Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineeuginer
Stranger
where can i find a millet tek?
    #540782 - 02/04/02 11:05 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone know of a good millet tek? Anyone have any good experiences or additional info on this method?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
Re: where can i find a millet tek? [Re: euginer]
    #540793 - 02/04/02 11:15 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

look around for anything with bird seed, as the primary constituent of most birdseed is millet.

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: where can i find a millet tek? [Re: DinoMyc]
    #540802 - 02/04/02 11:27 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

This is a very easy and simple recipie for bird seed ( millet, ie finch seed)
Take a large sauce pan and fill with 2 cups of washed finch seed. ( washing with water helps remove the bird coat additive)
Next place the seed in the sauce pan and put three cups of water or enough to submerge the seed. Now bring the seed to a simmer and stir for 10 minutes, never let it boil. You will need to add water as the seed will double in size drawing up water.
Then when the seed have doubled, reduce heat to low and put a lid on until the rest of the water is absorbed.
Now in a large mixing bowl, mix the 2 cups of seed with 1 cup  of vermiculite. You may need to add a little more depending on the volume of seed. You want the consistantcy to be that of being able to squeeze it together and yet it still will shake apart and be airy. Now place in pint jars filling them up by hand not with a spoon( will compact the seed) to a little over half way. Then pressure cook as normal. :smile:bluhoney 

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

Anonymous

Re: where can i find a millet tek? [Re: euginer]
    #540849 - 02/05/02 12:13 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well heres my favorite millit tek, though its a little different then what you may be searching for.. but I recommend you try it, it is definately elite though some may argue. Here is the short version. I use regular 'PFtek' style jars and preperation method, replace 'brown rice flour' (spendy) with 'generic birdseed/millit' (cheap), ground to powder in a coffee grinder; (add whatever else you want to the mix too). After 100% colonization remove cake from the jar, and put in a food chopper/processor (See 'Old Timer Straw Tek' for more detail), chop it to cornmeal consistancy and use it for 'faster' spawn. ... . Thats pretty much it.

I mean, thats the point of using whole grains, so they can break up easy and create many innoculation points within the host for fast colonization.. , no you say? Oh yeah, I almost forgot about the 'shakeability' of the quart jars/grains to speed up in-vitro colonization times... well when your 1/2 pints get to about 70% colonized, yes, remove the cake... put it in the chopper, chop, and pour it back into the 1/2 pint jar... close it and wait 2 or 3 days, it should be finished, ready for the big time ;-)

Pavdog

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: where can i find a millet tek? [Re: Anonymous]
    #541164 - 02/05/02 09:25 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

interesting pav dog.

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds