Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedegeneratemo
Stranger
Shaking and flipping out and stuff like that
    #542623 - 02/06/02 02:32 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, I have another question for you people:
Often when I'm on shrooms I start shaking (sometimes cause I'm nervous or sometimes when I'm cold), so I try everything to warm up and stop shaking, but then since I'm trying not to, I shake more, and sometimes it sends me into a bad trip... it really sucks cause it makes me nervous to do shrooms, and I really don't wanna be, so if anyone has any suggestions, please do share. Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: Shaking and flipping out and stuff like that [Re: degeneratemo]
    #542634 - 02/06/02 02:43 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

often I get really cold (on E as well) and shake, but I've noticed on shrooms if the trip isn't goin all that well my hand tends to shake like it's a vibrator or something, it's unbelievable how harsh it shakes ... this goes away by the time the trip starts turnin good ... if it does ...

Offlineoptikal_trip
enthusiast

Loc: Toronto
    #542707 - 02/06/02 04:03 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

That happens to me all the time.. while Im coming up I feel really uneasy, start feeling cold, kinda nervous shaky.. but I read or heard somewhere that this is supposed to happen (it may have been bullshit) So because I think this is supposed to happen it doesnt bother me... while I'm peaking it goes away and its smooth sailing from there.. I would just try and not worry about it.

--------------------
They chopped her goddam head off right there in the parking lot. Then they cut all kinds of holes in her head and sucked the blood out. I think they were after the pineal gland.

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

Re: Shaking and flipping out and stuff like that *DELETED* [Re: optikal_trip]
    #542764 - 02/06/02 05:05 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Roger_irrelevant

Reason for deletion: archive

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #542788 - 02/06/02 05:30 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Getting cold and shakey as the trip is coming up always happens to my friend on both shrooms and mdma (x). My friend is able to use the amount of shaking and quickness of onset as an indicator for how strong the trip is going to be and how quick it is going to hit. Turn the tables on your karma. Instead of getting nervous, use the knowledge to calm yourself... everything is on the proper path and working as advertised. My friend keeps a blanket nearby to help get through the cold. Once the trip gets going the shakes and the coldness seem to go away.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinedipandab
Loc: New York
    #542809 - 02/06/02 05:49 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

it seems to me that anxiety is, sometimes, just strangled exuberance. let your feelings run their course and explore all aspects of your emotions.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#542837 - 02/06/02 06:26 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

If you shake because you're freezing (or feel like it) a blanket helps alot. If the temperature around you is fine & you wrap that blankie around you be prepared for a stronger trip because of higher bodytemperature.

If you're getting hot, really hot, let the Sitter (who anyone who values safety & comfort/guidance in times of need always has around when they Trip.) check your temp. Since slight fever is to be expected & perfectly harmless he can check by touch for really high fever.An earthermometer can be handy and quikly reassuring, aside from more appropriate than a glass tube up your butt. The thing to watch for here is the (rare) HYPERTHERMIA, which kill. (on the higher end of low risk: MDMA, MDEA etc.) That calls for icecold wet blankets & your Sitter knowing what to do.

But back to the shaking... Nervousness and Anxiety are the #1 culprits. People often forget that a (strong) Psychedelic experience is a stressfull impulse, more so than a marriage or the subsequent divorce. It even has such impact that early researchers mistakingly identified it as psychosis, the strongest of all stresses.
Almost all of the aches & pains people complain about after munching shrooms are psychosomatic in origin (exept some stomach discomfort) and most are caused by you adjusting to a radically different world, both inside as out. This shaking can diminish any time, for some it gets worse and most veterans seem to keep some degree of anxiety. Hey: we're only human!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflineWarped_Ventricle
journeyman
Re: Shaking and flipping out and stuff like that [Re: HB]
    #542842 - 02/06/02 06:34 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

One time I took off my clothes on mushrooms, and started twitching and shaking around :smile:

It is more on high doses, but nothing to worry about.  I mean that is probably what causes it, or makes it worse, is worrying about it.  Next time, merge with all your bodily symptoms.   

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
    #543369 - 02/07/02 06:20 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I find that there are two types of shaking one is because of temperature (shivering), and another one that I get ones in a wile is energetic, is like the energy wants to flow but is blocked in some parts of my body, after this vigorous shaking is done I feel very good. Actualy it feels good when I am shaking also.

--------------------

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #543452 - 02/07/02 08:17 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I hope we get some real knowledge on this post... I've experienced the same thing. I don't know, but I am wondering if it has to do with serotonin levels. I recently did shrooms and kept "getting a bite" like with ecstacy. The jawl clenching lasted for days, as did depression, and anxiety. I tripped totally out and wondered if I had a seizure or like a "melt". I was shaking like crazy but was so hot I crawled to the shower...

Offlinejustthiz
prozac über alles
Re: Shaking and flipping out and stuff like that [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #543652 - 02/07/02 11:52 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

It's normal, when i take mushrooms i'm always nervous also after drinking the tea i get the shakes and i get really tense it's pretty uncomfortable, i also at times have chattery teeth ... when the real tripping sets in it gets more comfortable and relax !

My friends have this too.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #543721 - 02/07/02 12:59 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I ALWAYS shake, like shivering, when I'm coming up on shrooms (usually for the first 30 minutes after I drop). I feel extremely cold so I shiver, but I am usually not anything close to cold if I get someone to touch me.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinedegeneratemo
Stranger
Re: Shaking and flipping out and stuff like that [Re: trendal]
    #543892 - 02/07/02 03:37 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks alot for everyones comments and such, it's really a relief to hear that it's normal, cause my friends never seemed to have this problem, so I figured there was something wrong, which really didn't help.

InvisibleHermes_br
~~~
 User Gallery

#543955 - 02/07/02 04:37 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I think it's better to take the dose in a spaced time between 20 to 40 minutes, depending on the the dose.
Slow onset is better IMO.

OfflineGRiMBLe_GRuMBLe
journeyman
Loc: Alabama, Land of Cubensis
    #544468 - 02/08/02 01:43 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Usually after ingestion, I find it best to maybe take a few bong hits, if thats your thing. This sets a relaxing tone. Then, I got into a meditation session for about 20 minutes, which helps clear your mind and is very relaxing. By the time you reach the level of relaxation, the shrooms will most likely be kickin in. This is also another good excuse to pack up the bong again. =]

--------------------
Free Yourself From Yourself

OfflineSquirtle
journeyman
Loc: Boston
    #544823 - 02/08/02 12:21 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

yeah i agree with grimble...... pack up the binger get nice and high, and you should have a pretty good transition from the weed to the boomers. shaking is fairly common though. the first time i did shrooms my friend who i was with (also his first time) had a bad trip (he just doesnt do well with hallucinagens). we were driving through cape cod on a ninety degree day and he was in a hoodie with a blanket wrapped around him. the worst that happens to me is jaw clenching, but i have that problem fairly often caused by stress or drugs or whatever....

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
Re: Shaking and flipping out and stuff like that [Re: Squirtle]
    #545645 - 02/09/02 08:56 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Ever had the "shakes" and jaw clenching last for a week?

At the time I am posting---I have been shakeing twitching and had jaw clenching for an entire week. I'm also getting mini-flashbacks of the trip and for a couple of seconds will see objects start to morph or run... freaky electric colors... or flat objects will suddenly jump up at me in 3-D...

...yes, it was SOME TRIP... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kind of feel like the charaters in the movies "Flatliners"---where they died and then are brought back to life---but they bring back something with them..

OfflineDemosthenes
Stranger

Loc: Canada
Re: Shaking and flipping out and stuff like that [Re: LOBO]
    #547401 - 02/11/02 01:49 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I find that when I am on any type of hallucinogen I tend to vibrate my extremities, hands, feet, toes and fingers. It was uncontrolled at first, and a stronger dose would provide more forceful movements.
I have since channeled this natural enthusiam into music, tapping along, playing keyboards or doing hand percussion.
It feels right and relieves me of the fidgets..

--------------------
Madness and Genius are seperated only by degrees of Success.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies