Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Flourescent Fish, and others. GM animals.
    #5440779 - 03/25/06 11:47 AM (18 years, 7 days ago)

http://3kingdom.tripod.com/tra1pg1.html

These are not really that new, they have been available for a good year. tehy are also tinckering with cats and dandruff and they have made "flourescent" pigs as well.

Curious to see what people think about such things as genetically modifying animals and plants. My main bitch is the risk of GM livestock getting mixed with wild populations (as are most peoples).

The zebra danios, or zebra fish, only have a 90% sterility rate. what about trout, salmon, rodents etc which are not always sterilised?

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: Flourescent Fish, and others. GM animals. [Re: kadakuda]
    #5441277 - 03/25/06 02:48 PM (18 years, 7 days ago)

Do you remember hearing about the glow-in-the-dark rabbit that was created?

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Flourescent Fish, and others. GM animals. [Re: Konnrade]
    #5443578 - 03/26/06 09:21 AM (18 years, 6 days ago)

Cant say that i have. I mean we all talked about it when we were kids but i never knew anything of it was real. got any links?

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Invisiblecricket
Lord Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: in my house, in front of ...
Re: Flourescent Fish, and others. GM animals. [Re: kadakuda]
    #5443806 - 03/26/06 11:19 AM (18 years, 6 days ago)

They can grow meat in a petri dish now. It's not like we need REAL animals anymore.
We were just talking about this at a reptile forum I belong to. Every one was bitching about Gm'ed animals and how it would upset the natural ballance of things, Blaa blaa blaa...
I had to point out that we "humans" have been modifing our pets for as long as we have been keeping them. Selective breeding, hybridization, improved nutrition, and even surgery, has already given us animals that never would have come to be without our influence. Amagine a pack of wild toy poodles. Most people don't know that doberman pincers have long ears and tail when they are born. Cows and chickens don't look like like they did 200 years ago.
We have been playing GOD ever since we came to understand sexual reproduction. Not just with animals either. When white men first steped onto this land and the natives offered them corn, it was not the long ears of golden kernels like you find in the grocery store today. Most of the food raised now looks nothing like it did when "we" first planted the seeds. The ancient strains of food crops are rare now if they even exsist.
Hell even the people that plant the seeds look different. Humans are growing taller and living longer then ever.
So what if your fish glows in the dark. You can save on the electric bill. It would be easyer to find your bunny at night.
Myself, I'm holding out for the dog tame, bright blue, 12 foot croc monitor

--------------------
I tried to leave my signature but it didn't work...
By the way... Does anybody know how to get sharpie markers off of a computer screen?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies