Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: Making your Mother Cry... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #5414572 - 03/17/06 09:14 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

Making your mom cry sucks, but making your dad cry suck so much more. :frown:
Just the once, when I told him I wasn't going to college. Man, I really let him down. I was gonna be the first member of his family to go to college. But he got over it and accepts me for what I am and am doing.

On the other hand, what about when your mom or dad makes you cry...

--------------------
"This whole idea that different is bad, that a change in consciousness is in itself harmful, is really one of the fundamental problems inherent in the drug war.” - Rick Doblin
my cactus collection
You vote with your dollars. Everyday. Vote responsibly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
    #5414589 - 03/17/06 09:26 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

As much as making your mom cry sucks, she's crying because she cares and only wants what is best for you.  You should feel blessed to have a mother than is that emotionally involved in your life, and I'm sure you do.  She's obviously disappointed right now, and you hit the nail on the head when you said that all she was thinking about was what she could have done to prevent any of this from happening.  You did the right thing by going and talking to her face to face, apologizing, and taking responsiblity.  You owned up to what was going on, and I'm sure she appreciates you being straight forward.  I think you had mentioned in a different post that up until recently your grades were good, and you don't really know what went wrong - so she's probably a bit shocked as well that this came out of nowhere. 

Think about your mother, and use that positively.  Let it give you some motivation to pick yourself up, get back on your feet, and get your shit together with school when you go back.  I'm sure that if that happens, all will be forgiven and she'll be very proud of you.  You should probably call her fairly often over the next few days, I'm sure she's worried about you.  Tell her you love her, and that you're lucky to have her in your life  :heart: :hug:

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

Offlineblackroselove
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery
Loc: WYO Flag
    #5414601 - 03/17/06 09:35 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

I haven't said a word to my mom for 3 years. She's never really takin care of me, always dumped my on my grandmother, then she wants to move in and not work. I was fine with that for a bit, after all, she is my mom, no matter if she took  she took the best of care of me or not, she gave me life. But when she made my life a living hell, I was done.
But I tell you what hurts the most, seeing my grandmother cry. She hardly ever crys. She's an hard Irish woman, But when she does, there's nothing worse.But bless her heart, she comes to accept me every time. And even ask questions instead of assuming the worst.
The time I told her I was bi, she cried, went in her bedroom for what seemed like forever, came back out,sat down. looked at me, smiled and said." At least I know you'll never be lonely." Or the time she found out I do weed, and it's hard to answer questions like that from your 85 year old grandmother.

BlackieRL:flaming:

--------------------
BlackieRL:flaming:
BRL:flaming:

OfflineDrain_Bamage
Bwah?
Male User Gallery

Loc: NE
    #5414640 - 03/17/06 10:10 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

I can't even remember all the times I've made my mother cry. She was the over-protective sort, I think you know what I mean. She wanted to protect me from everything bad that could happen to me, but in the process prevented me from experiencing life. So I pushed the other way and fucked up a lot. What really sucks is that it has such an impact on you the first few times, and then you go sort of numb to it. We went through a long time where we barely even talked though we're starting to patch things back together.

--------------------
we're young and fast. lighting up the sky.

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
Re: Making your Mother Cry... [Re: Drain_Bamage] * 1
    #5414666 - 03/17/06 10:24 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

I can handle my mother crying, although I do feel bad. I can handle my dad yelling, although I yell beck. But *REALLY* gets to me when the honestly say "I'm disappointed in you" a fucking wave of regret always washes over me...

--------------------
yawn...
SG

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom