Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJaicen
Psychedelic Monk
 User Gallery
Harvest pic's & Questions
    #5450332 - 03/28/06 08:38 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys, just thought i'd post some pics of my latest grow after a few years off. Results are pretty poor, but considering the circumstances I think it's ok.
I made up an LC of golden teacher myc, and used it to inoculate bags of wbs (bags beat jars hands down for gas exchange). This was spawned to some straw for bulk casings and an experimental straw ball, but that's another thread :wink:
The rest of the LC was used to inoculate these two mini-casings. The smaller of the two is i'd guess about 300ml of wbs, cased with a small amount of verm. Pinning took about a week, maturation took about the same time. This yielded about 1.2g of dry shrooms, which is not bad considering the relatively small substrate I guess.

The second larger casing is about 5x5x1", again cased with pure verm. Pinning on this casing was slightly more rapid. No patching occured as i'm trying to rush them thru for a party this weekend.
I'm a little disappointed with the pinset and size from this casing. Considering it's pure wbs, i'd wanted larger shrooms. I think the substrates a little dry which is limiting things a bit.
As can be seen, a few of the shrooms are missing their heads, which I cut off for printing and can be seen in the last picture. Very dense spore drops there! Anybody know what caused those shrooms to curl under?? Also, should I leave the smaller shrooms in to mature when I harvest later? I suspect they'll stop maturing when the other shrooms are pulled.

Now, on to my questions!!
The mini-casing was harvested about a week ago, and has since done very little. I was expecting it to flush again, but I suspect it's already spent, which is a shame. I'm thinking of now using it to spawn to straw. I'm also considering spawning the larger case, unless you guys think I should wait a little.  :thumbup: :thumbdown:

[image][/image]  [image][/image]  [image][url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/06-13/356019744-Caps.jpg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
Re: Harvest pic's & Questions [Re: Jaicen]
    #5450340 - 03/28/06 08:41 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I suspect they'll stop maturing when the other shrooms are pulled.

What leads you to suspect this?

Test it out. You may be surprised.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

OfflineJaicen
Psychedelic Monk
 User Gallery
Re: Harvest pic's & Questions [Re: Teon]
    #5450354 - 03/28/06 08:46 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Well I left some small shrooms on the mini-casing which aborted when I harvested. However, when I just checked, the mini's pinning again so it may have a stay of execution just yet :wink:

InvisibleMindsEye
AMT Fiend
Male

Loc: cerebral cortex
    #5450365 - 03/28/06 08:50 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Just a tip here, that casing the shrooms are all limp and falling over, this is caused by lack of air exchange.
Lookin good keep it up

--------------------
Easy Poo Cake Tek

OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
    #5450465 - 03/28/06 09:30 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Jaicen said:
Well I left some small shrooms on the mini-casing which aborted when I harvested. However, when I just checked, the mini's pinning again so it may have a stay of execution just yet :wink:

Causality can be a tricky thing. Are you certain that it was the act of harvesting that lead to the abortion of pins? Can you identify any other possibilities?

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

OfflineJaicen
Psychedelic Monk
 User Gallery
Re: Harvest pic's & Questions [Re: Teon]
    #5450509 - 03/28/06 09:38 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I'm pretty sure it was messing with the casing, kinda got chunks of myc pulled out with the shrooms.
The wierd shrooms are definitely not wanting for air exchange, they're getting plenty of fanning all day.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

#5450550 - 03/28/06 09:49 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Where is your lighting coming from? It might be what's causing them to droop.

And as far as questioning why they quit growing after harvesting goes...To my knowledge (lots of reading blah), the mycelium network works as a group, as a living thing. Once it knows it's done it's job (reproduction), it gets ready for the next chance, so it lets go of the mushies that haven't matured yet, in hopes of conserving energy for the next flush.

And if you want to know how I know this...Take 9grams and ask your casing!...:P

tc and gl

-Gnostic

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Harvest pic's & Questions [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #5450559 - 03/28/06 09:51 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

The poor pinset might be due to verm., it's rather hard to get a good pinset on it unless you know what you're doing down to the T (experience more so)...I've noticed lots of other people use coir and verm., which works better...But peat works better by far.

-T

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags