Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
WOW! Random Insight!
    #5446037 - 03/27/06 01:08 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I had a wierd sort of "revelation" tonight whist pondering deep things and enjoying hits off my chalice. From out of nowhere this idea popped into my head. Discuss.

"In order to be loved, you have to love. This is because ultimatley, the love you give, becomes the love that you recieve."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: WOW! Random Insight! [Re: MystikMushroom]
    #5446105 - 03/27/06 01:50 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

it all goes into the karma pool

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Re: WOW! Random Insight! [Re: fresh313]
    #5446167 - 03/27/06 02:43 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

It resonates with me on more than one level. For instance, if you give nothing out but vibes of hate and fear...your world will soon reflect that in your eyes. . .

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #5446358 - 03/27/06 05:59 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

:yesnod:

Karma baby!

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Invisibledorkus
don't look back
    #5446642 - 03/27/06 08:30 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

"I do believe, you are what you perceive."

Give it away give it away give it away now.

:heart:

Offlinejsb
Stranger
    #5446660 - 03/27/06 08:41 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

"and in the end, the love you take, is equal to, the love you make." it's the final line, in the last song recorded by the beatles. it's called, "The End"

OfflineTheZeusStone
Emperor X

Re: WOW! Random Insight! [Re: jsb]
    #5446808 - 03/27/06 10:03 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Wouldn't it be nice if it were that way?

Unfortunately, several people I know are proof that the statement is untrue

Just because you love doesn't mean you are loved

--------------------
There is no valid reason why you should be reading this

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: WOW! Random Insight! [Re: TheZeusStone]
    #5446837 - 03/27/06 10:14 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

yes, karma. always creating a complex web of cause and effect.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #5447365 - 03/27/06 12:49 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TheZeusStone said:
Unfortunately, several people I know are proof that the statement is untrue

Same here.

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

#5447800 - 03/27/06 02:37 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

>>>>Just because you love doesn't mean you are loved

True, love yourself first and others will love you. If you can't love yourself, you can't truly love someone else. Love for others without love for self is: needy, greedy, fake.

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

"The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid." - Gilbert Keith Chesterton

InvisibleSmokenBabyJesus
Smoker of Religious Figures

Loc: Maryland
Re: WOW! Random Insight! [Re: Rahz]
    #5447850 - 03/27/06 02:52 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

"Love is wanting, to be loved" - John Lennon

--------------------
"Where?

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5447885 - 03/27/06 03:04 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MystikMushroom said:
I had a wierd sort of "revelation" tonight whist pondering deep things and enjoying hits off my chalice. From out of nowhere this idea popped into my head. Discuss.

"In order to be loved, you have to love. This is because ultimatley, the love you give, becomes the love that you recieve."

it's funny that the people who need love the most are the ones (i was one for a LONG time) that think "that's fucking bullshit"

Let's see... my spin on it on one hand is karma. If you love everyone from a dude who flips you off for driving too "slow" to the girl handing out fliers to a little bug you almost stepped on then stopped and spared its life.... HOW can you have anything but love back? You wil burn up any hate that is coming your way and it will eventually stop.......

each interaction with a person is a test and based upon how much you are full of love or lack love, you start to shift down that path. If you are really hateful you will run into really hateful people, if you are on the border you will run into "normal" people. If you start deliberately being loving to everyone you meet you will run into loving people. Not all the time, necessarily, but it's the best chance you have as a human. Being loving to someone generates balance and harmony for yourself and the other person automatically even if they are a bad or destructive person.... you aren't sucked into it.

But how this applies to relationships is quite simply that most people are afraid to know what true love is, and therefore they have things to give you, but nothing worth really receiving. They can be companions to spend time with, to release endorphins and secrete fluids with, make you feel good and perhaps balance and round you out and such.... but they can only give you as much love as you naturally already feel for yourself / humanity in general.

I mean it's like............  you get what you are.

I mean you want a girlfriend, you should love her before she's even your girlfriend, love should be what you start the relationship off of when you first meet, and it should be what your nourish her into becoming as your relationship develops. You know. You approach her for her looks becasue she's a nice peice of ass.... even if you crave love... you're not going to get THAT much of it. You look into her eyes and say "this is a beautiful amazing person" and you speak to her and see what happens.... there you go.

Love is a cleanser and it purifies erroneous frames of mind, and when the mind is free from ignorance and error it is more likely to reap the benefits of life rather than run into obstacles.

all easier said than done but the thing is it starts right now. Just be tolerant. Then like people. Then love people. Just do it all the time and it gets better all the time.

from this point i tie this topic into a rant against the media and how it conditions people to loathe love by putting violence as a reasonable way of dealing with problems into their most active memory slots....... so you can skip if you just wanted a straightly on topic reply

This is why the media is SATAN if there is such a thing.... because nothing on the media shows humans loving each other. Comedy shows exploit relationships as cheap and easy sex..... soap operas show that people HAVE to be dramatic, that there can be no love in a relationship...... violence violence violence.... the solution is violence and intolerance... a cold and calloused and festering apathy toward anything positive, creative, beautiful....... commodities.... people are commodities.... women are conditioned to dress like sluts because sex sells and they want to be accepted, and all the guys EXPECT them to dress like sluts because their libido is being manipulated by the telly / helly.

I would love to see a massive television destruction where people go and destroy their tvs together.

It seems it's very easy for me to start on a general topic and turn it into the evils of consumerized living these days.... but fuck NO ONE aside from psychedelic drug users and extremely chaste Christians and realized spiritual beings seem to realize what the fuck that box is sending to them. You don't ever say "yes i accept your depravity" just simply watching it is saying yes to depravity by apathy and therefore flooding of the mind with subtle ideas that build over time into beliefs and ways of thinking and viewing.[i'm sure many more people realize than i give credit for]

Fuck the television!

Or should I love the television?  :cool:

The bothering thing is by simply watching you consent to being forced innacurate and manufactured views on reality. You consent to dissolving your individuality and to have your social skills subtly reprogrammed over time. Just by turning it on. Until that is that you realize what is going on. If TV were a person it would be schizophrenic.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (03/27/06 03:09 PM)

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Re: WOW! Random Insight! [Re: leery11]
    #5448101 - 03/27/06 04:05 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Like attracts like it seems in this world that I exist in. Those who are miserable and resentfull seem to find eachother to reinforce their nightmare of reality.

Notice how forums and clubs dedicated to "so and so sucks dot com"

Then notice the congragation at a churg...happy spirit-filled people singing and praising their collective beliefs.

The two have similar properties.

Garbage in, garbage out...love in, love out and vice versa. I don't think it's a one directional pathway. I think the more love you put into the world, the more there'll be for you to have in totality when you need it.

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
    #5629699 - 05/14/06 07:26 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I wanted to bump this simple, yet very true statement...

It's the same idea as...

"You reap what you sow"
"You get what you give"
"do unto others..."

BUT, I wanted to make it more specific.

To be loved, you have to give love. If you give love to yourself and everyone around you, you'll find that you're suddenly "surrouded by love". It's wonderfull.

In these times of confusing mental states, fast-approaching change, and "wierd vibes"...being able to center ourselves on LOVE is important.

I love you Man...I don't know you, I may never meet you. But I believe that everything is everything and that if I AM GOOD....well, that the universe itself is good. Just accept, love, and pass it on.

I get more satisfaction giving than recieving, and it seems the more I give the more I get. I'm always like, "oh wow...I didn't expect you to go out of your way and do...."

Times they are a-changing...faster now than yesterday. Jump on board, feel the love and get lost for a few seconds in the extasy that is your birthright.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #5629725 - 05/14/06 07:33 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

To be loved, you have to give love.

Not true. That's a definitive statement. Babys don't love and yet are loved. You love everyone and everyone doesn't love you.

AND Your hearts in the right place. :heart: :mushroom2: :heart: :mushroom2: :smile:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Re: WOW! Random Insight! [Re: Icelander]
    #5629961 - 05/14/06 08:32 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Dude, babies love everyone.  I give a  :thumbdown: on that argument. (nothing personal to you dude!)

Babies have not been "domesticated" by culture. Culture dictates who, when, and how we love eachother.

Culture is not your ally my friends. It insults you. It makes assumptions about your potential. Shed culture and be a true shining diety of existance  :smile:

Edited by MystikMushroom (05/14/06 08:35 PM)

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5629973 - 05/14/06 08:35 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Have you spent much time around babies? They most certainly do NOT love everyone! Babies learn about love through being loved.

Try handing a baby to a stranger and watch the infant's reaction. Now hand the baby to his beloved mother, father, grandmother, all of whom have taught him to love through their loving.

Whatever made you think that babies love everyone?

Edited by Veritas (05/14/06 08:37 PM)

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Re: WOW! Random Insight! [Re: Veritas]
    #5629996 - 05/14/06 08:39 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Well it all depends on how you define love.

Babies are programed at birth with certain behaviors that will attract attention. Babies are also keen on who will be able to "provide" for them. Sure, they may cry when I pick them up...but that's because they know that I'm not good at holding babies and they would rather be held by another that makes them feel more secure.

I've been around infants and even taken several upper-division courses on child psychology. I've studdied the works of Piaget and Erik Erikson...(the pioneers of developmental psychology)

Babies don't know who or whom will give them the attention they need, so naturally they will display love to anyone and everyone in an attempt to get the attention they desire.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#5630012 - 05/14/06 08:42 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I doubt it's love they are displaying. More like need. Veritas? I hope you will chime in here.

Anyway you only answered to half of my challenge. You may love everyone but not everyone loves you.

--------------------

Edited by Icelander (05/14/06 08:43 PM)

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5630057 - 05/14/06 08:52 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

If you are interested enough in human development to take courses in child psych, you would enjoy reading "A General Theory of Love."

The authors explore the development and "behavior" of the limbic system--the section of our brain which is apparently responsible for emotional responsiveness. The chapter on the limbic resonance between mothers and infants is very moving and fascinating.  It echoed much of what I had read about attachment, with the addition of the neurological basis of the psychological theory.

I would definitely distinguish between the issue of physical needs being met, and limbic resonance needs being met.  You may recall reading about orphanages during WWII, where the nurse-to-infant ration precluded all but the most basic physical care.  The children were clean, well-fed, safe from harm, yet they wasted away from lack of loving interaction.

(BTW, I majored in Psychology and Human Communication. :grin:)

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Re: WOW! Random Insight! [Re: Veritas]
    #5630146 - 05/14/06 09:07 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Wow..heh heh heh

Didn't think I meet an intellectual superior in this discussion! Hats off!

True, many would argue that an infant's actions are based on a feral need to be taken care of--however, I believe that love is one of the few "true" emotions (unlike lust or greed which is a combination of other basal emotions) that humans are born knowing.

I'll have to re-read you guy's posts here and do some contemplating. Perhaps you are right--I just like to think that the more love I give, the more is out there in my sphere of influence to grab :wink:

Props for turning this into an INTERESTING discussion!

Edited by MystikMushroom (05/15/06 12:22 AM)

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #5630200 - 05/14/06 09:16 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

"Could you be love, whao now, and be loved" - The Legendary Reggae Maestro Bob Marley!!! :thumbup: :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #5630202 - 05/14/06 09:16 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I think that what we learn through limbic resonance "training" in infancy, is more the ability to consciously experience love.

Socioemotional development in infants is also fascinating to me because I am raising two wonderful, complex boys.  I have seen them develop the ability to consciously give love, and find it very rewarding to participate in the process. :heart:

As to your idea of "the more you give, the more you find," I believe that we are always surrounded by and filled with the energy we describe as love.  When we relax and open to others, we are capable of conducting more of this energy through our selves.  When we are tense and desperate, seeking love, demanding love, we tighten up until only a trickle of energy flows through.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#5630219 - 05/14/06 09:20 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I just like to think that the more love I give, the more is out there in my sphere of influence to grab

Generally I agree and that is enough to act on. :cool:

--------------------

InvisibleMystikMushroom
I RULE YOU!
Re: WOW! Random Insight! [Re: Icelander]
    #5630873 - 05/15/06 12:25 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

You know guys...I just told my buddy on the phone;

"It seems people have such differing views...and it's all due to personal perspective. Even when I try and define how giving relates to recieving love--there are many ideas..but they are all many ideas all about the same concept, worded diffrently and seen slightly diffrently.."

Woahh..need to lay off the sativas methinks. . . :blush:

OfflineSprings
Mine(d)
Male User Gallery

Loc: sky hi
    #5631087 - 05/15/06 01:34 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I think with the baby discussion the same is true as what as been said through out the thread, "You reap what you sow"
"You get what you give"
"do unto others..."
"in order to be loved you have to love"
Why is that different for babys? I mean a mother and father often will love there child so the child can and will love back, hand that baby to a stranger, or give someone a baby they dont know, will they love it? Im think more along the lines children are less deluded by negative influences.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #5632090 - 05/15/06 11:12 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Not to forget those, who need love the most, those with lack of it...
And perhaps there lies a clue, if you give love to those, their 'opening up' may be perceived as love by us ?

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom