Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineslammin007
yearnin' talearn

Have you ever experienced this?
    #5397022 - 03/13/06 10:31 PM (18 years, 19 days ago)

Hey all!

I've been tripping on shrooms for a about 3 years now, probably tripped more than 50 times. Recently I was tripping every weekend. Suddenly my experiences on shrooms changed. I started having bad comedowns. I have always had nice ones so it's strange for me. A heavy acid dose will give me a bad comedown, but I've never had that on shrooms. It actually happens near the end of the comedown and I can only describe it as extreme mental anguish for about 30 minutes, then it is gone as quick as it came. It is the worst feeling EVER, comnplete with disturbing images. Could it be that the batch is too old? The shrooms were kept in the fridge for a couple of months.

Anyway, if anyone has had a similar experience I'd like to hear it. Or if you have any ideas on why it happens and possibly how to avoid it.

Thanks all!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Have you ever experienced this? [Re: slammin007]
    #5397054 - 03/13/06 10:44 PM (18 years, 19 days ago)

Its not the batch, its your head. The shrooms are telling you something.
Before I give any real advise, or my opinion about it, id like to ask, have you ever had any bad peaks or come-ups?

You have tripped alot, and that has alot to do with it im sure, without even knowing what your problem is. It also has something to do with the fact that you have been tripping every weekend.

One cure for this would be waiting a good while until you trip again.

I personally get all my shit out of the way during the come up, and it can be hard(It natural for me, and to get over that insures a hell of an amazing comedown. For most people, even with lsd, the comedown is heavenly.

Invisibleknowhereman
fuck ratings
Male

Loc: USA
    #5397055 - 03/13/06 10:44 PM (18 years, 19 days ago)

Besides the comedown is the trip relatively a good one with no bad images or thoughts? it could be the fact youre doing them/have been every weekend. i say you cut back to no more than once a month and see how it goes.

--------------------
Everybody HA HA!

Invisibleknowhereman
fuck ratings
Male

Loc: USA
Re: Have you ever experienced this? [Re: stemmer]
    #5397074 - 03/13/06 10:48 PM (18 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

stemmer said:
Its not the batch, its your head. The shrooms are telling you something.

exactly.

--------------------
Everybody HA HA!

Offlineslammin007
yearnin' talearn

Re: Have you ever experienced this? [Re: knowhereman]
    #5397106 - 03/13/06 10:56 PM (18 years, 19 days ago)

OK, so I should say, I did wait a while and try it again ,thinking that would help, but it was the same thing. I have never had a bad trip or any bad images before, and the comedown isn't bad, it's just the last 30 mins of it, at the point where I'm almost baseline. After that short time it just dissappears, like a bad stomachache. I actually know how long it will last now. Even at low dosages I get it, I even tried like 1 gram and still got it. It's happened the last 4 times I've tripped and so I've stopped.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
    #5397156 - 03/13/06 11:08 PM (18 years, 19 days ago)

I've had this once, it was like nothing was right, something that I could never quite put my finger on was just off and it was driving me insane. This was after the comedown though and I was able to smoke it off and was fine the next day... Maybe your brain's just starting to feel a little overwhelmed by the increase in information and needs a small "burn out" afterwards just to recover and catch up

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Have you ever experienced this? [Re: StickyWater]
    #5397469 - 03/14/06 12:46 AM (18 years, 19 days ago)

The first time I ever tried shrooms I had this. I was thrown into DEEP depression after I came down. Like extremely deep.
I am not one to cry, but after the trip, I stood in front of a mirror staring at myself, crying, bauling.
I eventually fell asleep and woke up fine, but I have never since experienced such depression. It was inescapable.

I really have no idea where this comes from...maybe a malfunction in the reuptake of seratonin, after being fucked with for 6 hours? Its hard to say.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Have you ever experienced this? [Re: Veter]
    #5397488 - 03/14/06 12:56 AM (18 years, 19 days ago)

Try to figure out where it comes from. Is very odd to cry for no reason. I have cried after tripping, but thats because I came out alive and had a thousand epiphanies stacked on top of one another for the last 6 hours.

It pretty easy to say its just the shrooms. Maybe there is something about the experience you are not quite following if you have no idea why you were crying or why you get depressed.
I just think saying that its you mind working on its own without you knowledge is silly. It isnt only because you took shrooms.

Edited by stemmer (03/14/06 12:58 AM)

Invisiblesupersapien
Sapient

Loc: US Ohio
Re: Have you ever experienced this? [Re: stemmer]
    #5397824 - 03/14/06 05:10 AM (18 years, 19 days ago)

The last shroom trip was fantastic for me, after an 8 month break, but the comedown was the only bad drug comedown I've ever had for some reason. I had a lot on my mind before I tripped, and I was tripping so hard that I couldn't think about that bullshit if I tried, but when I started coming down and I was able to think without ADD I started getting upset. I just changed my atmosphere and all was well. Just gotta keep your mind off of things long enough, like until after you sleep it off, then all is well.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Have you ever experienced this? [Re: supersapien]
    #5398093 - 03/14/06 07:57 AM (18 years, 19 days ago)

This happens to me now and then - I'll be having a great trip, then just as they are starting to wear off - I'll get into a /VERY/ negative head-space.

However, I view it as a lesson I need to learn - as much as I dont enjoy that part of the expierence as it's very difficult, it is something I do find to be very usefull.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Have you ever experienced this? [Re: kaniz]
    #5398745 - 03/14/06 11:32 AM (18 years, 19 days ago)

Its your head..Ive been taking mushrooms a little longer and probably twice as much, after around 50 times it starts getting more and more difficult to enjoy the experience. All parts of it change. Now acid is my best friend..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlineslammin007
yearnin' talearn

Re: Have you ever experienced this? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #5400929 - 03/14/06 08:27 PM (18 years, 18 days ago)

Very intersting, thanks for your comments everyone. I have come to think that since I haven't had any bad trips, and this negative 30 minutes ( NOT thoughts or emotions, but a generally bad feeling - hard to explain) is unaffected by abstinance, I would have to agree with scatmanrav, that it just gets more and more difficult to enjoy it the same way. I don't know if it's a permanent change in my brains reaction to the stimulant, but I know it's not due to any issues I have. All I know is that I can't enjoy shrooms anymore.
(I was hoping it could just be because the shrooms are old or something, but the general consensus is that it's my mind)

I'm really disappointed, but I think if your head is telling you something, it's best to listen.

Thanks again everyone!

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5401043 - 03/14/06 09:03 PM (18 years, 18 days ago)

It is best to listen indeed, but unless you are having worse problems with it than you seem to be, I wouldnt avoid mushrooms just yet(would wait a long time though).
WHen they became less enjoyable for me, is when they became pure magic. A fusion of self, math, physics, time, and space, just made my mind more complex and more ready for the message. It harder to know when to stop when you are on to something bigger than yourself rather than letting the somewhat negative comedown deter you from the fungi.

I shit you not, for me, the more uncomfortable I became with hallucinogens in general, the more I learned. It was just what I expected when I dosed again and ever after, It was far more intense even on low doses, in every way. I now have tripped 170 times on various substances, and I can now easily trip off of .2 grams, and I mean visuals and all the more important things.
I wont sit in a room where mushroom tea is boiling. I wont pick mushrooms.
I decided for my last trip(since I could no longer enjoy them the same way(lsd, LSA, mushrooms, salvia, dmt) that I would do a 2 day long ayahuasca session(very similare to mushrooms, if anything). I ingested a big dose twice in two days, and I learned things that made me feel like I was defying god.
SO frightening that I thought that the intensity and the mind sets that seemed inevitable could kill me. I lived through it, and I was visited by very dark things in my past along with the composition of my personality. It had nothing to do with mood. The mood has its roots, dont deny yourself the ability to see those roots with psychedelics or even when sober. Your basically only half way there. You might want to work more with these medicines if not just because you have had such minor problems with them before.
Ayahuasca-----> (a drug that if anywhere close to the larger dose used in the shamanic traditions, WILL SCARE THE SHIT OUT OF YOU) You are not supposed to feel entirely comforitable with your own hyper evolution. Same as with shrooms

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom