Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecrispyburrito

Mushroom to heavy ??
    #539437 - 02/03/02 04:13 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Foaf , was looking at her casing there is one mushroom about 6 inches tall vail is holding stong not ready to open , about 8 hours later went to check on them and the big guy fell over and derooted from the casing completely .. The casing wasent shaken or handled , was it just to heavy ?? This monster was alive and well , then just fell ,, any ideas ??? Will it still gro ??

--------------------
This statment or question is fictional and for fun not to be used in real life. Just a hypothetical situation..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mushroom to heavy ?? [Re: crispyburrito]
    #539625 - 02/03/02 08:15 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Yup, it happens. Just too big. Using a casing with more structure may help. Things like oyster shells and stuff. Seem to give more for the shrooms to hold on to.

I doubt that it will still grow, depends how much of it's casing is still connected. If it looks like there is still connection, then leave it. Even if it's not growing, it's not going to get hurt. If it wasn't noticably different after 12-24 hours, I'd just pick it and stick it in my ass prior to dessication.

But I bet that 6 inch closed cap will make a nice trip. I bet it weighs in at 4.25 grams dry. That will be fun, one shroom, one dose. Yeehaww.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Offlinecrispyburrito

Re: Mushroom to heavy ?? [Re: mycofile]
    #539639 - 02/03/02 08:30 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

The new casing's have oyster shells in them , so we'll see what happens to them , there's a little chunk of casing left on the bottom , put a few drops of water on it and see what happens over the next 12 hrs ... Thanks for the info , Anyone have any idea on how well honey will perserve fresh mushy's ? Or how long the shelf life would be ?? Any info would be great from someone who stores them this way already..

--------------------
This statment or question is fictional and for fun not to be used in real life. Just a hypothetical situation..

Offlineflatalbert
MexicanaJalisco,Stamets, andfractals
Loc: One of those corn states
    #540001 - 02/04/02 05:07 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Hey,
I think watering the casing on the detached mushy will only give it a fat ass. I think you should yoink it and pop it in your mouth!
Honey preserves mushies almost indefinitely if you don't let air exchage with it. I found some blue honey after 2 years and it was just as I remembered it. They found honey in the tombs of the pharaohs, so I think I trust it to preserve my mushies.

Offlinecrispyburrito

Re: Mushroom to heavy ?? [Re: flatalbert]
    #540054 - 02/04/02 07:29 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

5 hrs later the veil started to break , so it's drying now , thanks for the info ..

--------------------

Anonymous

#540085 - 02/04/02 09:02 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Next tiime you see one in danger of falling, try propping it up with something first.

Offlinecrispyburrito

Re: Mushroom to heavy ?? [Re: ]
    #540094 - 02/04/02 09:16 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

There were no obvious sighns , it was fine one minute and fell the next ! timber ...........

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract