Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTheDemon
has typed IDDQD,Godlike!

LD50 of THC
    #5437144 - 03/24/06 06:20 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

So, people have probably told you its impossible to die from THC. Wrooooong, Its just very difficult to do. The ld50 is...

1260 milligrams per kilo gram

So for every Kilogram you weigh, you would need 1.26 pure grams of THC.. Just incanse any of you serious head cases out there can get your hands on pure thc, either synthetic or extracted somehow... Heres a lil equation for ya

(Your weight(in lb) * 0.45359237) 1.26 = The ammount of pure THC ( in grams) you'de need to off yourself.

Keep in mind, that only HALF of the rats died at this dose, so only half of the people would.

Thanks to Basidiocarp, And the ALMIGHTY MERCK!!! /me worships merck

Edited by TheDemon (03/24/06 06:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

Re: LD50 of THC [Re: TheDemon]
    #5437169 - 03/24/06 06:48 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

-

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------

Edited by DadeMurphy (03/24/06 06:53 AM)

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
Re: LD50 of THC [Re: DadeMurphy]
    #5437177 - 03/24/06 06:52 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

:lol: fanfuckingtastic

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

InvisibleTheDemon
has typed IDDQD,Godlike!

#5437178 - 03/24/06 06:52 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

/me laughs at the term haxor

OfflineShroomer215
Consumer ofshrooms

Loc: In your Mind.
    #5437341 - 03/24/06 08:59 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

wow thats crazy to know.. I dont think anyone can even afford that much hahhah

OfflinePurpleKush
Rational Lunatic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Above The Law
    #5437419 - 03/24/06 09:34 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

TheDemon said:
/me laughs at the term haxor

did you notice his name was Dade Murphy?  wasnt that the dude in Hackers?  what a waste of a movie...
:rofl2:
what up ZERO COOL?  :lolz0rz:

--------------------

:blindfury::fried::psychsplit::vaped:

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder
    #5437441 - 03/24/06 09:43 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

You worship a phamaceutical company?:nonono:

--------------------

:murray:

OfflineMead
Closet Chemist
 User Gallery

#5437454 - 03/24/06 09:49 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

I'd never be able to smoke over 200lbs of 33% percent hash let alone 100% in a sitting, the main reason is money haha.

opps read yours wrong but still over 100lbs hahah I'd say it's DAMN near impossible then, as wouldn't our bodies explode under the pressure of 100lbs of anything inside us?

Also this doesn't list the cause of death, was it the blood stream to full of thc, would it be the carbon minoxide if smoked(for you damn sure can't eat that much)? Also just about anything can kill you in excessive amounts.

--------------------

Edited by MeadMadeMe (03/24/06 09:55 AM)

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: LD50 of THC [Re: Mead]
    #5437458 - 03/24/06 09:52 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

did you notice his name was Dade Murphy? wasnt that the dude in Hackers? what a waste of a movie...

Hackers is one of the best movies of the 90s. I love it, its so bad it's good, its so cheesy its funny, and really - you get to see Angalina Jolies tits, how can any movie where you get to see her tits be a waste?

OfflinePurpleKush
Rational Lunatic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Above The Law
Re: LD50 of THC [Re: kaniz]
    #5437485 - 03/24/06 10:08 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kaniz said:
Quote:

did you notice his name was Dade Murphy? wasnt that the dude in Hackers? what a waste of a movie...

Hackers is one of the best movies of the 90s. I love it, its so bad it's good, its so cheesy its funny, and really - you get to see Angalina Jolies tits, how can any movie where you get to see her tits be a waste?

good point, i cant argue with tits. :boobs:
but the movie spawned all the kids who THINK they know everything about computers and that whole "l33t h4x0r!!!" mentality gets on my nerves when people dont really know shit. 

i myself dont know a damn thing about computers, so maybe i shouldnt have anything to say about it.  and maybe dademurphy up there does fuck shit up with hacking and whatnot.  but the acting in that movie was soooooo horrible, and the lines were soooooo predictable and annoying.  i'd have to smoke 100 lbs of grass just to be stoned enough to watch that movie again lol

besides, if you want to see celebrities naked, thats what the internet is for! :whacker:

--------------------

:blindfury::fried::psychsplit::vaped:

OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

Re: LD50 of THC [Re: PurpleKush]
    #5437530 - 03/24/06 10:26 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

"I love it, its so bad it's good, its so cheesy its funny."
It's hilarious.

--------------------

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
    #5437600 - 03/24/06 11:00 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

rats are not people. the LD50 in rodents is not the same as the LD50 in humans. it is realistically impossible to die from THC. did they mention what killed them--was it respiratory depression? in the human brain, there are more cannabinoid receptors than any other receptor (if i remember my psychopharmacology correctly). however, there are none (or insignificantly few) in the brain stem--the region responsible for regulating breathing, heart rate, etc. MOST drugs (opiates, alcohol, etc) kill you by depressing the brain stem--thus you stop breathing and it is not within your control to decide this. but you can smoke pure THC all day long and this would never happen...
peace.

OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

Re: LD50 of THC [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #5437627 - 03/24/06 11:09 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

It's true that rat LD50s cannot really be extrapolated to humans for all the reasons you mention.
Just as an aside, in alot of drugs (this may not apply to the cannabinoids) the LD50s go DOWN (by weight/body mass) as size of the animal in question goes up.
So an elephant will require less of a drug per kilogram of body mass than a dog, the dog less (mg/kg) than a rabbit, and the rabbit less than a rat.
Based on such a trend, one might predict that the human LD50 would be significantly less than the rat LD50.

--------------------

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: LD50 of THC [Re: PurpleKush]
    #5437639 - 03/24/06 11:12 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

PurpleKush said:
Quote:

kaniz said:
Quote:

good point, i cant argue with tits. :boobs:
but the movie spawned all the kids who THINK they know everything about computers and that whole "l33t h4x0r!!!" mentality gets on my nerves when people dont really know shit. 

i myself dont know a damn thing about computers, so maybe i shouldnt have anything to say about it.  and maybe dademurphy up there does fuck shit up with hacking and whatnot.  but the acting in that movie was soooooo horrible, and the lines were soooooo predictable and annoying.  i'd have to smoke 100 lbs of grass just to be stoned enough to watch that movie again lol

besides, if you want to see celebrities naked, thats what the internet is for! :whacker:

Well, at that time - I was actually into hacking. Long before the movie came out actually, I remeber spending hours war dailing, finding systems, tinkerng with them - trying to figure out how they work.

Discovering things like ARPANET, X25, making my own 'boxes' (when phreaking boxes actually worked).

Mind you, I was generally more on the 'whitehat' side of things - just really interested in security, systems and figuring out how they work. Was never a 'omg, lets root a system and destroy it!',

Ran my own BBS system for ages, last few years of it private/invite-only, great days :smile:

That being said, I loved the movie for how cheesy and inaccurate it was and what a poor representation of hacking it was. Mind you, had they really shown what it was like - it would of made for a boring as shit movie now wouldnt it?

/ANY/ movie that shows off technology and computers and networking is done in a much fancier and entertaining way to watch then it is in reality.

Like compiling that Virus (?? think it was) in Swordfish - had they really just shown a bunch of linking and compiler messages flash across the screen for 10 mins, it would of been a yawn. But hey, a neat little 3D animation is far more amusing to watch.

If anyone took the movie to be anything serious or even contain a microscopic hint of the reality of it - then they are a fool. But, if you took it as a tounge in cheek cheesy laugh - it was a riot :smile:

and the soundtrack aint bad either.

Edited by kaniz (03/24/06 11:13 AM)

OfflineAlwaysFlowin
Never Pass onGrass
 User Gallery

#5437734 - 03/24/06 11:52 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Based on that formula it would take me 103.5 grams of PURE THC to have a 50% chance at dying. We'll say a GOOD heady strain such as Ak-47 has something like 20% THC content. 103.5 grams (pure THC) * 5 = 517.5 grams of headies (and more than 4 times that amount for lesser quality cannabis). So basically I'd have to extract all the THC perfectly from 517.5 grams of headies, then ingest it all at once... and I'd still have a 50% shot at living. Pretty damn good

InvisibleTheDemon
has typed IDDQD,Godlike!

#5438032 - 03/24/06 01:49 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

OMG SLASH AND RAZOR?

"Hey kids! This is how to get free phone calls!"

Good movie, anyways....  Eating that much pure THC wouldnt be that difficult, i think the method of consumption was sesame iv???  so you might have to IV it, but still.... I mean hell, it could be done.  Whose up for mass suicide via THC? hahahahahaHAHAHAA :tongue:

Offlineshneck
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5438314 - 03/24/06 03:12 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DadeMurphy said:
It's true that rat LD50s cannot really be extrapolated to humans for all the reasons you mention.
Just as an aside, in alot of drugs (this may not apply to the cannabinoids) the LD50s go DOWN (by weight/body mass) as size of the animal in question goes up.
So an elephant will require less of a drug per kilogram of body mass than a dog, the dog less (mg/kg) than a rabbit, and the rabbit less than a rat.
Based on such a trend, one might predict that the human LD50 would be significantly less than the rat LD50.

"this may not apply to the cannabinoids" - reasonable.
"Based on such a trend, one might predict that the human LD50 would be significantly less than the rat LD50" - you contradict yourself, crooked logic.
Also, you don't even differ between intravenous injection and oral/smoked consumption which in case of lipoacids is extremely ignorant.

http://www.druglibrary.org/olsen/hemp/iha/iha02210.html
"The LD50 values for Fischer rats treated orally with single doses of delta-9-THC and delta-8THC, and observed for 7 days, are 1910 mg/kg and 1980 mg/kg (for males) respectively and 860 mg/kg (for females) [26]. The histopathological changes caused by these extremely high doses were essentially the same for both delta-8-and delta-9-THC. LD50 could not be determined in either rhesus monkeys or dogs as single oral doses of up to 9000 mg/kg of either delta-8- or delta-9-THC in dogs or monkeys were non-lethal. Histopathological alterations did not occur in either dogs or monkeys."

Conclusion:
"THC has an LD50 that is far beyond an ingestible amount. THC cannot be absorbed into the blood past a certain limit, and this limit is much less than the LD50. No overdoses or deaths have resulted from THC."

Peace.

Offlinethe_psychonaut
psychonaut
 User Gallery
Re: LD50 of THC [Re: shneck]
    #5438397 - 03/24/06 03:40 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

not saying hes wrong. but am i the only one who noticed he used the LD-50 for rats? if im not mistaken LD-50s can be massivly different for each animal, just look at the ld-50 for lsd between humans and elephants

--------------------
never be afraid to let your mind explore, just know what you are getting into b4 you jump in the deep end, and do your research on this site and erowid.com

OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

Re: LD50 of THC [Re: shneck]
    #5438400 - 03/24/06 03:41 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

There's no contradiction in what I said.
I was merely stating that there is this general trend that as organism size goes up, LD50 goes down (in terms of mg/kg). It is true for many drugs, I don't know if it is true for cannabinoids or not.
I didn't mention anything about dosage route because I wasn't trying to make an argument one way or the other on cannabinoid LD50, just pointing this trend out.

--------------------

Offlineshneck
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5438531 - 03/24/06 04:13 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

The contradiction, in my view, is that you predict THC LD50 "basing on a trend" which "may not apply to THC". All words are your own.

As it turns out, this trend does not apply to THC indeed. Which makes your point both self contradictory and wrong.

Same would happen if you apply such logic, say, for psylocibin.
That's why I believe it's a crooked one.

You use the fact that they all are DRUGS as a basis for such extrapolation. And completely forget that they belong to different types of chemicals and the mechanism of their action is quite different.

Sorry if I did not put it clear before.

Peace.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains