Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Strong Trip - anyone have anything like this?
    #2921280 - 07/23/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

edit: This was one of my first posts on the shroomery two years ago, dug it up from my post history and just bought back alot of memories, so figured I'd bump it up to share with some other new commers and new trippers to these forums :smile:
---
Hey guys, pretty new tripper here, however ... last weekend I had a very very strong trip, and while I am sure I am doing an inadeuqate job describing it - I've tried to talk to a few friends about it to see what they thought, and even my more expierneced friends say they've never had a trip like this before..so : my attempt at explaining the trip a bit.
----
I had done shrooms 3 times before, and thought I had a handle on the drug. With my first trip being pretty intense, and my 2nd two being
quite mild. I thought I knew what to expect - but, I was wrong.

I was at a party, standing over by the balcony about to take some shrooms. I had the first bit in my mouth chewing and chewing, with some
more in my hand ready to go. Then, out of compulsion, I couldnt stop myself, I rammed about another 2 or 3G into my mouth (after having 1G),
and was /insanttly/ feeling the affects of the mushrooms. There was no light giddy comeon, it was boom - I am now in cartoon land. I think it
it instnatly, its what it feels like in retrospect, and the hour before I did them and the time after is all jumbled in my head. For a short
while, the events of the past two days seemed to all merge and I had no sense of time / what / when / where I was.

The trip was a mix of a 'good trip' and a 'really bad trip'. I was not at the party 'with' anyone, but I did know people there. However,
I did not have any security-blanket for me when things started to go bad.

On my previous trips on shrooms, even the more intense one - the world was waxy, fractals would form on walls/floors/etc, and things would
breath with me as I breathed. However, people and mybody looked/felt the same. This time, as the trip peaked, I could not even see my own
body anymore. I'd wave my arm infront of me, and it'd be a sea of colour blending in with the rest of the world. People looked like floating
blobs of wax in a Lava Lamp, they would enter and leave my world seemingly at random. The best way I can describe it is

- I was dancing away, and everyone would be a blur and twisting to the music, I'd touch someone, and they'd 'melt' into my world like the
cover of Fear and Loathing in Las Vagas, and then they'd leave my little reality again

The buildings around me took on characters, the large insurance building across from me, being one that was 'tryng to teach me a lesson',
and the CN tower being a devious one that kept trying to trick me into having a good time.

For one portion of the night, it was like I had entered into "Groundhog Day". It'd feel like the same events were happening on around me, in
an endless loop. Then, I'd look at the building, and depending on if I learned anything new or not from what had just happened, it'd either
'smile' at me, or turn into a skull, and then the cycle would happen again. Each event almost exactly the same, except 1 or 2 different parts,
then I'd look at the CN tower, it'd grin at me, and then look at the other building and see what it had to say.

This loop went on seemingly forever, and during this time I was having a range of mixed emotions, from.

- Oh my god, I've done too much, what is happening to me?
- I am never going to wake up from this
- I think I've lost control of my bowls/bladder, and I'll be waking up in a pool of vomit and piss.
- Feeling 'unsafe' and could be falling off of the top of the building. I'd consntatly drop to the ground to make sure I was actually
on the ground. I had lost sense of what was real and what was not real.
- In my 'minds eye' .. it looked like I was thrashign around and punching the floor/ground/walls to the music, but .. as I dont have any
scrapes cuts or bruises, I dont think I was actually doing this

That, was the 'bad' part of the trip. Eventually, and much thanks to erowid, I was able to go over what I know about shrooms, expierences,
and talked myself back into a good place and was able to resume enjoying the party.

Over the course of the night, visuals became more intense, at one point. It was like the world had stopped, and I could walk around the crowd
like I was in the matrix doing bullet-time, then the music would start again and next thing I knew, I'd be thrown across the room in a moshpit
(Psytrance), and dancing.

I Spent a large portion of the night looking though my pockets trying to find my cellphone. However, every time i reached into my pockets, I'd
pull out different items. It felt like I was 'thinking them into existance'. Even though I'd put my hand into my pocket to get my phone, I'd
think about my wallet, and I'd pull out my wallet.

Much of the night seemed ot go like that, I'd be thinking "I want this now" ... (garbage bag to help clean up after the party, a bottle of water
), and by 'thinking' it .. it'd eventually end up in my hands (Not sure how it got there), and I'd carry on what I was doing.

Like, at one point, I thought I had a bottle of water in my hand, and it was empty, so threw it into the garbage, then .. it looked like I
saw another bottle of water 'melt' out of my pocket, land on the ground .. I bent down, picked it up, and proceeded to drink from it.

At one point, the entire world looked like it was in a weird wash of colour, and it felt like I was in the movie Waking Life.

Time seemed snap .. and I'm not sure if this is how it actually was or not, but looking a back at it, it feels as if

- My mind would visualize what I was doing, a few mins after I had done it.

ie: I'd up dancing, but seeing whatever i was doing a few mins before, then I'd go and sit down, and then I'd see the dancing in my mind, then things
would seemingly 'synch up again', and I'd be supprised to find myself sitting in a lawnchair, then I'd think I'd be pulling myself up to go dancing
again, then think I was dancing, only to a moment later - be supprised I was sitting in the chair yet again.

.. This trip happened nearly a week ago, and I'm still proccessing that night, and dont think I ever will fully comphrehend what happened to me. I've tried
my best to describe this trip to some more expirenced friends, and they all have the same reaction - woah, I've /never/ had that happen.

I'd say for awhile, I was in a state of dementia, what I was seeing / thinking I was doing was totatly different than what I was actually seeing and doing.
(ie: thought I was dancing, to snap back to reality to realize I am on a lawnchair thrashing to the music).

Just wondering, anyoen else have trips this strong before?

Prior to doing the shrooms, I had consumed a fair bit of pot and booze (alot of Tequilla), which I think may of made things a bit more intense. I had done
more/stronger shrooms at once before, and didnt have anything near this level of intenisty.

Edited by kaniz (03/16/06 04:27 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineacoostick
Gonzo

Loc: Tennessee
Re: Strong Trip - anyone have anything like this? [Re: kaniz]
    #2921646 - 07/23/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

sounds like a trip to me...

shew a real trip is discovering new parts in your subconscience, screw the physical world.

--------------------
Shine On,           

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #2921653 - 07/23/04 06:11 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The pot may have contributed to those time lapses. Whenever I am high I find my brain is lagging behind experience. I'll be in the past, and then bam 10 minutes later I am somewhere else and the time in between was just a thought.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Re: Strong Trip - anyone have anything like this? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2922155 - 07/23/04 08:56 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well, one thing on my previous trips, I seemed to bring 'something from it', espcially my 3rd trip - I totatly re-evaluated alot of things in my life, and since then have made a number of changes as a result, and been noticing alot of positive changes in my life.

This trip, was a pretty 'hollow' trip, didnt bring much out of it other than a new respect for shrooms in what they can do and how far they can take you.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

#5409180 - 03/16/06 04:25 PM (18 years, 17 days ago)

Was poking through my post history as I was curious "what were my first posts on the shroomery like" (I reg'd 2 years ago, but didnt start posting regularly until this year).

I still look back at this trip was one of my most intense but enjoyable mushroom trips - it was the one that really taught me how to respect mushrooms and that they are far more than just a 'party drug'.

Figured I'd bump it :P

OfflineNirvana7
stupid doodiehead, class 7
Male

#5409277 - 03/16/06 04:52 PM (18 years, 17 days ago)

yea, the time warps you got were probably from the weed. you probably felt a little disoriented (well more than is normal on JUST shrooms) because of the alcohol. and the rest is explained by the amount of shrooms ingested. it sounds like alot of external factors had a part in your trip as well, for example. you might have felt weird because you were surronded by people who wernt shrooming. or maybe some of your deep personal problems were manipulating you. theres alot of stuff that COULD have happend but whats for sure is that you had a strong and what sounds like a mostly fun trip. if you learned even one thing from this trip then it was a success, even if it was a bit harsh at times.

--------------------
________zombie_________

??????? ??  :bubs:??????????:tombstone:

Nirvana7=the enlightenment AND the band

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Re: Strong Trip - anyone have anything like this? [Re: Nirvana7]
    #5409309 - 03/16/06 04:59 PM (18 years, 17 days ago)

Oh, I loved that trip - the bad, the good, the scary, the estatic - I've learned what I can from that trip, it was two years ago after all :smile:

Was more of an expierence I just felt like re-sharing and not really looking for answers to it.

It probably took me about a full year untill I could proccess the trip and 'learn' anything from it actually, for a long time it just stuck in my head as 'that fucked up mushroom trip'. But once I got some distance from it, and reflected back on it - there was alot to learn from it.

One of the most amazing parts of the trip, was the sensation of my body being ripped to shreds and shot across the universe as a beam of pure energy - it was like a full body orgasm, and a sensation I have never been able to fully re-create on shrooms.

The biggest lesson I learned from that trip was : To let go, and stop fighting the mushrooms.

99% of the 'bad' of the trip was from me being scared, trying to fight the musrhooms and wanting it to end. However, once I started to reflect back on all the information I had read on erowid - I learned to let go and give into the mushrooms, to trust them, and to trust that the trip WILl end, and I wasnt always going to be like that.

Once I stopped fighting the trip - it went from a scary nightmare, to one of the most intense and enjoyable mushroom trips I've had.

I also learned that I had the strenght in me to control my trips and turn them around. I dont need to rely on someone else to pull me out of the pits of hell - I am able to do it on my own.

And, even the 'bad' part of the trips - those were amazing also and I dont regret them at all. If I could go back in time and re-live that trip in the exact same way, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Edited by kaniz (03/16/06 05:03 PM)

Offlineinv3rse
OP-4Warez/0day-warezon Rizon
Male

Loc: Denver, CO
    #5409494 - 03/16/06 05:38 PM (18 years, 17 days ago)

Sounds like it was quite an experience kaniz! lol :smile:

--------------------
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or
insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

"Strange memories on this nervous night in Las Vegas. Five years later? Six? It seems like a lifetime, or at least a main era - -the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run, but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant."

Hunter S. Thompson.

OfflineipickPA
 User Gallery

#5409690 - 03/16/06 06:26 PM (18 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

kaniz said:
To let go, and stop fighting the mushrooms.

indeeed.

I was curious to find out if anyone experienced this kind of strong trip (on LSD)

This is a reoccuring thing thats happens on doses of more than 3.

I get this thing that seems to happen to my fingers, toes, extremities in general.

I feel like they get spongey and turn a yellowish color....I dont know...its like impossible to explain.

It happens EVERY TIME I trip on more than 3 doses. Its really not enjoyable...it gets into my head and stays there for the whole trip. I usually have no choice but to lay down and just "be".

Well to say the least, I've been sticking to 2 doses pretty strictly for the better half of a year....and I don't plan on going back to higher amounts.

Just thought I'd share this weird thing that happens...

OfflineSapphireCat
Seeker
Male

Loc: Ireland
Re: Strong Trip - anyone have anything like this? [Re: ipickPA]
    #5409738 - 03/16/06 06:40 PM (18 years, 17 days ago)

wow that seems like an amazing trip, thanks for bumping it back up from the depths of the shroomery, great read.

--------------------
Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on Simplicity ~Plato

Invisiblesupersapien
Sapient

Loc: US Ohio
Re: Strong Trip - anyone have anything like this? [Re: SapphireCat]
    #5411563 - 03/17/06 07:25 AM (18 years, 17 days ago)

That groundhog day thing, that's happened to me. When I had ego loss from 4.76 grams of shrooms, it was bad enough that I forgot who I was and who my two co-trippers were. But I would forget over and over again, formulating in my head an entire intricate storyline possibility of where I might know these two guys from and what they might be doing in the room with me. And every time I would forget everything, I would think they were doing the exact same thing over and over again. My mind was trapped in an infinite loop for four hours.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder