Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: U.S. Planning Base on Moon To Prepare for Trip to Mars [Re: Ferris]
    #5444830 - 03/26/06 06:13 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I seriously doubt that the irradication of religion will happen no matter how advanced we become, nor do I feel that religion should be irradicated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVoidOfsPg
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #5444834 - 03/26/06 06:15 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Ferris said:
Quote:

Noviseer said:
I think our top priority should be figuring out how to power our society once the fossil fuels run out. Throw billions into cold fusion research, or some similar venture. Once that's figured out, then worry about space exploration.

Ya, cold fusion. All molecules contain massive amounts of energy, so once we get that, we're set. But which do you seriously think will be figured out first? You spread your research hoping at least one turns out.

http://www.mufor.org/nmachine.html

It's already been figured out. Nobody wants to accept it because it defies the laws of physics, but it's a very interesting concept.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: U.S. Planning Base on Moon To Prepare for Trip to Mars [Re: DoctorJ]
    #5444838 - 03/26/06 06:18 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Damn J why you gotta be all positive and shit :grin: Raining on my pissed off parade.

Although the "conquest" of space is exactly what I have a problem with. We should be exploring and observing... only at our current state.. I have a feeling we would be trying to do more conquering and raping. Also, the owning of property has to go out the window. No one owns Earth. We make these imaginary lines, and say I own this land! But you don't own that shit, it owns you. If it wasn't there.. you wouldn't exist. This whole "conquer nature" mentality is the exact problem. We'd probably get to Mars and be like.. Property of the US government! And then make a missile silo or some stupid shit like that.

Point being.. our problems aren't going to disappear once we explore space more. They will follow. I think space exploration is uber important for the continued evolution of any sentient civilization, but not when they are a bunch of flaming, power-hungry idiots with their head up their ass. And I sincerely question their intentions on going to Mars. What's the point? So we can build a base to escape to when we completely fuck the Earth up? Wouldn't last long.

Ferris.. no I don't think human civilization was meant to be in numbers of 6 billion+ on such a small planet.

--------------------

InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: U.S. Planning Base on Moon To Prepare for Trip to Mars *DELETED* [Re: DoctorJ]
    #5444839 - 03/26/06 06:18 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Post deleted by Ferris

Reason for deletion: .

--------------------

Discuss Politics

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #5444847 - 03/26/06 06:21 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Yes.. a religion celebrating humanity and diversity. The one religion everyone can relate to, and interpret and practice in their own way.

--------------------

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: U.S. Planning Base on Moon To Prepare for Trip to Mars [Re: Shroomism]
    #5444881 - 03/26/06 06:38 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:

Although the "conquest" of space is exactly what I have a problem with.

think of it this way: most of space is dead, and we are conquering it with life. There is no 'nature' in space. We would be bringing it there, expanding the natural world, and offering new avenues of evolution for existing life. Can you imagine being born and living most of your life in a low-G environment? Imagine the sociological effects of an environment where there was no solid definition of the words 'up' and 'down'. Enlightenment is in the heavens, my friend.

Quote:

Point being.. our problems aren't going to disappear once we explore space more. They will follow.

I think our problems will follow us wherever we go. The point is:

"If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them. "

-Isaac Asimov

Quote:

I think space exploration is uber important for the continued evolution of any sentient civilization, but not when they are a bunch of flaming, power-hungry idiots with their head up their ass. And I sincerely question their intentions on going to Mars. What's the point? So we can build a base to escape to when we completely fuck the Earth up? Wouldn't last long.

who cares about their intentions? By the time the job is done, they will be dead.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order