Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesam420
CertifiedReptilianOverlord
 User Gallery

Loc: Scotland
Re: Pretrip Anxiety, solo trip. [Re: demon2091tb]
    #5384376 - 03/10/06 03:47 AM (18 years, 23 days ago)

Glad you had a valuable trip. :laugh:

I get a lot of pre-trip anxiety, especially because it always takes a long time (~2hrs) for me to come up.  The other day I took shrooms after a break of about 7 months, but used the lemon juice method, and let me tell you, I am a convert.  I was getting visuals within half an hour, the anxiety was nothing more than an uncomfortable 5 minutes before the waves of euphoria kicked in.  This is the best way to take shrooms by far imo, it did seem to potentiate the intensity somewhat as well.  So yeah, launch yourself into the experience with LJ and wave goodbye to anxiety! :P

--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Pretrip Anxiety, solo trip. [Re: sam420]
    #5384501 - 03/10/06 06:07 AM (18 years, 23 days ago)

Glad to see that you got something out of the trip. I've found that I tend to get more out of 'low dose' trips myself with mushrooms.

Higher doses are fun and all, and can be very insightful also. But, I also find that the trip can be over-whelming and chaotic and be hard to get anything from it - normally its days, if not months after the trip that I'm able to look back and pull meanining from it.

But with lower doses, I get alot more from it right away.

Start low, and keep nudging up the dosages as you grow comfortable with them.

Generally, I find TV to be a bad idea when shrooming - it just ends up annoying me, between the bad shows and the even worse commercials - its a quick way to set me into a bad mood.

I'd recomend tossing in a fun video game, watching a movie, or listening to music while waiting for the come up. For a video game, I'd go for something 'fun' and quirky like We <3 Katamari - not a violent game, easy to play - and kinda trippy in its own right.

I normally find that by the 'peak' of the trip - I'll lose interest in the video games or movies - but they do help pass the time untill your tripping. And, then I'll move onto music or just laying there thinking/etc or go for a walk.

-- but, enjoy the world of mushrooms :smile: as much fun as they can be, they are also amazing tools.

Offlinedemon2091tb
Stranger

Re: Pretrip Anxiety, solo trip. [Re: kaniz]
    #5385015 - 03/10/06 10:20 AM (18 years, 22 days ago)

Thanks all for you kind words.

I probobly watched tv for a good hr or so, watched leno/some on conan, then moved on to a few other channels before getting annoyed like you mentioned Kaniz. After getting annoyed, which i think gave me some confusion and just wanting to get back into a happy place, i broke out my friends xbox and played a little burnout 2, which occupied me for a good while until i was just ready to go to bed. I layed in bed for a couple hrs just thinking and rubbing my cat.

I'm not really sure though if you would even consider the amount i took worthwhile, as far as a trip goes, its not a heroic dose like i've heard people taking and all, but it did me fine, and next time i'll most likely bump it up a 1/4g or so. I'm guessing i ate like .25-.4g, which is threshold amount at most.

My first trip was on 1/16, and i don't remember getting anythign positive from it as far as learning about myself and such, andi think it was pretty much overly intense for me at the time. This past "trip" though, i felt like i did learn alot from myself though, and i'm very happy with my discoveries and intend to keep them at the top of my mind for a good while.

I'm very much anticipating my next trip, but i don't want to do it anytime soon, because i thikn i'd be using them too much, but i still have b/w 1g-1.5g, i'll most likely take 1/2 of what is left when i do decided to wade back in, and possibly take a walk around nature or something similar.

BTW how long will dried stay potent if there in a bag, in a container, in a dark place, (not sure the tempeture).

-PS thanks again for everyone who helped.

Edited by demon2091tb (03/10/06 10:33 AM)

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

#5385109 - 03/10/06 10:46 AM (18 years, 22 days ago)

They will stay potent for a fairly long time. I tend to buy my mushrooms in bulk (I really shold just start growing my own...), and the bag will last me for a month or three - and if they are properly stored, I dont notice much (if any) degradation of potency.

And, chances are - they have been sitting around some guys closet for a few months before they got passed down to me.

So - cool, dark, dry place = they'll be good for a long time.

Quote:

I'm not really sure though if you would even consider the amount i took worthwhile, as far as a trip goes, its not a heroic dose like i've heard people taking and all,

If you got something from it - it was worth while. Some of my most enjoyable and insightful mushroom trips have been low dosags.

I find alot of people seem to push into higher dosage ranges for the sheer bragging rights of it - and dont get much from the expierence other than "OMG, I thought I was dead" - not to say that high dosing is bad, I do enjoy it - and it can be an interesting challenge. But, theres more to mushrooms than level 4/5 trips.

Offlinedemon2091tb
Stranger

Re: Pretrip Anxiety, solo trip. [Re: kaniz]
    #5385154 - 03/10/06 11:01 AM (18 years, 22 days ago)

Thanks again Kaniz.

when i set out that night to test the waters i really didn't think i would go that far, and granted i really didn't, but i'm generally happy about everything, and really anticipating my next time.

Kaniz, when you talk about low doses, what is your usual low dosage amount, just for frame of reference, also i'd like to read some reports of your low dosages if you wouldn't mind. I always read trip reports of the intense lvl 3/4/5 trips, like you described people taking higher doses for bragging rights, but i rarely if ever see trip reports of low dosages, <1g or even <.5g.

Am i just that much more succeptible to them than others in my mind, or could it have to do soemthing with low body weight (6', 135lbs, wet lol), or a fast metabolism or anything like that?

I was discussing with a friend the other day, and i had told him i had learned alot from a .5g trip, he just blew off what i had said and told me his last trip was on a 1/4 (7g) of some Z strain. I don't know if he got anything out of it or not, but i just made me feel rather inferrior about the amount i had ate, and what i got from it. But i was easily able to handle a .5g, but now i'm not even sure if i could handle a 1/16 like i had my first trip.

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

#5385206 - 03/10/06 11:22 AM (18 years, 22 days ago)

For me, my normal 'recreational' dose (club, party, movie, hanging with friends) seems to be around 3g depending on potency. My high-dose trips 5-10g, and my low trips, I guess around 1g or so.

But, I find allot of the times - I don?t bother weighing things out and just sort of take a bit and guess. Then add more later if I want things to become more intense.

I'm also 6ft4, 235ish pounds if that makes any difference, and seem to trip fairly hard - harder than the people around me on the same dose, but I also seem to handle it better. Everyone?s different.

I dont write that many full length trip reports anymore, or at least that I post.

However, going off of the top of my head - probably my first really "insightful" trip.

- I was heading to an outdoor daytime party at the beach. I decided to eat my mushrooms before heading down - and ate a very small amount. I didn?t have a scale at the time, but if I recall correctly it was 1 stem, and from previous trips on the same batch, they weren?t the most potent shrooms in the world. If I had to guess, I'd say it was 1g tops - but its a guess on something that happened over a year ago.

- The mushrooms started to kick in while traveling down to the beach. I was reading a book (Microserfs), and the words on the page started to shimmer and move - but, they were not going so crazy that I couldn?t read. I was still able to read perfectly at the 'peak' of the trip (just to give an idea of the 'low level' nature of it, on a strong dose, I cant read at all - things are moving too much)

- I arrive at the beach, and the party was running late getting started. So, I take a walk around, and things are very pretty - lots of 'shimmering', things look brighter, if I stop and really looked at something - I could see some things breathing.

All in all, a very low, mild, easy to handle - but really enjoyable trip.

Anyways, I head back to where the party was being setup, lay out a blanket, put on my MP3 player, close my eyes and start to enjoy the CEVs (the sun shining down on my eyelids made them a brilliant red - was very nice).

And, I started to get into some really deep and reflective thinking. At this dose, there was no 'headfuck' or confusion that comes with higher dosages I find. I felt very lucid, very together and very with-it - I could talk with other people around me fine, I could socialize, I could walk/talk/etc and not be 'fucked up'.

On higher dosage trips - I find it hard to talk, I get very confused, I get the 'headfuck' and trapped in thought loops. These dont seem to be nearly as present at lower dosages.

Anyways, I start thinking - and looking at my life, and problems I was having at the time.

At that time - I was letting far to many people abuse me. People who I thought were friends - would only be my friends when they needed me. But, if I needed them, or hell - even just wanted to 'hang out' where I wasn?t helping them - they wouldn?t be around.

Likewise, there were a few people who were TRYING to be real friends, but I was pushing them away as I was helping the people who were using me.

I started to look close and hard at the people in my life, the roles they were playing in it. Who my real friends were, who the 'users' were - and, I started to re-prioritize where these people stood in my life.

I had realized that the users were causing me allot of stress and anxiety and a source of some recent depression.

Anyways, by the end of the trip ? I had a bit of a new outlook, some new priorities in my life. I guess in some ways its sad ? as there were a few people I just out-right cut out of my life. Other people, I moved up on the ?priority list? ? however, as a result of the trip ? I found myself to be happier all around.

For me, this is probably one of my most ?useful? experiences I?ve had while on mushrooms ? and also one of the lower dosage trips that I have done. It was something I was able to reflect on and integrate back into my life right after the trip.

I find that on higher dose trips ? there has been some where its been MONTHS after the trip before I am able to really ?get anything from it?. They tend to stick in my head as ?wow, that was fucked up? for a while, and its not until I get some distance from the experience and really reflect on it ? that I learn things from it.

All around though, I try and not to get too caught up on the exact weight that I am eating. I find when I do that, I tend to ?miss the mark? on where I want to be. I generally just grab a bit, look at it ? guess how much it is and how far it will take me. Eat a bit, then wait ? see where it takes me, then slowly increase the dosage until I am at a peak where I want to be.

That isn?t to say that you cant learn a lot from high-dose trips. I?ve had some amazing high-dose experiences that I wouldn?t trade back for the world. But, I think people are far too quick to discount the benefits of lower level trips.

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
    #5385247 - 03/10/06 11:37 AM (18 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

demon2091tb said:
Well sorry to bump this back up, but i think i've finally understood a few epiphanies during my little mini .5g trip.

1)There is way too much violence on TV, and in society in general.
*As i flipped through the channels for almost an hr i found that every station in some way shape or form, was full of violence, i couldn't stand even watching it anymore after finding this out for myself.
2)I'm spinning out of control with my drug use, and have since my trip, decided to quit smoking pot.
3)I need more social contact, and to hang out with my friends more than just at work.
*My cat was in the same room i was while i tripped on my .5g (if you consider it tripping at all), the whole while he wanted to go outside so he consistantly poked the door and all, i found that he wanted out so much, but i felt that if i let him out i'd be lonely, and i feared being lonely at the stage i was in, to me it was a way to tell me i need more social contact, besides coming home from work, sitting in front of the tv, and being a hermit.

Since my trip i've stopped smoking pot completely, and plan to keep it that way for a good while, or at least untill i feel my life is back on track, and i can keep it for special times, so that it dosent loose its powers.

I really think i've gotten something from this trip that has really helped me, and i intend on using them like this from now on.

This was only my 2nd trip, and i'm really happy that i've realized my drug use has gotten out of hand, and putting myself back on track, and i'm very happy that i'm doing this for myself, and for the wellbeing of myself.

You shouldn't use psychadellics if you don't intend on learning something from them right?

i really like some of the things youve said there. i personally dont smoke weed, drink, none of that. i dont want to sound elitist, but i wont learn anything from being drunk out of my head, and i dont enjoy being stoned. i dont want to be "fucked up". i dont really do it recreationally (though i could see how doing it and going to the beach or an aquarium would be a lot of fun), i do it because im always thirsting for new knowledge and wisdom, and and shrooms are just another way to find that.

the mushrooms can teach you things. i dont think that they tell you anything that isnt already inside of you, but they will reveal things inside of you that you wouldnt normally see. to me the mushroom was like a wise mentor guiding me through my own mind. i like that you would consider using them only to learn. that indicates to me that you are an intelligent person, and you deserve to find the wisdom and knowledge youre seeking.

even if you dont know what youre looking for, something insside of you does know, and that is why God made mushrooms. : )

--------------------
i can speel... im just too lazy to sppelcheck.

My first trip (good read) - Speed Leaching Poo! - My Second Trip (with art)

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Pretrip Anxiety, solo trip. [Re: rDr4g0n]
    #5386684 - 03/10/06 04:54 PM (18 years, 22 days ago)

never got sick on shrooms, but i agree with Nico

OfflinePax
Stranger
Re: Pretrip Anxiety, solo trip. [Re: indica]
    #5387841 - 03/11/06 12:05 AM (18 years, 22 days ago)

One of the real gifts of mushrooms is that they can show you so much important stuff you're not usually aware of, and thus allow you to make positive changes in your life. I know people who saved their life by the changes they made via insights from psychedelics.

Invisibleshymanta
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

#5390753 - 03/12/06 12:07 AM (18 years, 21 days ago)

One thing that will help anxiety, whether from mushrooms of other causes, is your breath. Breathe. Breathe long and deep. This will settle the mind. Breathing exercises can take you places even without them mushrooms so don't forget you can use it when the trip gets going, too. Also, once you're there, if you find a spot that is difficult, sing. It doesn't even ave to be intelligible words. Just sing. It helps.

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: Pretrip Anxiety, solo trip. [Re: shymanta]
    #5391377 - 03/12/06 09:29 AM (18 years, 20 days ago)

when i was anxious before my first trip, i played video games

--------------------
i can speel... im just too lazy to sppelcheck.

My first trip (good read) - Speed Leaching Poo! - My Second Trip (with art)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder