Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Come hike with me!
    #545744 - 02/09/02 01:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Spring comes early here on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, just north of Vancouver on Canada's west coast. The snow has melted, the sun is shining and the turnout for our monthly public hike on Mt. Elphie this past weekend was very good.

Those of you who have visited Captain Max Mushrooms Den in the past are already aware of our enviromental protection efforts. Our 'Peace Camp' on the mountain has kept the loggers at bay, there was not one attempt this past year to log on Mt. Elphie.

A reminder to all shroomerites, especially the ones who live in this region of the world, that you're all welcome to take advantage of my free guided hike offer.

This is a great opportunity to experience the Magic of Mt. Elphie's Mushrooms without worrying about getting lost.

Most of the mushrooms of Mt. Elphie pop up in the fall but the spring also brings many interesting fungi, including the odd morel.

Join the list of many shroomerites from as far away as Toronto and Philadelphia, who have made the trip to visit our special mountain.

Public hikes leave the Roberts Creek Hall at 12:45 on the first Sunday of each month. Transportation to and from the ferry can be arranged through captainmaxmushroom@sporelab.com.

Private hikes can also be arranged, depending on my schedule.

Winter Chanterelle - Cantharellus infundibuliformus

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBrokedownPalace
addict

Loc: WA state
Re: Come hike with me! [Re: ]
    #545937 - 02/09/02 05:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

How long do these hikes usually last? Im in WA and might be interested if its like a weekend thing. Peace.

--------------------
IM A DRUG NERD

that made sence... right?

OfflineCynicalMagician
enthusiast
    #545939 - 02/09/02 06:02 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

That sounds like fun. I'll try and make it up for the next one. That would be March 3rd, yes?

--------------------
----------------------

"Order some golf shoes," I whispered. "Otherwise, we'll never get out of this place alive. You notice these lizards don't have any trouble moving around in this muck - that's because they have ~claws~ on their feet."

Anonymous

Re: Come hike with me! [Re: BrokedownPalace]
    #546120 - 02/09/02 10:56 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The hikes are about 2 or 3 hours long. We carpool from the hall in Robert's Creek and drive up one of the logging roads. We (Mt. Elphinstone Living Forest enviromental group) have mapped out the mountain, there are many trails, etc. There are several of our favorite spots that we take people too, usually someplace different every week.

Those are the public, guided hikes on the first Sunday of each month (Mar. 3 is next hike).

But then you can always go up on your own as well and if you have arranged something with me then we can as long as we want.

There are lots of people who come up and camp for a few days. It's a great holiday place in the summer with the ocean and mountains all around.

Anonymous

#546479 - 02/10/02 11:19 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Oh yea, here's another link, a webpage put together by a shroomerite who visited Mt. Elphie:
Psychonaut Visits Mt. Elphie

Anonymous

#547733 - 02/11/02 12:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

And here's another bump because thats the way the shroomery seems to be heading!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum