Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAtheist
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Thinking About Death
    #5393471 - 03/12/06 09:21 PM (18 years, 11 days ago)

First let me say that I am not depressed or have any social/mental disorder at all.

As of the past year, I've been thinking of death almost everyday. Not thinking about suicide or that I want to die, just what death is like. I'm a very upbeat person and a huge pothead but lately when I get high, I get into a daydream/trance about what it is like to die.

I don't dwell on the thoughts of death, its more of an analysis of what death feels like physically and mentally. When I am sober I am less afraid of death because I know that it happens and that people have been dying ever since we were put here. However, baked or drunk once I am alone, I will occasionally drift into the death thoughts of hitting the age of 75 and lying in my bed every morning waiting for the day.

I could type for hours on the thoughts I've came up with on how death feels. For example, I imagine lying there knowing that it is my last minute alive. As the heart begins to heart I finally feel it stop and all the blood in my brain stops as well. I imagine my heart hurting and my brain hurting bad and then darkness.

I'm not gothic at all or punk I'm normal and I'm sure a lot of people have/do think like this occasionally. And I'm sure its normal as well because everyone fears death. Some days I get pissed off because once your life is created and you are alive and have thought, you are on the rollercoaster all the way till death. There is no way out.

Anyways, just wondering what peoples opinions are as I haven't really talked about this with anybody every. Thanks guys

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBioBunny
Stranger
Female User Gallery
Re: Thinking About Death [Re: Atheist]
    #5394358 - 03/13/06 05:11 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Death is a difficult thing to accept, and sometimes it's hard not to be completely absorbed with thinking about it.

I find it helps to try and focus on making contributions to life, society, and environment while one has the chance; otherwise, what is the point of living at all?

I personally can't accept the meaning of existence simply being to satisfy immediate sensory pleasure while waiting for death. :heart:

Offlinedaimyo
Monticello

#5394644 - 03/13/06 09:47 AM (18 years, 10 days ago)

Never thought about it quite like that. I don't expect to end up in a situation where I will be old and dying in bed. I used to visit old folks homes, and they are the saddest places on Earth. Everyone is waiting to die, hoping that in the meantime ANYONE will come and say hello. That's not for me.

I always think about death in a violent manner, usually being shot or blown up. I don't care about dying though, I don't fear it at all. In fact, I look forward to it.

P.S. - the eBay auction in your sig is up.

--------------------
"I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
Re: Thinking About Death [Re: daimyo]
    #5401570 - 03/14/06 11:16 PM (18 years, 9 days ago)

I think it's normal to think about death. I've thought about different ways it could happen. When someone I know dies I can't help but think what their last moments were like.

My great uncle died of a heart attack, now that must have been some scary shit for him. What does a person think when that's happening.

I had a friend die in a car accident. She got thrown through the front window. It could have been quick, or she could have laid there for awhile before she died.

Death isn't something to look forward to, nor is it something to fear. Just live life and be happy.

--------------------

OfflineOpioid
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: Thinking About Death [Re: pshawny]
    #5420994 - 03/20/06 12:32 AM (18 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

pshawny said:
Just live life and be happy.

--------------------

Edited by Opioid (04/23/06 10:36 PM)

OfflineHarmonic_Order
Nshudimasupatogata
Male User Gallery

Loc: Out on the Street
    #5421963 - 03/20/06 10:44 AM (18 years, 3 days ago)

Well, the Grand Finale deserves some thought.

Next to birth and marriage, it has always ranked as one of the Big Three events in most people's lives.

I used to want to work in a cemetery. Where I used to live, we had a really nice Victorian cemetery and we used to go there and walk around. Kids always got in and broke the stones, and sometimes people left garbage on the ground. I wanted to work there so i could take care of the monuments and keep it clean; nobody seemed to revere the place like I did, and i didn't even have relatives buried there. My friends, I think, found it depressing, but not me. It didn't make me want to die, walking there; it re-affirmed my life.

IMO, the majority avoid thinking about a natural and inevitable event, and for what? Better to face the fear, ponder it, and come to grips widdit. If the concept doesn't bother you, you might could work in a nursing home, morgue, or funeral home. Or a forensics lab. I don't know what profession you may have, but possibilities exist for you to exploit your interest in death.

The dying need comfort and care, and the dead need washing. The dead need justice, too, and somebody has to view crime scenes, perform autopsies, and so on. So you can think about death without getting weird about it? Go on, make some money off of it. Others fear death, fear the dying. If you don't, you could do some good.

On a personal note, my presence at my Father's deathbed gave me insight into the moment, and a brief glimpse of the other side. So you never know, you really might learn something unique...

--------------------
.oOo. Are you high? .oOo.
.oOo. You look like you're on some kind of drug .oOo.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5424666 - 03/21/06 10:44 AM (18 years, 2 days ago)

Birth a skin cell, by dividing a skin cell, and/or made of a stem cell..

..all cells die! ..it IS Death..

all cells, can be re-born, of stem cells.

[yes, even braincells!]

as long as there are, the intent!

forever IS now!

Life = dea-th/bir-th ..

a cycle, in/of the now!

..be the momentum, you are!

"being deceased, is/of a dis?ease.."
-Unknown :crazy2:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (03/21/06 10:52 AM)