Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Shroom and DXM combo
    #542941 - 02/06/02 08:35 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Combining enhancements has brought some extreme and pleasurable experiences. The fav having to be acid and mushies combo.

Has anyone experienced or have thoughts on combining the two substances?

such as dosage and time frames?

Experiences have been had with the two but in seperate occasions...

thanks in advance

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Shroom and DXM combo [Re: Anonymous]
    #543071 - 02/06/02 10:28 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

If you want the peaks of both substances to occur together, I'd say take the DXM about 1/2 to 1 hour before the mushrooms, at "medium" doses for each.

Offlinecxz
enthusiast
    #543273 - 02/07/02 02:10 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I think you would have a better time eating more mushrooms..or just eating the shrooms alone or eating them and burning.

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Shroom and DXM combo [Re: cxz]
    #543304 - 02/07/02 03:14 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Why?
Actually, a lot of people who've done LSDXM (or more rarely, DXM + shrooms) say that the combo is great because it's very strong and the DXM reduces anxiety.

I did LSDXM once, but I was redosed on DXM and I just felt crazy. It was still neat though.

Offlinejimmyvengeance
    #543580 - 02/07/02 10:27 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I have not done this combi, nor would I really endorse it. I think the disassociative mindset would meld rather poorly with the seratonergic hallucinogen one---sounds like a lonely trip to me. However, some people get a kick out of these things, so here's my 2 cents:

I would take the shrooms BEFORE the DXM, maybe 20 minutes or so. The reasoning behind this is quite simple: if you puke, it'd be better to throw up the easily attained, cheap DXM. True, this timeframe won't stack the peaks quite as well, but if you have any nausea issues, you're not going to waste your shrooms---which I assume are still more difficult to come by (even for you growers) than something that costs 3 bucks at CVS (have I just breached supplier policy :smile: ?). Either way, enjoy the comedown, which will probably be pretty dreadful.

OfflineSquirtle
journeyman
Loc: Boston
    #544850 - 02/08/02 12:55 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

yikes.... i personally wouldnt try it, but having never done it i cant say what would happen. if you have enough shrooms i would say start with a fairly small dose of each, then work your way up. who knows though, it could be a blast

Anonymous

Re: Shroom and DXM combo [Re: Squirtle]
    #545350 - 02/08/02 10:32 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

If anything a low dose of DXM would be used somewhere around 300mg...nothing cosmic..... for a trial run.

A possibility would be utilizing the DXM after the shroom peak...still feeling a awesome afterglow. Shrooms usually leave one drained so a disassociative could be interesting...

Or like Kid said the DXM could reduce the anxiety recieved in the onset of a mushie trip, I have noticed alcohol and MDMA also reduce the anxiety. anymore thoughts on this? The Zebra finds the onset of a DXM trip slow and smooth...like a being envelped in a warm wave a water, where as the mushroom onset jittery progressing into a psychadelic groove.

Staying away from the syrup for sure, I cant imagine the nasuea the mush and syrup combo in your stomach could cause...yak!!
A friend recieved some of the non-consumable powder in the mail.
The zebra hasnt experienced a DXM trip in quite a while (7-8 months).

well keep the ideas coming, the zebra is happy to hear your thoughts

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #545636 - 02/09/02 08:40 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like a druggie thing to do, personally. I don't combine psychedelics with anything except pot (and maybe other psychedelics like LSD and shrooms combo). Just thinking about combining DXM and mushrooms makes me shiver. But I couldn't see it being any worse than dropping 5 hits of acid when your drunk.

--------------------

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Shroom and DXM combo [Re: Zahid]
    #545871 - 02/09/02 02:11 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Meaning, you don't consider DXM a psychedelic.

Your loss.

Anonymous

Re: Shroom and DXM combo [Re: Zahid]
    #546049 - 02/09/02 06:46 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

a "druggie thing to do" care to elaborate on that?

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
    #546071 - 02/09/02 07:16 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Probably a stupid thing to ask..but what the fucks DXM? Maybe i m just old or something lol

--------------------

InvisibleNGC4414
unknowable

Re: Shroom and DXM combo [Re: SouthernGent]
    #546076 - 02/09/02 07:25 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

It is dextromethorphan.

Go to
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm.shtml

for more info

Edited by NGC4414 (02/09/02 07:29 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#546118 - 02/09/02 08:46 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

...Upon researching DXM the only dose I guess might be remotely safe is about 1-1.5mg/kg, but even that I can't endorse at all.

Anyone considering using DXM or any other Dissociative I'd REALLY reccommend should go to Erowid's DXM vaults to read & ponder the documents:

"This is your brain on Dissociatives..." and after that
"The DXM FAQ"

One of the highlights is that stuff like Ketamine, DXM & PCP carries a real risk for causing braindamage & that worse things are strongly suspected.
Personally I disreccommend it so strongly that I flushed my last 3 bottles of syrup containing some 1.800mg DXM. Often when I had been on it I discovered it wasn't that friendly anyway: It gave me a suspicion of toxicity, being hard on the bod & all. N2O on Shrooms being such a wallop, I really shiver at the thought of combining high Shrooms + high DXM: If too intense it'll stick to you for hours... For something that might interest you to combine with Mushrooms, please read my piece: "EVERYBODY READ THIS!! Psychedelics & Benzo's" on TRIP TIPS.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Shroom and DXM combo [Re: Asante]
    #546126 - 02/09/02 09:08 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

> I guess might be remotely safe is about 1-1.5mg/kg, but even that I can't endorse at all.

Funny, some medical sources say that DXM probably doesn't begin causing toxic symptoms until around 10mg/kg.

> "This is your brain on Dissociatives..."

Was Will White talking out of his ass.

> that worse things are strongly suspected.

The worse things are actually known (bromism, fatal interaction with SSRIs), but NAN is suspected.

> 1.800mg

15 to 30mg is the recommended dose. Pay attention to units.

> It gave me a suspicion of toxicity

I suspect you're a witch, thus I must burn you just in case.

InvisibleRedeyejedi
fierce nobgoblin
Loc: mid-western Canada
    #546127 - 02/09/02 09:09 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I'd probably try this combo if I ever grew shrooms or had them in abundance, see shrooms are kinda rare for me and when i get em i like using them and only them. DXM is by far my favorite 'psychadelic' drug, psychadelic is a pretty broad term. I love where it takes me. But i hate the hangover which i'm experiencing as i type .. tommorow ill step back into the vacuum

--------------------
Psst.. hey kid, you like havin fun, eh? ever wanna fly? you can have the first rock free there, and sell these to your buddies for me, and there's more where that came from, there, eh?! - disgusting reality of how i get fuckin paid, right, 'sides fuckin wellfare, and the fuckin' bingo earnins there, right. Fuckin rights, eh.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom