Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedemon2091tb
Stranger

MJ potentiators, or MAOI's to increase effects?
    #5429441 - 03/22/06 10:54 AM (18 years, 1 day ago)

I know this is a far cry, but i was just thinking about it, after reading a MAOI thread with psychadellics, and i wondered really if there was any type of chemicals that could potentiate MJ, and get that much more out of it.

Now i know MJ is nothing serious, compaired to shrooms, or LSD, DMT, etc. but does a thing really exist out there, that will do this for MJ, to actually give intensive time dialation, CEV, OEV's and overall longer, more intense experience?

Just wondered really.

BTW the last few times i have smoked pot, i was completely floored, as i had no previous tolerance to it. But still wondered if there was even something out there that would do this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleasd11
final sky

Re: MJ potentiators, or MAOI's to increase effects? [Re: demon2091tb]
    #5429551 - 03/22/06 11:29 AM (18 years, 1 day ago)

Meditation, music, different activities, different settings and different smoking methods all potentiate cannabis.:)

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #5429558 - 03/22/06 11:31 AM (18 years, 1 day ago)

Orally consuming mj gives what some might call borderline psychadelic effects. And yes- consuming MAOIs with cannabis will profoundly (depending on dose) effect the quality of the high. I'm fairly sure it was on Erowid I saw a trip report involving harmaline and mj.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: MJ potentiators, or MAOI's to increase effects? [Re: superblingtheory]
    #5429657 - 03/22/06 11:57 AM (18 years, 1 day ago)

I don't see how it would, you see an amine on THC?

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineUncleTank
Hitting Headies

Re: MJ potentiators, or MAOI's to increase effects? [Re: superblingtheory]
    #5429716 - 03/22/06 12:14 PM (18 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

superblingtheory said:
Orally consuming mj gives what some might call borderline psychadelic effects.

I'm not sure if there is an MAOI type substance that could be used with MJ, but I will reiterate the fact that consuming properly prepared MJ will give a visually profound experience. The last time I ate MJ I had some very strong cannabutter mixed in an herbal tea that gave off a light mushy dosage worth of visuals.

--------------------
"Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded." -- Abraham Lincoln, 1840.

Offlinedemon2091tb
Stranger

#5430087 - 03/22/06 01:52 PM (18 years, 1 day ago)

Thanks all for the reply, i've tried the eating method, this was along time ago, and yea i was really stoned, but i had also smoked quite a bit at the time as well, so not sure how strong the brownies were.

As far as set, setting, music, and different activities, those are really a given as far as i'm concerned. Sure some Floyd, or walking around a mall highly stoned is gonna be rather trippy in itself, but i'm talking along the lines of chemical potentiators, like the MAOI's or something similar.

What i am looking for though is info just like those than shneck referred to. Not at all a fan of a cross buzz, like that of Alchohol, and MJ, but i've had my fair share of cross buzz experiences w/ the two, and the last time i really did it, it wasn't much of a psychological or psychadellic type effect, but just more of a lucid, and rather decent high.

I would like to keep it to the psychadellic effects though, i'm very fond of the Sativa's.

Can someone explain more about the Kanna and Wild Dagga, as well as methods of administration, and possible effects?

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
    #5430218 - 03/22/06 02:24 PM (18 years, 1 day ago)

I've found that booze+weed makes the weed hit me harder. I have a pretty high tolerance to weed right now, and find that if I've had a few drinks in me, it hits me how it used to long ago.

MAOI wont make THC any 'stronger'. However, some MAOIs are psychedelics in their own right, and they could end up having a synergistic effect - which is different then potentiating it.

Eating weed is a good route to go. Sure, you may need to eat 3G worth to get really strong effects, and may seem like a lot to use up at once. But, eating that 3G will get you higher and last longer, than if you had smoked that 3G over the course of a night.

Invisibleasd11
final sky

Re: MJ potentiators, or MAOI's to increase effects? [Re: kaniz]
    #5430232 - 03/22/06 02:29 PM (18 years, 1 day ago)

If CB1 receptors have some effect on dopamine, noradrenaline or serotonin release as a consequence of their stimulation by an agonist, then MAOI's might have some additive effect, by prolonging the life of the neurotransmitter in the synaptic cleft.

Offlinedemon2091tb
Stranger

Re: MJ potentiators, or MAOI's to increase effects? [Re: asd11]
    #5430317 - 03/22/06 02:49 PM (18 years, 1 day ago)

I do love eating the weed, prepared right, but i've only done it a handfull of times.

As far as The Kanna, have you tried it on its own to see if there is any specific high from it as well, or any effects, or does it need to be used in conjunction with the MJ?

Sounds like a swell plan, i will eventually try it, i'm coming clean for awhile, just to soothe myself and make the times that i do smoke that much more meaningfull to myself, and that much more powerfull.

But the question still stands.......whats out there that can do what the initial Q asked for. Besides the ones given already, or even more of an elaboration would be nice as well.

It does sound funny, but i've tried catnip, and it had a mild sedative effect, it really just mellowed me out for about 10-15 mins at most. (I had a rather large amount of catnip that i got specifically for my cat), so i rolled a little into a joint, and proceeded, smoke was slightly harsh and had a slight edge or heat to it on the back of my throat. Not bad though but i wouldn't do it that much really, not worth it.

OfflineDrGeek
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5430333 - 03/22/06 02:54 PM (18 years, 1 day ago)

I've used this: http://www.iamshaman.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductUID=1152&ProductCode=SDB-HOZ

with weed and the high was really good. It's got catnip and wild dagga in it, among lots of other things, including wormwood.

Offlineoblivia
Stranger
Re: MJ potentiators, or MAOI's to increase effects? [Re: DrGeek]
    #5430372 - 03/22/06 03:02 PM (18 years, 1 day ago)

you wanna improve your high? get really drunk first, and then smoke some mj.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

#5436003 - 03/23/06 09:18 PM (18 years, 5 hours ago)

The best marijuana potentiator for me was taking a break.

Holy shit man, CEVS, mild OEVS, psychedelic, heady high! Oh man. It was almost too much :wink:

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
    #5436885 - 03/24/06 01:02 AM (18 years, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

shneck said:
THC is not destroyed by MAO, hence MAOI DO NOT potentiate mj.
Harmaline has its own psychedelic potential, so such a report might just describe action of two psychedelic substances taken together.
THC may be potentiated by protease inhibitors:
http://www.thebody.com/asp/apr03/risky_cocktails.html

Thanks for the link, nigga!  :thumbup: :crazy2:

--------------------

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
    #5436892 - 03/24/06 01:03 AM (18 years, 1 hour ago)

Quote:

asd11 said:
If CB1 receptors have some effect on dopamine, noradrenaline or serotonin release as a consequence of their stimulation by an agonist, then MAOI's might have some additive effect, by prolonging the life of the neurotransmitter in the synaptic cleft.

Yeah... No.

--------------------

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: MJ potentiators, or MAOI's to increase effects? [Re: Herbus]
    #5437620 - 03/24/06 09:07 AM (17 years, 11 months ago)

Try mixing MJ with Datura. Datura relaxes the body and clears the mind. It mellows the high from the Cannabis.
Look it up at www.erowid.org .

Be careful, though, Datura is very dangerous in large quantities. Smoke no more than 2 grams (estimate) per day. The ratio of smoked Cannabis to Datura should be ~5:1.

Offlinedemon2091tb
Stranger

Re: MJ potentiators, or MAOI's to increase effects? [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #5438240 - 03/24/06 12:54 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

I'm not really a fan at all of alchohol + THC, just dosent hit me right, not that fun, unless there perfectly done.

As far as datura goes, it sounds very intresting, but extreemly too dangerous. But you say no more than 2g a day......for what type body weight would this be though?

I have been using it in a way that i'd only smoke on weekends and usualy skip a week or 2 here and there, and then it ends up being that trippy high, but would like to occasionally use something else with it, just to make it better imo.

Offlineswampthing
audioboy

Loc: SE Michigan
    #5438348 - 03/24/06 01:23 PM (17 years, 11 months ago)

marijuana is always a trip ever since mushrooms

but life to me is a sorta a play in my eyes, loads of fun and mental photographs to take... derr.beer

--------------------
-------------------
peace with everystep

OfflineAdolin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
    #15193189 - 10/07/11 07:31 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

IMO the best and most consistent potentiator of weed is Alcohol.

The two go hand in hand perfectly, the drugs are different enough to bring distinct pleasures to the table but are close enough to get along.

Alcohol has a LOT more negative effects than weed though, IMO weed is harmless to do every day, but drinking(GETTING DRUNK) every day is pretty bad IMO. One or two drinks a day is okay i guess, I still think its too much but people have been doing it for years and years and are perfectly fine :shrug: As long as it doesn't turn into addiction i think its fine.

Edit: And i know that its just a drug mix and not technically potentiation, but i still think adding a small amount of alcohol to marijuana makes it exponentially more enjoyable.

Offlinemetall
storm tripper

Loc: van bc
Re: MJ potentiators, or MAOI's to increase effects? [Re: Adolin]
    #15193264 - 10/07/11 07:56 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

i heard smoking weed with syrian rue powder is excelent somethign about smoked maois react differently and synergize well with mj wish i could find the stuff i was readingi found it whilst investigate ways of making ayhuascha

--------------------
FUCK OFF FEDS PEOPLE NEED THEIR MEDS

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag