Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
[outdated topic] * 1
    #5429650 - 03/22/06 11:55 AM (18 years, 11 days ago)

Welcome to this very special corner of the Shroomery, for all the F.A.G.S. in the house who like to play with fire.  We are the Federation of Advanced Gourmet Shroomerites-- though in reality, we're likely far more advanced in creating humorous acronyms than we are at being actual gourmets!  In essence, this sub-forum of our Culinary Arts experience is for those who want to get more involved with cooking, make a conscious effort to try out new recipes, and even share some of their very own for others to enjoy (or bitch about, depending :tongue2:). 

This is a peer review culinary project, with loose guidelines, and for which anyone with the inclination can bestow upon themselves the honorary F.A.G.S. title.  To create threads in this forum, you must have expressed your interest in participating here - and furthermore, you actually gotta participate sometime! :whip:

Procedure:
  • Roughly each week, a selected member will showcase one of their favorite dishes or meals, to be posted in a new thread here - shootin' for Sundays.

• These recipes should be relatively easy to make with common kitchen essentials (pots/pans, knives, oven, etc), and should feature easy to source ingredients, or suggestions for appropriate substitutions in the event a given ingredient may be strictly regional.

• Throughout the week, participating F.A.G.S. will re-create that week's dish on their own time, posting within the original thread their experience with the process, indicating the relative difficulty, impression of flavor, and overall comments or suggestions as to their satisfaction with the dish and any improvements that might be made.

• Photos are strongly encouraged, and should be mandatory for the chef presenting his or her own original recipe, so that participating F.A.G.S. will have a clearer picture of the preparation, cooking, and presentation process.

• Obviously not everyone will have the same ingredients, time or money, and therefore some deviation from the original recipe is expected - however our goal here is to provide informed feedback on specific recipes, so let's try to stick to the original works as best we can, noting clearly in our review any changes we may have implemented.

Thus far, proud FAGS include:

Keep cookin'! :drooling:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Edited by geokills (01/18/09 09:41 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Loc: If I was up yer ass you'd...
Re: Would you like to join F.A.G.S.? Want to know what F.A.G.S. is about? Click here! [Re: geokills] * 1
    #5429712 - 03/22/06 12:11 PM (18 years, 11 days ago)

My meal will have to be posted on Monday morning.

I don't go online during the weekends.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Would you like to join F.A.G.S.? Want to know what F.A.G.S. is about? Click here! [Re: sucklesworth] * 1
    #5429715 - 03/22/06 12:14 PM (18 years, 11 days ago)

Shouldn't be a problem - so long as we can stick loosly to the schedules, and each thread is labelled with the correct week's date for the rest of the FAGS to know when to start re-creating and reviewing the dish; we're all good :thumbup:

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

Re: Would you like to join F.A.G.S.? Want to know what F.A.G.S. is about? Click here! [Re: geokills] * 1
    #5429745 - 03/22/06 12:23 PM (18 years, 11 days ago)

Good stuff man. I'll add this thread to my sig.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

OfflineToqomS
Shroomery Ding Dong

Loc: WA,USA
Re: Would you like to join F.A.G.S.? Want to know what F.A.G.S. is about? Click here! [Re: daimyo] * 1
    #5430332 - 03/22/06 02:54 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

I'll join the FAGS ranks =) Cooking is some fun and the ladies like it too!

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
    #5432364 - 03/22/06 11:00 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

uhm.

nice acronym dude.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Would you like to join F.A.G.S.? Want to know what F.A.G.S. is about? Click here! [Re: LiquidSmoke] * 1
    #5432368 - 03/22/06 11:02 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

btw i'll join

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Re: Would you like to join F.A.G.S.? Want to know what F.A.G.S. is about? Click here! [Re: LiquidSmoke] * 1
    #5433291 - 03/23/06 08:30 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

This works out great for you since you are already a G.A.Y. - Gook Asian Yodeler.

Now you are a G.A.Y. F.A.G.S.!

--------------------

Offlinenakors_junk_bag
Lobster Bisque
Male User Gallery

Loc: ethereality
Re: Would you like to join F.A.G.S.? Want to know what F.A.G.S. is about? Click here! [Re: sucklesworth] * 1
    #5433397 - 03/23/06 09:06 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

maybe we should consider doing two meals a week, so the time between your cooking weeks does't take eons?

:shrug:

--------------------
Asshole

Invisiblesucklesworth
Lick me where Ipee
Re: Would you like to join F.A.G.S.? Want to know what F.A.G.S. is about? Click here! [Re: nakors_junk_bag] * 1
    #5434365 - 03/23/06 12:54 PM (18 years, 10 days ago)

well not one person has made the chicken pot pie and given their take on it, so I think a week is plenty.

maybe we should all just post a recipe and then the participants can choose when they want to make a dish?

you know like 8 people post recipies and then you try and make at least one dish a week for two months - that sorta deal

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

#5435355 - 03/23/06 05:52 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

I don't care when people decide to post their recipies.. however I still think they should note their "official week" in the thread title, so that most of the reviewing process can be organized in such a fashion.  'Cause without some sort of formal organization, we may as well not even bother to make a sub-forum out of this whole deal.  That said, this is still a BETA project, so it may not last if it turns out people aren't running with it. 

Lastly, you fluffy bitches need to put some pic's in your threads (shifts eyes towards you_suck & daimyo).  Hell use a cell phone, web cam, or even MS PAINT if you have to - just get something up there - having pictures will help encourage (at least me) to get more excited about making these dishes. :tongue:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#5435600 - 03/23/06 07:08 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

add me

i'm coming home friday

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

#5435773 - 03/23/06 07:55 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

Pshaaa.. you're not allowed to play.  You and your flagrant solicitation fo the QUALITY INN :rockets:
..at the detriment of life-long friends just wantin' to catch the finale show for one of rock's greatest touring bands :rockets:

Ok, ok, I suppose I'll let it slide since you have such a prime avatar in action (even though it should be uploaded on the local server) :tongue:

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

#5440180 - 03/25/06 01:30 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

would it be possible to move my recipe up a few weeks to, say as soon as possible? I will post pics and all that good stuff.

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: Would you like to join F.A.G.S.? Want to know what F.A.G.S. is about? Click here! [Re: daimyo] * 1
    #5440181 - 03/25/06 01:30 AM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

daimyo said:

Good call. I think all us FAGS should put a link in our sig. Or at least some sort of reference

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

InvisibleScott Bennett
Lucrative
 User Gallery

Loc: Toronto
Re: Would you like to join F.A.G.S.? Want to know what F.A.G.S. is about? Click here! [Re: Yarry] * 1
    #5441167 - 03/25/06 02:00 PM (18 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Yarry said:
Quote:

daimyo said:

Good call. I think all us FAGS should put a link in our sig. Or at least some sort of reference

Done

--------------------
It's just some nights, you really want to go out, get some hot bitch to dump Goose down your throat and snort coke off a stripper's tits.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: Would you like to join F.A.G.S.? Want to know what F.A.G.S. is about? Click here! [Re: Yarry] * 1
    #5443702 - 03/26/06 10:28 AM (18 years, 7 days ago)

> would it be possible to move my recipe up a few weeks to, say as soon as possible?

As it was discussed above, just go ahead and post your recipe whenever you want, so long as the title will still reflect your assigned week.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlinebobjones
Male

Loc: Tx
    #5446807 - 03/27/06 10:02 AM (18 years, 6 days ago)

i dont think i'll be able to do this until summer starts...when i wont have school and i'll be living by myself.

--------------------
"Outside of a dog a book is a man's friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

#5447452 - 03/27/06 01:09 PM (18 years, 6 days ago)

I think my pretzels should be included... :borfase:

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #5449663 - 03/27/06 11:57 PM (18 years, 5 days ago)

It's been way too long since I've participated in the CA forum. Now that the F.A.G.S. sub-forum has been added, it's going to be
far more organized and lots more fun. I want in. I have so much great stuff to share and some really easy but amazingly delicious
recipes for fast and easy main courses and simple to make snacks and appetizers, along with my more difficult and intricate
recipes. All of my recipes will include many detailed pic's like I did in my  [url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php? Cat=0&Board=Gourmet&Number=2184394]sweet & sour soup pictorial recipe[/url] (which, as far as I know, nobody else ever made) :frown: .

Anyway, I'll take the next available date (week of July 2nd) if that's acceptable, though I'll likely post it far earlier.

I already know what my first two recipes will be and I may combine them into one post since they are an appetizer and a main dish.

This is going to be GREAT, although, I'll admit right up front that I won't have the time or inclination to recreate everyones'
dishes, however I will certainly participate in as many as I can that interest me.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder