Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Loc: Somewhere...Under the rai...
Does God Exist? (lets get to the point!)
    #544248 - 02/07/02 09:36 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Ok,Ok! So I might not have had the best strategy for my little test. I can see that the comments have already strayed from the point. So here is my question/ theory: I am always amazed to learn that the people who accept God as the creator of all things are also the first to dismiss aliens, ghosts, and all things otherworldly. They are always the ones who want absolute proof! It amazes me that they are so quick to brush off these other "mysteries", yet have complete blind faith in the biggest of the UNPROVEABLE theories out there. Just a little something I often ponder.

--------------------
"WHATS THE USE OF AUTONOMY WHEN A BUTTON DOES IT ALL?"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDEnoG
Re: Does God Exist? (lets get to the point!) [Re: MentalHygene]
    #544261 - 02/07/02 09:50 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Man it's like this: if anything is possible then it's possible that everything is possible. There may be some all knowing over-seer or there may just be you. This could all just be your illusion. Then again maybe there is a god that exists as a collective that includes everthing making everything "in essence" god. Either way it doesn't matter. There is no escape from the inevitable. Questions like that just lead to pointless theolgical pissing matches

OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Re: Does God Exist? (lets get to the point!) [Re: DEnoG]
    #544266 - 02/07/02 09:54 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

as does every other post here. I just want some ideas from people on the other side.

--------------------

OfflineDEnoG
    #544271 - 02/07/02 10:02 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

well in that case, yes, i do believe in a god. Physical in the broadest aspect, and yet completely beyond the limitations of Material existance. Neither male nor female though both. A contradiction contradicting Itself. You, me, and everything in between.

OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
    #544297 - 02/07/02 10:50 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I think anybody that outright *doesn't believe* in something is kind of closeminded and ignorant. I mean even if you don't think something is probable (like the existence other dimensions) doesn't mean that you should claim that it isn't possible. I mean, how do you know its not possible? You didn't create this universe, you don't know for sure how it works. The universe is a crazy place, if you ever hope to understand it you must always keep an open mind.

Beliefs are dangerous.
Beliefs allow the mind to stop functioning.
A non-functioning mind is clinically dead.
Believe in nothing...

OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Re: Does God Exist? (lets get to the point!) [Re: skaMariaPastora]
    #544332 - 02/07/02 11:22 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Excellent point. I am not saying that there is no God, I am just posing the point that religions condemn the belief in ghosts and the likes. I just find it funny when God is the biggest ghost of them all!

--------------------

Invisiblezero
???
 User Gallery
    #544339 - 02/07/02 11:33 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

god doesn't exist in the way all/most people think of it.
as for you're spirit that is soposed
to live on in afterlife, that is bullshit in my opinion. it's just you're brain, ie you're thoughts.
does that make any sense?
peace
zero

--------------------
sk8 or die

OfflineDrSoliD
Stranger
    #544350 - 02/07/02 11:47 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I don't beleive that God is exactly as how it is explained in the Bible and other religious testaments of God's existence. If God is everywhere, that means that God is everyone and everything. But the human mind cannot comprehend this, our minds cannot live with the fact that we are not individuals, we need solice.

The bible was written by a MAN, it is not the direct words of GOD, therefore it shouldnt be taken as literally as some people take it today. When the Bible was written, it was in a time of fear, and the only way to get through to the masses was to portray God as this angry, overseeing, vengeful Lord who will reign terror down on you if you break one of the commandments(mr.mojo just told me this). If the bible were written today God might be portrayed as more of a motherly figure.

I write of the Bible because i was once a christian, i renounced my faith, and then found out that everything is One and not "us/me" and "him/God" as alot of people think.

I have encountered many people as you describe. Most practicing christians think that because we are made in God's image then that means that we are the only intelligent life in the universe and automatically cancels out any possibility of extraterrestial life, but i dont see it that way. I think that "made in God's image" means that the whole universe was made in God's image not just the inhabitants of earth.

Im glad change is coming though, with the human poppulous evolving faster everyday and with Nibiru approaching(I am still undecided on its existence, but it does explain a lot of things) maybe everyone will realize what asses they've been in having bastardized God and wasting such a beautiful planet for all that it is.

Peace for now

OfflineMentalHygene
otherworldly

Re: Does God Exist? (lets get to the point!) [Re: DrSoliD]
    #544415 - 02/08/02 12:49 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I simply find it hard to believe that this whole mass of space was the work of ONE man with the all powerfull creative wand.

Obviously we had to come from somewhere or something, and If I had to believe in something I would have to say the idea of multiple gods and goddesses would seem more plausible.

I do however carry the opinion that a BELIEF in any one idea is dangerous! Belief is what causes every form of hate and war ever known to man. I think that we as "fairly stupid" beings find a need to explain things that we simply cannot. For example SCIENCE. We convince ourselves that we KNOW something just to make ourselves feel better about our mental shortcomings. This is probably getting to the rambling stage(or way past!) so I'll give it a rest for now.

--------------------

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #544457 - 02/08/02 01:29 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

well, I believe in God. The christian variety at that. I also believe in aliens, ghosts, and lots more besides...even Adam and Eve..well...maybe, but I know what your getting at.

There seems to be a really annoying faction of christians, throughout the last 2000 years, that have been turning people off of a great religion.

(I can hear the groans)

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

OfflineDrSoliD
Stranger
    #544504 - 02/08/02 02:58 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

not "One man"
i know its hard to perceive but there is no human-like God, i think that idea is actually pretty absured, b/c that would mean that God is limited like us, and that just isnt possible.
i think of it just as limitless energy, but with intelligence, i dont know if that makes sense, but im still searching for more answers wherever i can find them.

OfflineLord_A
Loc: Netherlands
    #544527 - 02/08/02 04:40 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know or care if god exists. It's too big a question for our little existance here.

--------------------
a strange direction can be a beautiful opportunity

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #544700 - 02/08/02 10:19 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I tend not to use words like God because people have a preconception about what they think God is. The ego is very tricky and quickly has us believing that God is just like us... a physical entity. Some dude sitting up on a throne looking down at everything.

In answer to the posts subject, "" exists in paradox.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Feminized Cannabis Seeds