Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: How do I tell my girlfriend that she's getting fat? [Re: AliceDee]
    #5433555 - 03/23/06 09:39 AM (18 years, 15 hours ago)

I don't think love should be affected by someone's appearance changing from weight gain, regardless of whether you're been together 3 years or 30.  :shrug:

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Loc: ethereality
Re: How do I tell my girlfriend that she's getting fat? [Re: adrug]
    #5433589 - 03/23/06 09:47 AM (18 years, 15 hours ago)

fuck that.

To the original poster,

if she is gaining weight and you are losing sexual interest in her then it has to be dealt with. You can't change who you are and the way circumstance affects you.

You need to sit her down and explain to her your concerns in a very sensitive but honest fashion.

Convey to her why you are so interested in helping her gain some of her old beauty back, because you appreciate her and don't want to lose her to something as trivial as weight. You also need to compliment her on thing s you deeply enjoy about her.

Its understandable that if she is gaining weight that it is affecting your desire for sex with her. it is unfair for women to think that just because they have caught a good that means they can allow themselves to become pigs. Its selfish and highly insensitive to the men. We don't want to fuck no cows. relationships are a responsibility, both parties need to communicate and try to meet in the middle. It is has long been understood that men are affected very intensely visually, this means it is the women's responsibility to consider this and act appropriately, just like there are certain measures men have take when dealing with their side of the arrangement. One being the communication aspect of the relationship.

Tell her, be polite, expressive and also very sensitive, you would be doing her a far greater disservice by letting her get fat then dumping her, now she is fat, lonely and her prospects not so good. Her feelings will still be hurt, if you tell her and help her combat it her feeling s will be ruffled sure, ultimately her feelings will be better than they were before. When she has regained her former grace and you sex is frenzied and passionate. She will know you are capable of being honest and greatly admire you for it, finding a sense of comfort and trust that wasn't there previously.

IMHO

--------------------
Asshole

OfflineScarfmeister
Thrill Seeker
Loc: The will to power
Re: How do I tell my girlfriend that she's getting fat? [Re: SporeDrinker]
    #5433820 - 03/23/06 10:32 AM (18 years, 14 hours ago)

You guys are serious pushovers. I believe in honesty in relationships. If she loves you she should be able to handle you telling her that she is getting heavy. Christ its not like your telling her she got aids or anything.

Im dead serious. Just don't say your not as attracted to her obviously. The girl im currently seeing tells me all kind of shit id rather not hear but at least i know what she thinks and work on improving myself.

--------------------
--------------------
We're the lowest of the low, the scum of the fucking earth!

InvisibleBuddahKillah
U WANTFITE!?!?!?!?!?!

#5433869 - 03/23/06 10:46 AM (18 years, 14 hours ago)

Quote:

SporeDrinker said:
Is there anything I can do without making her cry or hate me?

No.

InvisibleAmatoxin
Injected With A Poison

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not So Great Britain
    #5433931 - 03/23/06 11:00 AM (18 years, 13 hours ago)

Get her one of these for her birthday  :thumbup:

--------------------

Sectioned Under The Mental Health Act Sat 20-10-07 to Thurs 01-11-07 for playing TECHNO music

InvisibleBuddahKillah
U WANTFITE!?!?!?!?!?!

Re: How do I tell my girlfriend that she's getting fat? [Re: Amatoxin]
    #5433986 - 03/23/06 11:09 AM (18 years, 13 hours ago)

Tell that fat bitch to call Jenny Craig.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #5434021 - 03/23/06 11:16 AM (18 years, 13 hours ago)

"I Think Your Friend Doesn't Look So Good After She Put On Weight."

or buy her a dress that's a little to small for her and say, "I bought this dress for a slim woman like you."

?When you can?t get your suitcase to close, ask her to sit on it. The pressure from her weight will close the suitcase, and the embarrassment will get her to the gym faster than she can scarf down a third slice of pizza."

?Watch Celebrity Fit Club with her and casually ask if she would ever consider it.?

Lie to her and say, "Have you lost weight cause you're lookin better everyday."

InvisibleAliceDee
-L S D-
Male
Re: How do I tell my girlfriend that she's getting fat? [Re: Cowgold]
    #5434041 - 03/23/06 11:22 AM (18 years, 13 hours ago)

^^^ those are good...

and if your ever behind her, squeeze her tummy and jiggle around her fat and act like your laughing with her, not at her!

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: How do I tell my girlfriend that she's getting fat? [Re: nakors_junk_bag]
    #5434084 - 03/23/06 11:31 AM (18 years, 13 hours ago)

Quote:

nakors_junk_bag said:
fuck that.

To the original poster,

if she is gaining weight and you are losing sexual interest in her then it has to be dealt with.  You can't change who you are and the way circumstance affects you.

You need to sit her down and explain to her your concerns in a very sensitive but honest fashion.

Convey to her why you are so interested in helping her gain some of her old beauty back, because you appreciate her and don't want to lose her to something as trivial as weight.  You also need to compliment her on thing s you deeply enjoy about her.

Its understandable that if she is gaining weight that it is affecting your desire for sex with her. it is unfair for women to think that just because they have caught a good that means they can allow themselves to become pigs. Its selfish and highly insensitive to the men.  We don't want to fuck no cows. relationships are a responsibility, both parties need to communicate and try to meet in the middle.  It is has long been understood that men are affected very intensely visually, this means it is the women's responsibility to consider this and act appropriately, just like there are certain measures men have take when dealing with their side of the arrangement. One being the communication aspect of the relationship.

Tell her, be polite, expressive and also very sensitive, you would be doing her a far greater disservice by letting her get fat then dumping her, now she is fat, lonely and her prospects not so good.  Her feelings will still be hurt, if you tell her and help her combat it her feeling s will be ruffled sure, ultimately her feelings will be better than they were before.  When she has regained her former grace and you sex is frenzied and passionate.  She will know you are capable of being honest and greatly admire you for it, finding a sense of comfort and trust that wasn't there previously.

IMHO

Best advice in all 5 pages.  :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: How do I tell my girlfriend that she's getting fat? [Re: Liz]
    #5434094 - 03/23/06 11:33 AM (18 years, 13 hours ago)

Quote:

Liz said:
I don't think love should be affected by someone's appearance changing from weight gain, regardless of whether you're been together 3 years or 30.  :shrug:

You know what?  This stuff about how weight doesn't matter is bullshit.  There's a difference between love and attractiveness.  If I'm with a girl I love and she puts on a bunch of weight, then of course I'll still love her, but that doesn't mean it won't bother me.  If this guy's girlfriend had a coke problem, everyone here would be encouraging him to get her some help, but if he speaks up about her eating problem, then suddenly he's shallow.

:nonono:

--------------------

Edited by Paradigm (03/23/06 11:48 AM)

Offlinekilroy69
POKER GOD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jackson,MI. And not in pr...
Re: How do I tell my girlfriend that she's getting fat? [Re: Liz]
    #5434167 - 03/23/06 11:57 AM (18 years, 13 hours ago)

Good try but not realistic. If she is getting fat and he is loosing interest in her ,no matter what her personality is like he is always going to be thinking "what a chunk" and looking for anonother girl. My advice is to get her to work out with you. If she won't or does not take the hint you may have to tell her to loose that chunk or split.

Quote:

Liz said:
Well sure, there's a few things you could do - You could start with looking beyond her physical appearance and putting more importance in the last few years you've spent together. I doubt that you have stayed with her for her physical beauty alone, personality is usually what makes someone love another person.

--------------------
Yeaaa im still alive.

Edited by kilroy69 (03/23/06 11:58 AM)

OfflineinoculatedGreif
greif struken
Male User Gallery

Re: How do I tell my girlfriend that she's getting fat? [Re: Silversoul]
    #5434171 - 03/23/06 11:58 AM (18 years, 13 hours ago)

tell her if she cant drop the pounds then shell end up in mounds.(and by mounds I mean rolls, shell be a fat bitch).

--------------------
one branch of man turns away what has made us who we are, the other,excepts it for how its made man. which path do you choose?
-------------------------------------
Man takes advantage of who he is,nature is his home, where he evolved from. So why does he turn it down, defy, and mutalate his birth ground? why does he spread disease, murder his native animals,rape and torture his land, and still feel descent of who he is? live a life that is not true? excepts an artificial home?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]