Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineexpandhead
Stranger
help about parents
    #539394 - 02/03/02 03:26 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey ive never done shrooms before but want to greatly, im wondering if my parents are around if theyl be able to tell really easilly, im ok stoned around them so i just dont know, any help?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepsyko78626
people arestrange whenyour a stranger
Loc: central Texas
Re: help about parents [Re: expandhead]
    #539867 - 02/04/02 01:15 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

umm... don't do shrooms around your parents and you'll be fine

--------------------
"If there weren't no humps, there wouldn't be no gettin over" George Clinton

OfflineKrendle
veteran
    #540346 - 02/04/02 02:25 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Shoot them and eat them. Parents taste like chicken.

In all seriousness, this should go in GQ. And I wouldn't trip around your folks, especially not as a new tripper which it seems to me that you are.

--------------------
First person to PM me with a truly witty sig gets to see their words at the bottom of my posts :wink:

OfflinePsyFlux
enthusiast

#541585 - 02/05/02 05:42 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't recommend it since you could get paranoia when tripping in fear of your parents finding out. But when you keep the dose low (no more than a level 2 trip) I'd say you're able to behave perfectly normal. Pupils aren't dillated with a low dose like that (at least mine aren't), and your able to walk and talk normal with some concentration.

I've been tripping on 2 grams of dried P. cubensis on several occasion without anyone noticing. But it sure isn't as pleasurable, since you can't relax and enjoy the trip. I've had some few ppl remarking that I was a bit unusual happy btw :laugh: 

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #541979 - 02/06/02 12:33 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i'd advise against tripping with your parents around.. after all, you've heard it before and i'll tell you once more: it's all about set and setting

if you're really comfortable tripping around your family and you're planning on letting them know beforehand, then by all means go ahead. but otherwise, just wait until you can have the house to yourself or one of your friend's places... or go camping, or go to any nice place where you can hang around for a while without any worries

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #542236 - 02/06/02 07:12 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hell yea the will know, especially if you do a good dose, you will look to them like a druling idiot.
Shrooms are not like pot, with a good dose you will bearly be able to walk, and you will be babling a lot of nonsence to them.
Be smart do it in a safe place were nobody will inturup you.
good luck

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#542891 - 02/06/02 07:43 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey: please don't see the following as a dig at you, ok?

Your parents maybe can't tell you're tripping...
They might think you've gone mentally ill to a shocking extent, get scared shitless, send for an ambulance and because of that worry themselves sick over you.

How old are you?
The psychedelic group that makes DMT & such available to juveniles are the Amazon Indians. But NEVER under age 14 and that should indicate an absolute minimum age, which I DON'T ENDORSE AT ALL. If you're even younger than that: please D.O.N.T do it. To save you a lecture: your growing brain may grow the wrong way: Severe defects (being a handicapped dude) may grow in so young a brain. This can not happen when you're a grownup: the growing's done then.
Should you ask me my age guesstimate, I'd say between 18-25 AT LEAST.

Why? I'll tell you why: When you take a good look at tripreports & such you can see it's not all fun: sometimes or even often you can feel bad.
REAL,REAL BAD.....
You can feel so bad that you now never even could understand 1/10 of how bad you can feel then. You can feel so bad that you could get really scary nightmares at night. You can feel so bad you can get nightmares when you're wide awake !!!!!

You'd have to be a real Hercules to be able to go th?t distance! And I with my 70 trips & 10 years of tripping, think you'll have to be at least 18-25, and stable, to be able to do that. Please read alot about it till you're over 18: that's what I did and your Trips will be alot, lot better!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: help about parents [Re: Asante]
    #543095 - 02/06/02 10:43 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I have always felt that high school is for learning and college is for exploring. Studies show that the negative affects of drugs do more "damage" more quickly on younger brains. For example, a person at sixteen might become an alcoholic in six months drinking one beer a night. The same person, same weight, etc at twenty-five years might require three years drinking one beer a night to become an alcoholic. If you are in your teens, do the smart thing and wait. Hehe... I never thought I would be preaching herbal abstinence.

Peace

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: help about parents [Re: Asante]
    #543384 - 02/07/02 06:39 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with you, and I may add that to fully get all the benefit of the phsycodelic experience you have to have lived a little bit, I am 35 and I started shrooming like 6 years ago, I do it maybe twice a year.
I am very glad that I did not do it when I was a teen.
I don't think I could have handled it properly.

--------------------

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
Re: help about parents [Re: Seuss]
    #543447 - 02/07/02 08:09 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I agree....Here's the stats I read about for becoming dependent: Under 12, 5-10 weeks--------12-21,5-10 months--------over 21,5-10 years.

Don't trip around parents OR alone until you have some experience.

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: help about parents [Re: Tannis]
    #543453 - 02/07/02 08:21 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I'm able to act normal while tripping around my parents, even in high doses. I don't get paranoid at all, I hardly care.

--------------------

OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
    #543507 - 02/07/02 09:40 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I've done a good deal of tripping (among other things) around my parents. The thing is, they were asleep though. If you go daylight tripping around them, you _will_ get caught. For one thing, you'll be drooling and staring off at the distance. For another, your skills of speech will be severely handicapped, to say the least (ie : baseball? whats a baseball?). I've tripped at school and not gotten caught, but thats a different matter. DONT DO IT! (At least if they're awake)

Invisibletriptor

Loc: Confussion
Re: help about parents [Re: GringoLoco]
    #543646 - 02/07/02 11:44 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

When I look into your Big Black Eyes! Sing to the tune of the birds and the bees

--------------------
Zippity freakin doo dah

OfflineSquirtle
journeyman
Loc: Boston
    #544847 - 02/08/02 12:50 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

im not sure how old you are, but ive found more important than age is maturity. still, as other people have said, it may be better for your brain to wait. either way, i would seriously reccomend not doing it around your parents for the first time. even after reading ALL the trip reports, you have no idea how it will affect you personally. wait 'til they're asleep, gone for the day, whatever...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds