Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
Need ID with Pics...thanks
    #5362344 - 03/03/06 05:21 PM (18 years, 29 days ago)

Well I have a few mushrooms popping up in the back yard since we have had rian.

5 shroom for those who take the time.......  :thumbup:

Thanks!

--------------------

Atheist Chat

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: Need ID with Pics...thanks [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5362378 - 03/03/06 05:31 PM (18 years, 29 days ago)

Snag,

Where U Live?
Whats the Spoor Color?
Whats the temps?

Has the shape of an Azure but I wont even think of trying to ID that..
Good Luck!

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

Re: Need ID with Pics...thanks [Re: YESSUP]
    #5362390 - 03/03/06 05:35 PM (18 years, 29 days ago)

Norcal

40's at night 50-70 during the day

Spores, don't know but it's printing now, I hope

Thanks man  :mushroom2:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

#5362685 - 03/03/06 07:26 PM (18 years, 29 days ago)

Thanks to a shroomer it looks like Psathyrella.........oh well at least I am starting to look around for them.......

--------------------

Atheist Chat

OfflineHeiligBoomerz
SelfIntrospector
Male

Loc: A Never-Ending REM Cycle
    #5363593 - 03/04/06 01:21 AM (18 years, 29 days ago)

would go with Psathyrella or strophia or possibly agaricus if they annulus has fallen (man down!).

so many choices so little knowledge of spore color?

--------------------

"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #5363980 - 03/04/06 09:12 AM (18 years, 28 days ago)

I'd probably start with Stropharia. If so, the spore print should probably come out purplish brown.

The gills look attached in the photos. Try cutting one in half vertically to see if they're attached or free.

If the gills are attached then they're definitely not Agaricus.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #5364676 - 03/04/06 01:56 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

At least two possible genera come to mind but they were already mentioned above.
Do they kind of snap easily on the cap and stem? Sometimes making a (possibly hard to hear) snap noise?
I notice the easy snap feature common in my psathyrella finds- they are pretty delicate that is.. especially on the smaller specimens. It can take a lot of experience with them to be able to know exactly what sort of flesh texture is common to psathyrella species as opposed to anything else though. It also isn't really a totally reliable feature.
On the other hand, I can't see anything that obviously eliminates Stropharia either. I find that species of stropharia are more sturdy, that being don't fall apart quite as easily or snap cleanly as much.
I don't see that species in my area (that I'm aware of), so guessing is really the best I can do without having the actual mushroom in my possession or having found it before.
Get us a spore print :thumbup:
One would suspect that it would come out some a dark shade.
Cool pictures either way,

:wink:

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

Re: Need ID with Pics...thanks [Re: eris]
    #5364706 - 03/04/06 02:03 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

those are probably fairy ring mushrooms..while living in canada I have seen a lot of those growing in rings..

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
Re: Need ID with Pics...thanks [Re: Mr_Psilocin]
    #5364808 - 03/04/06 02:34 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

What makes you say that?
The specimens appear to have darkish gills.
While Marasmius oreades - the fairy mushroom is described as having cream to buff-colored gills.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleshroominDole
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: O.C . S o. C a l .
    #5365193 - 03/04/06 05:17 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Great pics...great questions narrowing it down....def not Maras.oreades...def not agaricus...definately one of the multitudes of similar mushrooms that are goin to fall under Psathyrella candolleana complex(using macro) that are difficult to seperate without a microscope...spore print is "deep brown heading towards blackish....many times if you look real hard can see it growing around, or on,...a little bit, or alot of wood chips or branches from tree or shrubs but not always cause wood may have already rotted enough to mix in with the dirt and impossible to see it....and even around old stumps...many books list candolleana as edible-good and it is but there are way too many look alikes that can only be told microscopically, that they dont know if they are poisonous or not anyway....definately one of the most wide spread and encountered in both woods and urban areas(yards)
so good one to learn......Not magic but in same magic family as Panaeolus called Coprinaceae family...so fragile surprised you were able to hold it long enough to get a pic without it falling thru your fingers!

--------------------
Worlds Largest 'Liberty Cap' (Cali Libs Confirmed !)
' Comments On Hallucinogenic Agarics And The Hallucinations Of Those Who Study Them '
Alexander H. Smith
Mycologia vol.69 1977

Edited by shroominDole (03/04/06 10:52 PM)

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

Re: Need ID with Pics...thanks [Re: shroominDole]
    #5375074 - 03/07/06 05:06 PM (18 years, 25 days ago)

WOW, thanks everyone for taking the time.

I did a print and it was to my untrained eye....dark purple, very dark black at first looking at it, but in the sun and as I smeared it there was definitely a tint of purple.

They did grow in a few clusters in the tall grass, I have mowed....hum

Well I am learning on the way, keep your eyes open and learn the terminology.....

So far I have noticed two different mushies in my back yard. the first
first mush

Amanita species

:mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

OfflineLaughingGym
The Wizard ofMush
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia
    #5375451 - 03/07/06 06:42 PM (18 years, 25 days ago)

What's the underside of the cap look like?

--------------------
Mushrooms mushrooms everywhere, but not one cap to trip.

InvisibleshroominDole
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: O.C . S o. C a l .
    #5378529 - 03/08/06 06:10 PM (18 years, 24 days ago)

hey snaggle....still learning to navigate this sight a little bit so took me a minute to figure out once I saw the date on the link for the mushroom you wanted I.D. that your link went to an ID request that was a couple months old you had already ran through previously.......interesting mushroom....solid white....growing out of a cup....hmmm....growing out of grassy open field or area....some Amanitas do do that....sure when you took spore print might of been a little surprized considering expectation of white spores....This group of mushrooms is partly to blame for many of our deaths/poisonings in some of our Asian population in U.S. because of the close resemblence of the "Death Cap" Amanita phalloides to the "Paddy Straw Mushroom" Volvariella volvacea....a major commercial cultivated mushroom in Asia like our common button mushrooms are here. Paddy Straws are common in the wild in gulf coast area of U.S. and in milder areas of west coast as do white button store mushrooms (Agaricus) Paddys also love hot houses and potting mix)....it like Amanita starts out growing out of a soft egg(universal veil) leaving behind a cup/sack(volva)once it breaks out which CAN be buried and not noticable) to continue growing out of. Not all Amanitas leave behind a volva/sack ....and like Amanita phalloides("Death Cap")has a brownish colored cap....recipe for disaster!....Your mushroom in the picture is Volvariella speciosa (The Common Volvariella) which can be an understatement sometimes in areas where it occurs)....has pink spores which quikly color the gills{which are "free"(not attached at all to the stalk) as soon as the cap begins to expand and open....some Amanitas have gills that also turn pink in age....your Volvariella also doesnt usually have annulus=ring=partial veil remnants left behind on the stalk and usually leaves behind a volva/sac that isnt always well formed or noticable and also sometimes buried....cap color can range from white to brownish like our friend the death cap Amanita phalloides!....there are also a set of set of white capped Amanitas across yhe U.S. and around the world called "Destroying Angels/Angels of Death that you probably have growing close to you if there are trees or shrubs around that can look identical! to Volvariella speciosa....except Amanitas have white spores....Volvariella occurs in compost piles,..old vacant lots,...gardens,...agriculture fields,...woods,...side of the road,...on straw piles,...yards,...and a shrimmers best friend CRAP....the little clover type plant next to it is genus Medicago and the fern lookin one is genus Erodium....as you can see this a great mushroom to become familiar with....

Edited by shroominDole (03/09/06 03:44 PM)

OfflineSnaggletooth
Male User Gallery

Re: Need ID with Pics...thanks [Re: shroominDole]
    #5379615 - 03/08/06 10:36 PM (18 years, 24 days ago)

Wow man very cool response thank for the info  :thumbup:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies