Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
Re: MYCO BAG BLISS [Re: LeGrouper]
    #540303 - 02/04/02 01:38 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hell dude I must be a real newbie.. but is 12.50 per bag to produce 1/2 oz dry shrooms expensive? I m asking this question seriously. Ralphster keeps bringing this price thing up. Think about it. 12.50 cents for a product that produces like that and is almost contam proof... If its to expensive please tell me why.. maybe i m out of touch with reality or I have more disposable income than most here or something but to me its a fuckin steal and one hell of a value... what am I missing here?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesocalshroomer
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
    #540312 - 02/04/02 01:45 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I agree 100% with LeGrouper...That's exactly the first thought I had when I saw how much the bags were.

OfflineLeGrouper
enthusiast
Re: MYCO BAG BLISS [Re: SouthernGent]
    #540341 - 02/04/02 02:21 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I guess if you are a newbie (I have always suspected you were one of the sporeworks guys in disguise Southern, but if not you at least have a strange sense of loyalty to them and are a quick learner) then it is smart to start off with the most surefire technique so you don't waste your $10 sprore syringe.

But there are a few things to be said

The bags are only $12.50 if you buy 4 of them otherwise they are $15.

If you buy a $10 twelve pack of jars, a $2 bag of vermiculite, and a $2 bag of brf or birdseed, you will get a hell of alot more shrooms for around the same price as one of those bags. Yes, you will have to work more, but by getting about 6-12 times as many shrooms depending on if you case or not it is well worth the elbow grease (unless you are loaded).

And I am not saying that the bags are a rip off. Obviously there are some people that are willing to pay that much and consider it worth it. But, for me and I believe the majority of knowledged cultivars, we will not buy a bag because all of the ingredients unassembled are like $3 (probably less to a company buying bulk) and we know that Sporeworks could still make a profit if they sold the bags for alot less so why are they sticking it to us? Or why don't they at least make the bags bigger? My friend's car has done Hip's oven bag tek, a similar thing to the myco bags, with gallons of substrate and gotten fat flushes. I know that sporeworks, with their experience and better equipment, could do a similar thing.

--------------------
The above post is entirely fictional and should not be taken out of context.

Ali-G
www.boyakasha.co.uk

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
    #540354 - 02/04/02 02:35 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Lagrouper excellent post.. If you have the ability to cultivate which apparently you do with the jars etc then maybe its not worth the money to you and the bags may not be the way to go. About 6 weeks ago when I found this site I knew less than I do now and was in no way prepared to cultivate on my own. For a guy like me who dont mind spending some money to get some great shrooms then I think the bags are the easiest way to go. I have read this site for many hours the past 6 weeks including archives and you should know that Sporeworks is not the type of Company to use a sock puppett. Hell they dont even spam enough if you ask me. I can assure you that I m only a customer of Sporeworks and have never met or even spoke in person with anyone at the company. I am a business owner though in a unrelated type industry and I do have great respect for they're customer service. I hope that I am making my clients as happy as they are theres. Bottom line is for you the bags may not be the solution but for a guy like me they are. Personally I dont want to explain to my wife and family why I need to pressure cook 12 jars when 4 bags stuffed in the closet concealed does the job. Again thanks for your informative post.

--------------------

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
    #540376 - 02/04/02 03:08 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Could SouthernGent sound more like a sockpuppet? Geez! Hehehe. Anyway, we do appreciate the support.

As far as bag cost, Compiler makes them and charges what he thinks his labor and expertise are worth. There is a point when you start asking yourself, "why in the hell am I busting my hump over this hot autoclave day after day."? I wouldn't make them very long at that price myself, its too much work for too little reward (yeah, so I'm lazy). Its boring and has to be done precisely to avoid contamination problems after sealing.

You could ask him to make larger bags, but that is up to him. Email him at compiler@sporeworks.com with your request.

The bags are intended only for first timers that just want to get their feet wet in mushroom cultivation with a high rate of success. Noone should rely on these things for continuous cultivation.

Also, I am abit confused about the yield posted at the start of the topic by Sypriss. Sypriss says they got over 1 dry ounce.

Later Sypriss says that it is from a single bag with the first flush at 17 grams fresh and the second flush at just under three ounces (lets say 80 grams) fresh. Thats 97 fresh grams. Lets say they are very dense mushroom at 12.5% dry matter. Thats only 12 dry grams of mushrooms, far short of a full ounce (28 grams). This is more in line with what can be expected from a single bag on the second flush. A 1/2 ounce dry after 3-4 flushes is expected. Maybe they weren't dried completely.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Edited by Workman (02/04/02 03:17 PM)

OfflineLeGrouper
enthusiast
Re: MYCO BAG BLISS [Re: Workman]
    #540424 - 02/04/02 04:05 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I think sypress meant wet. If not, it is time to order some more bags.....

--------------------

Ali-G
www.boyakasha.co.uk

OfflineSypriss
Stranger
Loc: NC
Re: MYCO BAG BLISS [Re: tomatofarmer]
    #541050 - 02/05/02 06:32 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Hey man, I will tell you that when it comes to fungus it's scarse around here. I had spent a good bit of time looking for good high quality shrooms,not knowing that all I needed was a bag and a few cc's of spores. To me this myco bag is at the top of the list. I am very amazed by my first flushes as well, and thank's for the good luck!

--------------------
"Some say we'll see armagedon soon, I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation....."

OfflineSupershrooomer
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: MYCO BAG BLISS [Re: Sypriss]
    #541232 - 02/05/02 10:55 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know if any of you realize this, but Dr. Bluethumbs sell the same for 2.50 each, plus shipping. So you can buy 4 bags from bluethumbs at the same cost of 1 bag from sporeworks.

InvisibleSouthernGent
veteran
Re: MYCO BAG BLISS [Re: Supershrooomer]
    #541268 - 02/05/02 11:30 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

huh? Is Dr Bluethumbs bags sealed filter patch bags with sterile substrate already in the bag? If so thats a damn good price

--------------------

OfflineSypriss
Stranger
Loc: NC
Re: MYCO BAG BLISS [Re: Supershrooomer]
    #542212 - 02/06/02 06:28 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

R these bags empty or do they come with the mixture already in them?

--------------------
"Some say we'll see armagedon soon, I certainly hope we will, I sure could use a vacation....."

OfflineLeGrouper
enthusiast
    #543533 - 02/07/02 10:00 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't mention bluethumbs before because I didn't want to make this into a bluethumbs vs. sporeworks thing again but yes bluethumbs does sell something very similar but they are not for fruiting mushrooms in - they are presterilized spawn bags used for spawning bulk teks. The low price of these bags just goes to prove my point though that we are being over charged for the myco environment bags. You could probably use the spawn bags with some sort of invitro tek. But after having said that about bluethumbs I also want to say that I personally get nervous ordering from a company that has a very unprofessional looking website and isn't that well established because you never know who they could be or how secure your information is with them. If anyone has any input, neg or pos about bluethumbs, please submit.

--------------------

Ali-G
www.boyakasha.co.uk

Invisiblezi1iz
informationsponge

Loc: Midwest
    #543755 - 02/07/02 01:27 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

First off I have to say that I ordered some of the pre-sterilized rye bags from Dr. Bluethumbs and they were shipped very quick and have had no problems with them for my first time dealing with them. And the new web site that they have is a ton better than the previous one.
Ok so I will get to the point=) I innoculated 10 of the quart sized bags with 2cc's of some Lipa Yai syringes obtained from Ralphster. Innoculation was on 2/2 and have been in my home-made incubator since. As of this morning I have about 10-15% colonization in 7 of the 10 bags. The other three are at around 5-10%. I am planning on starting a thread as soon as i get my digital camera back this weekend .
Well just throwing in my 2 cents

--------------------
Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships.
Ansel Adams

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: MYCO BAG BLISS [Re: zi1iz]
    #557996 - 02/20/02 11:00 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

OK. They are worth it, to new people. Thats all there is too it. If i wanted to make a legal occupation out of my hobby, and i was selling stuff, and i created a sure-fire way to let people grow shrooms without work or contams, i would put a price on it too. Not TOO high, but high enough that i could still get people AND make some money. They need to make a living, if you feel otherwise, make your own shit, no one says you gotta buy bags from them, or use bags at all.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineMrNobody
Loser

#558108 - 02/21/02 12:59 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Everything sounds absolutely peachy until it's time to harvest. I've never seen one of these bags so I don't know if it's zip-loc style so you can open it up and pick them or what...do you guys cut open the bag to snip of the fruits? Maybe wait until all the shrooms have matured? Teleportation? Telekenesis? Nah!

--------------------
Free thinkers are dangerous.

OfflineMrNobody
Loser

Re: MYCO BAG BLISS [Re: MrNobody]
    #562026 - 02/24/02 11:07 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Well?? I'd really like to know this. Do you have to wait for all the fruits to mature to harvest them all? Or cut the bag open, harvest the matured ones, and then seal it. Needless to say..they don't all mature at *exactly* the same time.

--------------------
Free thinkers are dangerous.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: MYCO BAG BLISS [Re: MrNobody]
    #562251 - 02/25/02 05:51 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order