Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Balloons, Cracker, Microscope, Nitrous Oxide

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAsanteA
low dose - high adventure
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: LeGrouper]
    #561538 - 02/24/02 02:17 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey man: Deepening friendship transforming into love... well, that happens to all of us I hope. But what if she likes to be just friends? Will you find yourself falling in Love then?
I usually don't under these cirumstances. A crush perhaps, but what I consider Love happens only when I'm very sure it might be mutual.
Kinda passive, innit?
Doesn't make me "the She" tho, cuz thats just a fairytale!

"But doctor... Does having my ass sewn shut mean I'm stuck with this colostomy-bag FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE?!"
"Well, yes, Wiccan Seeker..."
" ! ! ! ! ! "
"Aww, don't whine! What's a little discomfort for a few weeks?"

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :gold:  :silver:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI

personal Ethereum gifts w/o strings attached are very welcome at:
0x9e107aC7656A4b2Fc295Ef5157f06B8E313D7aFa    Ethereum?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: Asante]
    #561552 - 02/24/02 02:30 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

he went nuts from acid and joined a cult.
very steriotypical.
tho, perhaps on that trip he found himself feeling attracted towards you and then BAM out came the beast, his defence mechanisims shot into action and up went the wall.
run run run
i like the term, LSD for LDS tho, very coo!
but then, maybe God did come to him... maybe homosexuality IS evil. who can say?
not you, not me, and not him, but hes saying, youre saying, and well, im not saying anything.
im just myself doing good when its needed.
look around with open eyes and see the hate and pain in the world, its hard to dig through, it grows so fast like weeds.
ignorance is getting stronger and more accepted and more ignored (ironic yet logical)
anyway. evryone take their own path. you simply wont have the same friends you had as a child, such a thing is very rare.
a coward dies anmd dies again, only to be reborn into a new world untill that world begins collapsing. LDS tends to be a bit more organized than your average LSD trip. so hes picked a universe that seems un collapseable. for he is weak and needs it.
you apparently dont, but time will tell.

Offlinethem_26
enthusiast
    #568622 - 03/03/02 02:57 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Sure, I'll preach to the choir:
my mother told me that I would wave to stand before "God" and be judged for my ways (even sci fi is now considered "evil") and like a dumb ass caught up in the heat of the moment I told her I would pee on his feet. So she told me that he will destroy me(of course I already knew "he'd" do that cause I hate the idea of him). We still love each other though. also crazy shit, huh?
I had a footlocker full of wonderful new(old)age books 13 years ago and the woman wanted to throw away not only the books(which, her being a kooky christian, I could understand) but the footlocker as well. because she believed satan/evil spirits were dwelling there since the books were stored there. Then I got put in a chirstian boys home where I couldn't even have Fantasy Adventure books. The scary thing is that, with my mother's permission it was a home recommend by the state's county government. Seperation church/state my ass!
As soon as I get rid of the residual programming left over from that upbringing I'll be alright. I'm sorry that for now it seems your (ex)friend won't(nor my mom).
PRAISE JEBUS!!! He's such a loving deity.
Now sing, my sisters & brothers, while I pass around the plate.

OfflineNextGenHippie
enthusiast
Loc: MD, USA
Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: them_26]
    #569856 - 03/04/02 08:52 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

dude, now THAT's just uncool.

--------------------
[pot]Think left and think right[pot]
[pot]and think low and think high[pot]
[pot]Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try[pot]
-Dr. Seuss

OfflineWitheredAway
Stranger
Loc: On A Limb
Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: NextGenHippie]
    #681687 - 06/16/02 10:25 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I really find this hard to understand. Once i was a member of the Jehovahs Witnesses, forcibly, but i was, and they said a lot of crazy things and seemed to back it all up, but really didn't. But what surpirsed me was the total lack of any questioning whatsoever of what they were being told. It was almost taboo to question anything an "elder" or a preist said. My years spent as a Jehovahs witness are probly what turned me off of religion, but ironicaly, Its probly the reason i have a pretty reasonable knowledge of the bible. Dude if your friend went all that away I'd say theres something intrinsically Fucked in his head.I dunno. Better Luck with friends in the future.
Hmm. Maybe they all join cults because they have an Oatmeal deficiency. They need More oatmeal in Their diet.
Peace

InvisibleThe_Clash_UK
Day Tripper
Loc: UK
    #681746 - 06/16/02 11:05 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I think those 1/5 of a gramme of Ganja each per night caused you both to loose sight.

--------------------
Crash a cig guvnor?

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Loc: California
Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: The_Clash_UK]
    #681842 - 06/16/02 12:21 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

My best friend for four years is a moron also... We had done everything togeather he was the person who got me into the world of Acid, Bud, Nitrous, etc etc etc... And now in two months he ships off for his mission. He says he won't change but the cult is going to get him...

It's sad to lose a tripping buddy. They are the best buddies because you know they will die for you.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: nezshoo]
    #682312 - 06/16/02 05:09 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

"My best friend for four years is a moron also"
Couldn't agree more

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Offlinenezshoo
<--- SOMA

Loc: California
Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #682666 - 06/16/02 07:45 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Whoops! TYPO!

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: nezshoo]
    #683051 - 06/17/02 03:53 AM (18 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah...

Friendships can become really INTENSE when you've Shroomed together for a long while. You see eachother at his/her most vulnerable & every now & again see them as a Hero, or be a Hero to them. It's my experience that Shrooms "open you up" towards others, especially good friends that happen to be tripping with you.

I WANT to respect the Mormons & other cults, but find that's usually one-way only: you're either down with their views or Satan himself. Don't believe in a Devil, though: I think it's abit "easy" to blame all things unnice to a seperate Deity.
Wicca dictates that the Highest force (The Sun God & Moon Goddess) has a dark side to it you'll have to live with. But I do respect Christians that respect me back!
Funny, tho: all "Christian" political parties in NL are strongly right-wing orientated.
Hmm.. reading about Jesus gave me an entirely different impression.
Is it me?

--------------------

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #684191 - 06/17/02 04:48 PM (18 years, 3 months ago)

I liked that post a lot. Losing a friend is a heart breaking experience.

--------------------

Offlineaj_0001
    #1000931 - 10/28/02 09:02 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I agree wit fatsean, $250 aint much but enough for me to pistol wip him and hold him at gun point untill he cryed like a bitch. Then i would ask him "can god hellp u now?"..... just my oppinoin dont do it..... oh yeah then i would take his wallet ...

OfflineGoBlue!
Tool Rules - DBK

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
    #1000964 - 10/28/02 09:16 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Can't say I've lost a friend like that, but that totally sucks.

Here's what I'd do:
Copy the story that you posted on this thread, and send it to his boss, or higher priest, or whatever you call the next level up in the Mormon hierarchy.  Tell him the whole story and that you still want your $250.  That might help you feel better, even if you don't get the money back.  :wink: 

--------------------
:smile:  Just stating my thoughts, not trying to offend  :smile:

OfflineAgent_420
Stranger
Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: GoBlue!]
    #1001316 - 10/28/02 11:22 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

well, i can understand this post because i live right here in good ol' Salt Lake City, Utah. plus i've had my BEST friend turn his back on me. so let me be the first to tell you, that the LDS church might as well be a cult, because thousands of shitheads hide behind that bullshit religion. for instance, my dad, blackmailed the bishop on a business deal in order to not get ex-communicated. but that's a different story.

my advice to you man, is to get your money back. you're gay friend basically punked you for your money, and regardless of whether you get your money back, you need to defend your dignity. if you can't beat him in a straight fist fight, beat him down with a baseball bat. it's definitely worth it man, you'll completely rid this fool from you and you'll have no regrets. nothing worse than looking back and feeling jipped and knowing you did nothing.

and as far as the LDS church goes, it's a piece of shit. i regularly punk my seminary classmates (seminary is mormon church at school, yes the government is run by mormons in utah and the constitution doesn't apply here) into denial. you should see this fags deny facts for no reason at all except to feel safe. it's ridiculous, but that's what the weak need. so let them do as they please, but not if it means you get jacked 250 bucks.

Offlinejahfeelirie
meatwad

#1003791 - 10/29/02 06:56 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

WS,

you are a very interesting character... Thanks for sharing your story.

I will not pity you, because i do not feel pity is in order (as it rarely is). You know what happened to you and you know how to fix it. You know God and your Self.. and thats all that really matters right? I appreciate the fact that you dont demean him or his relationship to Christianity, because, as you know, its just his way of self-evolution. Maybe you could call it a regression, but in the scheme of things, isnt all action a positive movement towards a greater good? It taught you alot, and so it will teach him more in the next life.

Very lively story, loved the metaphorical value.

are you a writer?
jfi

--------------------
my signature is too long

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: jahfeelirie]
    #1035411 - 11/08/02 09:55 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Writer? Er, in Dutch, yes... A funwriter though, not been published yet, nor tried to.

I guess most people get backstabbed every once in a while, and occasionally you're reminded of it again. Indeed: I wasn't going for the sympathy vote, just wanted to share my story. Tripping isn't just about you and the XX milligrams of Psilocybin, it's about friendships, a sense of community, the good AND the bad too.

If there's a TripTip to be gotten from this, it's probably to go about tripping and tripping friends carefully, I guess. Suppose we lived in the US & he had informed the cops on me. Those dots I had back then would likely have turned into a "Mandatory Minimum" nightmare... About my lost friend: I hope he's happy: from what I've heard he's severed all connections to people I know of and he's fulltime LDS. Cults... To each his/her own.

Nice you guys dug up this old thread :grin:

--------------------

OfflineNewbie2000
Idiot:www.soby.us

#1036600 - 11/08/02 04:28 PM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I personally enjoyed the story. The point wasn't the metaphors, or the homsexuality, it was the story of losing a friend, money, and other things all at once. I had the same almost exact thing happen to me. Chris. We would trip/smoke/snort all the time together. He was the greatest trip buddy. He even went so far as to record our conversations on shrooms without me knowing, just so he would have a record of all the search for life jargon we spit out when tripping. Then he would take some of the phrases and mix them into songs. He was cool.

Then he found God. of course, this was after borrowing money from me to support our habit. After trying to sleep with all my girlfriends. After berteying my trust time and time again. But it was easy for me to let go. I realized he was a good trip buddy, and that was it. In real life, he served no purpose in the terms of friendship. He broke away, claiming God, and I just shrugged and tripped right along. I tripped once alone right after taht, and pondered it quite some time. Now I know I made the right decision in getting out of the friendship.

He found God. fine. No more drugs for him. Fine. But me, I'm outta here. I'll never forget some of the talks we had, but what can you do. Now I have a whole gang of trip buddies, who are far more into the scene and the trip convos then he ever was. Education does pay off.

Anyway, It was no real big loss. I thought at the time it would be, but it wasn't. That's what I learned.

OfflineMighty Bop
Big Boy

Loc: Nowhere
Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: Newbie2000]
    #1037998 - 11/09/02 02:07 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

I deleted my post. I shouldn't had said those things even if they were true. I felt bad.

--------------------
I got a buddy with United Fruit, get ya started...

Trade List

Edited by mighty_bop (11/09/02 02:07 PM)

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: JESUS: I damn near KILLED my Tripfriend !!! [Re: Mighty Bop]
    #1038533 - 11/09/02 10:27 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Religions, Girlfriends... Life is full of surprises :mad:

As for Religion: I can't understand it... If you see Tripping as putting the microscope on life, how can one come to believe it takes you further from God(s)??? It's my experience that alot of people get onto the path of Religion BY the Shroom (see Leary's "Good Friday Experiment") and that usually it's the fellow believers or books/scrolls with Dogma that make people renounce Shrooms. Losing a friend sux. But losing one in the Name of God... Ouch.

Girlfriends: you see it time & time again... X has alot of friends, X falls in love, X doesn't need friends anymore or is prevented from seeing them by his/her significant other. I've seen and heard that sooo many times it makes me sick to my stomach. Another friend of mine got married and had to part with all his major hobbies (They scare me honey) and all of his friends (You've got ME, haven't you?) because his GF/Wife didn't agree with them.
Boom! What can you do? The Ladies from Hades take all.

Don't think of people as losers, tho. True: how alot of people live their mindnumbingly boring lives doesn't feel right to me too, but remember that we can't judge anyone or anything since none of us has all the facts.
Friendships come and go, trust is gained and lost... Sad though. 

--------------------

OfflineShadler77
Shroomin Shadley

Loc: WA
    #1045585 - 11/12/02 06:36 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

As far as the love/relationship discussion: I'm not sure why WS got so defensive about "loving" his friend....I love many of my friends....I don't think there was anything sexually attached to the initial comment.

WS and the Mormon guy: That's sad, really. I've seen friends get involved with drugs, get addicted, and forget about what's important in life but that kind of cult addiction is the saddest of all. religion truely is the opiate of the masses. And that sucks that he stole from you and is trying to use something as sacred as the idea of God to justify it.....I'm sure if God does exist, he/she doesn't appreciate your ex-friend using him as a write-off for theft.

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Balloons, Cracker, Microscope, Nitrous Oxide

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports