Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Re: need genuine advice, a letter to my boss [Re: Kerbouchard]
    #5437091 - 03/24/06 03:31 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I post in there sometimes. Most of the time I go in there I just end up reading and laughing at stuff.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKerbouchardS
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: need genuine advice, a letter to my boss [Re: eris]
    #5437100 - 03/24/06 03:37 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

yeah it's great. I love it when they bash me and make fun of me.. It's good stuff, most of the time. I will stop posting when they start talking about killing myself/suicide, but generally they won't go there.
I like to keep it good vibes, amidst the wolfs.. A lone noble Lion in the hyena pit, type of deal. it's helped me as a person, in my REAL social life( what, you mean to say that you have a real life, flowie?) Yes,I stay hella busy.. This is just my main hobby, along with foraging and gardening, and working, and sleeping.. : :discodance: :happyheart: :shineon:

But, it's been about :mushroom2:'s,  since I had my first mushroom trip, before I ever knew about this website. I'd like to give a Shout out to my friend The Shroom Hermit, who got me started off here, as a true noob.

--------------------
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Decides Who's Left."

Edited by flowup (03/24/06 04:21 AM)

InvisibleKerbouchardS
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5437143 - 03/24/06 04:20 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

bump again, with alittle quote that I like"
Let's not get to off subject here, though.
Keep the constructive posts rolling
Quote:

Light the match and burn the flower. Leave behind all the pain. Why feel sad? When happiness can be bought for a little more than free. Fuck this modern day prohibition. The only real drug problem is scoring real good drugs. The corner store has the finest scotch but whos got un-cut powder? We just want what is ours...dignity. So if God put plants and buds that I find and abuse, than who the FUCK are YOU to judge me?I wanna see the consitution burn, watch the white house overturn, wanna witness some blue blood bleed fucking red I wanna tar and lynch the KKK, pull and shoot the NRA, pay the lobbyists to kill themselves, and I wanna dose the DEA.

--------------------
"War Doesn't Decide Who's Right... It Decides Who's Left."

Offlinemrsautoman
Don't DriveAngry
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South
    #5437172 - 03/24/06 04:50 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I gotta agree with the person who said the letter is a tad personal. I understand you want the flavour of your personality to come through. But don't you want to convey a sense of maturity to these people?

Like telling them you steal smoothies. It's a real funny joke to make in person at the right moment (like after they give you manager, tell them you're relieved because now you can stop stealing so much). You want this letter to be a pure, simple statement of intent and dedication, not a personal ad. Be a goofball in PERSON, not in a permanent written record.

If you get your thoughts into some final order drop me a PM and I'll edit it for you if you want.

GL

--------------------

~I was born of a voice untimely,
the so-called echo of a man's ordure~

Invisiblegotyerback
SpiritualAdvisor
Female User Gallery

#5437409 - 03/24/06 07:29 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

flowup said:
Dear --- and ----,

It has been brought to my attention that a managerial position may be open within the next few weeks. I would like to be considered for the position at that time.

If you would like to check with my supervisors and peers, you will see that I have an excellent performance record and a genuine interest in making our restaurant succesful.

I have already shown I am capable of running your store, from open to close, without any supervision. All I would need is some minimal training that any manager would need.

My Work history is:
2 years at Steak and Shake as a server,
Six months regular worker at W.G. Grinders sandwich/catering shop
six years of lawn and landscape work

Through my marketing efforts, our store has received orders from 5 separate companies, with repeat orders, making my personal sales at around $1000.

I am capable of making the catering needs happen, I can handle the stress, and work well under pressure.

I have practically been a manager in training for two months, thanks to the help from my boss.

In closing, I ask that you consider me for this position. I will be happy to discuss this with you at your convenience.

Sincerely
-My name

For God's sake don't send them the letter you wrote. Trust me on that one. They will never read the whole thing.

I am doing this to help you, not to be mean. I know this is blunt, but you clearly don't have experience writing business correspondence. Just edit what I typed for you a little and print it up.

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
Re: need genuine advice, a letter to my boss [Re: gotyerback]
    #5440195 - 03/25/06 01:50 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Nice post. Short and to the point. Any thing left out or that needs to be fleshed out can be taken care of during an interview.

Flow, while you state that its important to have some of what you wrote in there so that they can better see who you are. Man, you dont want them to know who you are.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder