Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
the most potent cub
    #539283 - 02/03/02 12:38 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

i was wondering what some of the more experianced conisuers thought on this subject. i just want to know if theres one strain or something which most people agree is the best(regarding potency of cubs) is there one? i've heard PESA and THAIS are good. but no one i know really has tryed mushrooms where they knew the actuall strain, so i must be skeptical. so whats the best?

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: the most potent cub [Re: JonnyOnTheSpot]
    #539289 - 02/03/02 12:53 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Cubes are likely as potent as all the others. However, the type of trip is usually different. However, Psilocybe Cubensis P. Rican strain has been said to be a more potent strain.

If you want potency look into growing Pan. Cyans and other species. They are a little harder than cubes but ralphster44 has a really nice writeup on their cultivation.

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflinejokerGD
interestedindividual
Loc: Earth
    #539316 - 02/03/02 01:38 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I think Tazmanian strain is a pretty damn good and strong one.

As long as you take about 3 grams dry of cubes, you should be good :smile:

Other species like Pan Cyans, you need about half the dose of cubes.

Proper dosage is the most important with cubes or any other shrooms.

-j

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: the most potent cub [Re: jokerGD]
    #539462 - 02/03/02 04:53 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Of the Cubensis ive tried - the noticably more potent spore-races were the Puerto Rican and the Tasmanian (its funny that before i cultivated these I read everywhere that they weren't much chop - but they blew my fucking head off at 5 grams - i watched my pupils drip out in the mirror and suck into my alien boxer-shorts while the mirroe rocked to-and-fro like an ocean of mercury)
I found the GTs and mazatapecs to have great vibes.
Of the others i have tried, PF classics, B+, TCs, Cambos were all okay.
I didnt like the Ko Samui or Lipa Yai much - even after i ate an entire casing of Lipas i just felt a bit 'weird'

--------------------

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Re: the most potent cub [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #539534 - 02/03/02 06:44 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

thats what happens when you eat that much of any shroom i thought. your saying you ate more than 5 grams of koh samui's and just "felt a bit weird"? thats sort of hard to swallow. on the other hand....i wish i had some of those ones you had! lol
: )

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #539600 - 02/03/02 07:54 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

With nearly any strain available a year or more ago, only the grower can really tell a difference. Groups of people who don't know they are different strains rarely have favorites. They may notice some subtle differences, like "my trip was energetic", or "the come on was relaxing", but few people will notice a difference and say one is more potent than the other. At least not consistently. Growers always put more stock in the subtle things, and are also predisposed to what they've heard and how the growing process went in general. I think which flush the shrooms came from and what temperature they were grown at has more to do with potency than strain does.

The way to more potency, is just grow more. Or try the pans...

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #539713 - 02/03/02 09:58 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Without doing a chromatograph, it is all speculation. There are too many variables involved in tripping and in growing to come to any conclusion whatsoever.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
Re: the most potent cub [Re: Swami]
    #539717 - 02/03/02 10:11 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

too much emphasis on potancy and not enough on the type of trip. If you trip balls off a half gram of shrooms, but are uncomfotable the whole time who gives a fuck about that strain?
I've said it before, and i'll say it again, tazzies rock

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

OfflineAzure
old hand
Loc: California, USA
Re: the most potent cub [Re: MeltingPenguin]
    #539764 - 02/03/02 11:04 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Good point Meltin Peng,
I just wanted to point out that there isn't that much of a difference in potency among cube varieties when they're all grown in the same exact condition(ie. all factors involved in the growing process, drying process, age, and way they were stored are the same). However, the types of trips seem to vary(ie. intensity of body high versus visuals). Keep in mind each individual will feel something slightly different because of their body chemistry, and the amount of food you consumed affects characteristics of the high. Also, drugs you've done in the past will affect your trip. What I'm trying to say is it's impossible to pinpoint these variables because in biology, there are no generalizations and there always are exceptions. Here's my OPINION on some varieties, including other species.
PF classic-intense visuals, but muscle twitching occurred(uncomfortable). Pretty confusing
Mexi cubes-less visual than others and more body high...didn't seem to last as long
Thais-Similar to that of pf strain(ie. uncomfortable)
B+-strong body high, strong visuals(both proportional to each other)
Equadors-intense visuals proportional to body high. Seems pretty clean and not very confusing at moderate doses(favorite strain)
Treasure coast-pretty typical-not any more visual than others, fruit bodies are very beautiful and variable.
Pan cyan-be careful! Very visual and body high and doesn't taste as bad, but it still does taste bad.
Ps. cyanescens=very evil, quick onset and deceptive(ie. because it hits you so fast, you think you're going to triip way harder than you actually do). Very intense at 1.4 grams-more body high than visual. Pretty damn confusing. At low doses(ie. .8 g'), body high strong and confortable, but no visuals. It seems as though if you want visuals with this species, you also have to feel the wrath of the intense body high, which can be pretty uncomfortable.
Ps. azurescens-like cyans, hits very quick. Only did a very low dose, so can't really comment much more.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: the most potent cub [Re: mycofile]
    #539988 - 02/04/02 04:21 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I dont agree - Puerto Ricans under variable conditions always kick my arse clean off - Ive found considerable variation in potency between not-only cubensis in general, but characteristic levels of potency/effect of different cubensis spore-races. My statement was that both the PR and the tasmanian spore-race grown under varied conditions will provide more potent fruits - i have tested this by growing out these strains - in particular the Tasmanian many times and it has always proved correct - although i must point out that the variation is in terms of cubensis - none of them will ever compare to a pan or higher psilocybe. And as Melting penguin was saying - potency isnt everything - you can eat lots of woodlovers (Ps.Cyanescens, Ps.Subaeruginosa, Ps.Australiana) and be having vivid visuals, but you'll be to worried about losing your mind. I found PRs to freak me out a bit...This could be just me and my flatmate, but its happened three times - (gitters)
As for five grams - The first tasmanians we ate were approx. 23 fresh fruits blended in a soup -  injested between two people - they were hell potent!! That amount of most other cubensis would not provide me with much at all.  As for the Lipa Yai: my friend and i injested initially a couple of fresh Ps.Subaeruginosa to ease us into the trip, before injesting three and a half to four grams of Lipa Yai off millet and brf. We felt that there was something there, but after an initial come-up we got nothing, so gobbled another approx. 2-3 grams dried each with no real effect other than a 'stoned' sort of experience. Really crap imo. So i tried again - grew these babies out again on Rye and Millet and had the same low potency - we injested nearly a whole casing each with similar effect - we got so bored we started drinking Victoria Bitter instead :-)
As for Ps.Cyanescens - these babies are Heaven and Hell - ive had some of the most incredibly profound experiences on these - some of the funniest experiences as well - but also some of the most fiendish you could imagine :wink:

--------------------

Edited by Zen Peddler (02/04/02 04:30 AM)

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #540170 - 02/04/02 10:53 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

IME
A group of people once upon a time tested many strains of cubensis over a long period of time. None of them knew anything about strains. All they knew is that they were shrooms. Strains tested included PF classic, equador, b+, b, A, South American, PESA, PES hawaiian, Maz, aussies, golden teacher, treasure coast, penis envy, plantasia, several wild strains, and probably many more that I can't think of right now. Growing methods spanned everything from cakes to agar fruiting to bulk subs.

Only once did one person get anything they thought was weaker than usual. It was PF off of a cake. Only happened once though. Every strain got reported as the strongest shrooms ever eaten by more than one person, more than once. Most people usually thought they were good, but comparable to all the others. Usually better than typical street shrooms, but not particularly better than each other.

The grower of course always thought there were great differences in the strains. But his opinions never coincided with those people who weren't in the loop. The grower would think he'd found the strongest strain ever, and the testers would say it was just as great as all the others. Grower would be worried that a strain was a little weak, and somebody would blow their mind on it. Somebody would blow their mind while somebody in the same room who weighed less and ate more just thought they were pretty good.

This went on for a long time with a lot of people. Nobody was ever in the know to muddy the waters with their preconceptions. Everybody just always went into it thinking "great, we're eating shrooms tonight man", not "let's see how potent these B+'s off of Rye grain are". Most people came out of just like they would any other trip, "great, I tripped, that was cool......" And then they would say whatever they had to say about the details of the trip, but very rarely anything about potency. Unless of course it was to say that the shrooms were good, as always.

So, there may be some absolutely horrible strains out there, but I doubt it. Certainly none of the strains commercially available for more than a year are particularly bad. Experienced trippers who will relate a certain level trip to a certain weight of shrooms eaten rarely comment on potency when they don't know anything about the shrooms.

This of course assumes proper drying and storing methods.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Re: the most potent cub [Re: mycofile]
    #540242 - 02/04/02 12:11 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

these are great lists and insights into the true "potency" of shrooms. keep em coming!

sucks about the Thais though, my friend just sent out an order for some : (
maybe he'll have better results. also on the way to the playboy mansion though are some nice EQ's. I'm gonna tell hugh to order some tazzies next time.

--------------------

OfflineLeGrouper
enthusiast
    #540687 - 02/04/02 08:59 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Both of the old school Thai's (and the new ones) are very good strains just: there is a reason that one of the major vendors, Ryche, uses them as his main strains. I think all of the cubies are in the same general area of potentcy, as has been said, some have certain traits. I will list what my friend's car's tape deck has found:

PF's - very visual at high doses including seeing spirits and very cheery colors
Koh Samui - very visual but more twisted colors with more greys and almost
pencil sketchy illusions, and floating faces in nature
Cambodians - Some visuals but alot of body noise, good for parties and dancing
Puerto's - similar to PF's but seemed to have more auditory hallucinations
Mazapetecs - very gentle onset and sensation of flight or floating and feeling of
nature even indoors, good for darkroom journeys
Taz's - wild ride at high doses, visual and loud, not for social situations
Eq's - Perhaps the most scary mushroom because it is so visual you can start to
panic if you are really trying to see something in reality
B+'s - almost identical vibe to PF's, more geometric visuals
Haw/Golden Teacher - very Alice in Wonderland
Lipas - very tribal, wild vibe to them with lots of animalistic urges like snarling and
growling

Anyway, that's just what some useless people think. Hope it gives you an idea. I suggest you try for yourself. Its almost like a wise man once told me about buying a bottle of wine: "they all fuck you up, go with the prettiest label until you get a feel for what you like"

--------------------
The above post is entirely fictional and should not be taken out of context.

Ali-G
www.boyakasha.co.uk

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Re: the most potent cub [Re: LeGrouper]
    #540741 - 02/04/02 09:53 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Again id have to say that i cant understand how you could find Puertos the same potency as other cubensis. Im not disputing that the thai strains are great in terms of speed and flushing, but at the end of the day my posts are just me experience... and i didnt like their effects.
Have to agree about B+ and PF - Tazzies are very visual shroomies - mazas very nice, but id have to say that i dont find that many other cubensis stand out as having considerably different effects for me than those.

--------------------

OfflineAzure
old hand
Loc: California, USA
    #540841 - 02/05/02 12:08 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Like I said, there's always an exception to the rule in biology...

InvisibleLord_of_Fungus
The AlmightyLord & Master ofThe Universe

Re: the most potent cub [Re: Azure]
    #540935 - 02/05/02 02:28 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

"Aborts are more potent than fully matured shrooms" Is there any truth to this?

--------------------

InvisibleAlkaloids
3,4,5-trimethoxyphenethylamine
Male

Loc: pubis mons
Re: the most potent cub [Re: Lord_of_Fungus]
    #540988 - 02/05/02 04:27 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I don't believe that that claim has been substantiated... just heresay based on the fact that most abhorts are characterstically darker than full grown healthy specimens.
Regarding potency
My "friend" has grown out B+, Mexi-Cubs, Equadorians (all from Ryche) and in single blind tests from several different batches under the same growing conditions received consistent feedback regarding the various strains.
Summarized here:
Equadorians: strong physical(more uncomfortable) and mental component; not very visual.. highest incident of associated nausea
B+: proportionally strong physical and mental components; more visual than EQ with less nausea and a more pleasent flavor
Mexi-cub: not quite as strong a physical reaction, strong mental and very strong visual responses; also less nausea than EQ and about equivalent to B+
As far as 5+ grams (dried) goes I have had amounts that large of the B+ or the B+ combined with the Mexi-cub. Of the times I have had amounts that large things were extremely exciting with complete dissociation in 2 separate episodes.
In addition to that on one brave day I ingested aprox. 65-70 grams of fresh B+ and Mexi-cubs. That was a 3+ to use Shulgins rating system.
Starting to run on... later

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate