Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineAnimals
Just Danson inthe Dark
 User Gallery

Re: which is the best mmorpg [Re: unbeliever]
    #5410287 - 03/16/06 09:21 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

SWG use to be a very fun MMORPG.

Especially unlocking Jedi when it was hard as fuck to get, that was very satisfying, unfortunately that game went to shit.

I should be getting WOW soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
Re: which is the best mmorpg [Re: unbeliever]
    #5410293 - 03/16/06 09:23 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

I'm not disagreeing with that fact... I'm saying the game design is flawed to begin with. (in terms of PvP)

I actualy enjoy PvP quite a bit.

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

OfflineinoculatedGreif
greif struken
Male User Gallery

Re: which is the best mmorpg [Re: Animals]
    #5410300 - 03/16/06 09:24 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

warcraft is a classic. you say its just popular, theres a reason for it, warcrat 1and2 where genius. the third one was awsome and wow they took it up a notch.

--------------------
one branch of man turns away what has made us who we are, the other,excepts it for how its made man. which path do you choose?
-------------------------------------
Man takes advantage of who he is,nature is his home, where he evolved from. So why does he turn it down, defy, and mutalate his birth ground? why does he spread disease, murder his native animals,rape and torture his land, and still feel descent of who he is? live a life that is not true? excepts an artificial home?

Offlineduggan18
Stranger
Re: which is the best mmorpg [Re: inoculatedGreif]
    #5410439 - 03/16/06 10:06 PM (18 years, 16 days ago)

right now...world of warcraft. it's an awesome game. very addicting though

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: which is the best mmorpg [Re: duggan18]
    #5411593 - 03/17/06 07:34 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

A huge part of WoWs popularity and sucess comes from the Blizzard name.
I do agree of the current MMORPGs - it's probably one of the best ones. The graphics are top-notch, the game play is greatly smoothed out, and they have sort of taken the 'suck' out of the game that previous genres had.

That being said - at the end of the day, it still feels like I'm using the same tactics, the same 3 or 4 buttons, to grind on the same monsters all day. /yawn

In UO, if I wanted to - every other fight could be differnt. How I tackled killing a Balron, was different then a titan, I could face a monster head on, or provoke it.

I could teleport to a ledge and rain down fire from above with spells, or cast an energywall, teleport to the other side, see the monsters get stuck on the wall I created, then cast a blade spirit on the other side and go invis so it would attack them.

I would need to run, move, be on my toes and have to adapt. You had so many tricks up your sleve that PvE stayed interesting.

In WoW, for solo PvE, the most 'complex' things got, is if I got jumped by an extra monster, used my war-stomp to stun them and start running kinda thing. But, every fight was

- cast the same totems
- pull with the lighting spell
- when in range, do my instant DD with a DoT
- follow up with my other instant DD
- melee, and re-cast instant-DDs as they refresh

/yawn

Not very often that was mixed up.

Group dynamics were a bit more interesting, but I found that since I had odd play-hours, and rarely had more then an hour to dedicate at a time to the game - finding a group was pretty rare.

All around, MMORPGs as a whole just bore me (as do most games actually).

I'm keeping my eye out for VG:SoH, it looks promising, but I'm not gushing over it.

Offlinetheuser
DON'T LOOK
Male User Gallery
Re: which is the best mmorpg [Re: kaniz]
    #5411783 - 03/17/06 08:37 AM (18 years, 15 days ago)

WoW is okay, if you need an undetectable hack for it, PM me. DAoC is dead, do not bother. EQ flopped, do not bother. GW is very popular and has no subscription fees.

GW is a lot more like Diablo 2, WoW is more like EQ1 or that kind of MMO.

--------------------
:heart:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: which is the best mmorpg [Re: theuser]
    #5413488 - 03/17/06 04:18 PM (18 years, 15 days ago)

I've played rpgs since the first zelda and nethack. I was addicted to dragonrealms (text-based mmorpg) for years, along with several others. Then Starcraft, EQ, UO, SWG, DAOC, Diablo, Warcraft3.. WoW is the most complete imo. The game doesn't start until you get to 60. Sure it can seem a little cartoony, and a lot of kids and chinese farmers play it. The other thing I don't like about it is the honor system is totally fucked.. and the Battlegrounds limit world pvp a lot. PvP in WoW kind of sucks compared to a lot of mmorpgs - it relies more on class makeup and gear than actual skill - but I still enjoy it more than I ever did UO or EQ. EQ was an endless, endless grind. EQ2 just sucks. The best part of the game is after you reach 60 and do some end-game instances with an organized guild. Then you tear shit up in PvP. And they will be releasing an expansion sometime.. raising the level cap to 70 and adding a ton of new end game content. Overall it's held my interest better than most mmorpgs I've played over the years.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom