Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineacidbuba
Stranger

covering an incubator??
    #5453424 - 03/28/06 10:32 PM (18 years, 5 days ago)

how much FAE does an incubator need? should i cover my TiT with blankets or put in a air pump?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewoodnutz
Stranger
Male
Re: covering an incubator?? [Re: acidbuba]
    #5453441 - 03/28/06 10:38 PM (18 years, 5 days ago)

I believe you need next to no air exchange in an incubator. If you are having trouble keeping it up to temp. I'd probly throw a blanket around it. I think sterility is the main concern

OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Loc: Memphis & 53rd
Re: covering an incubator?? [Re: woodnutz]
    #5453453 - 03/28/06 10:43 PM (18 years, 5 days ago)

An incubator needs no fresh air exchange, and since all your jars are sealed, sterility isn't an issue. All the incubator is for is regulating temperature and providing a dark place for your jars.

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

Offlinestelthvue
is frightened ofpoo
Re: covering an incubator?? [Re: Solidcell]
    #5453457 - 03/28/06 10:44 PM (18 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

Solidcell said:
An incubator needs no fresh air exchange, and since all your jars are sealed, sterility isn't an issue. All the incubator is for is regulating temperature and providing a dark place for your jars.

not completely sealed though. they do need to let C02 to escape.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineSolidcell
tolerance++;
Male

Loc: Memphis & 53rd
Re: covering an incubator?? [Re: stelthvue]
    #5453584 - 03/28/06 11:17 PM (18 years, 5 days ago)

That gets done inadvertantly. It's not like you need to fan or anything.

If you meant the jars being sealed, I didn't mean only by the jar, I emant from contams in general either by a vermiculite layer or by tyvek or polyfill or a combo of both.

In either case, it's not something you ever have to worry about.

--------------------
Psychedelic Jar Project

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." -Voltaire

"Everything that I accepted as being true up to now I acquired from the senses or through the senses. However, I have occasionally found that they deceive me, and it is prudent never to trust those who have deceived us, even if only once." -Descartes

OfflineQ555
    #5453785 - 03/29/06 12:13 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

stelthvue said:
Quote:

Solidcell said:

not completely sealed though. they do need to let C02 to escape.

Aren't mushrooms more related to plants then mammals? SO they let out oxygen instead of CO2 right? Please correct me.

Offlinestelthvue
is frightened ofpoo
Re: covering an incubator?? [Re: Q555]
    #5453831 - 03/29/06 12:41 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

nope

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineAsianYumYum
Stranger

Loc: Columbus, Ohio, USA
    #5453925 - 03/29/06 03:33 AM (18 years, 5 days ago)

consider yourself corrected. The vegitative growth of mycellium definatly produces C02. Smells wonderful doesn't it fellas?
And i find that it's more psychologically beneficial to a grow to think of them more as humans or other sentient beings than plants. I know that shrooms are much more sentient than vegetables (and no i can't back that up, i've just read a few studies and delt with a few grows), so give them the respect they deserve. sorry about that tangent

--------------------
Hail to the King Baby

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract