic [Re: MustNotBe]
    #5472618 - 04/02/06 10:32 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

during the summer when I first started getting into shrooms I shroomed about once/week for 1-2 months. It took its toll and by the end of the summer my body felt like shit from smoking all day every day and I basically spent the week after summer was over taking it incredibly easy on both my brain and body. It wasn't a good idea and I don't advise doing it, but it really helped me learn a lot about the shrooming experience, I got a good feel for how it effected me, I got a good feel for what the mushrooms were capable of.

Now I just trip whenever it feels right which seems to be once every 2-4 months...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds