Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineindianaroller
Stranger
Loc: My house
Changing perlite
    #5377069 - 03/08/06 10:01 AM (18 years, 24 days ago)

I've been out of the scene for a little while and I decided I would start growing again. I want to use perlite but I was wondering if I have to change it after every harvest or if I could just spray the perlite with some hydrogen peroxide. Thanks for any replies.

--------------------
Fuck Bush.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethenewguy05
The Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Loc: My Underground Layer
Re: Changing perlite [Re: indianaroller]
    #5377080 - 03/08/06 10:05 AM (18 years, 24 days ago)

hydrogen peroxide at a dilution with water of 10% hydrogen peroxide to 90% water.

if you have a serious outbreak of contamination then i would go ahead and change it.

Offlinesivad02487
Stranger
    #5377099 - 03/08/06 10:10 AM (18 years, 24 days ago)

I would change it every grow, as it's not too expensive. If you've been out of the scene for a while check this tek out. There's nothing easier to produce big, potent mushrooms and there is no need for any work. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4323984/an/0/page/0

This one has the finished pics with the shrooms in it:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3026085/an/0/page/0

Good Luck Man

P.S.- I'm doing this double tub tek right now and I couldn't ask for an easier, high yeilding tek

Offlineindianaroller
Stranger
Loc: My house
Re: Changing perlite [Re: thenewguy05]
    #5377103 - 03/08/06 10:11 AM (18 years, 24 days ago)

Ok cool. I didnt want to use perlite if I was going to have to change it all the time. Thank you for the reply.

--------------------
Fuck Bush.

Offlinesivad02487
Stranger
    #5377112 - 03/08/06 10:13 AM (18 years, 24 days ago)

Yea dont worry about it, but I would seriously look at those teks. Nothing easier on the website

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Changing perlite [Re: sivad02487]
    #5377225 - 03/08/06 11:05 AM (18 years, 24 days ago)

No need to change perlite often. The time you really want to start changing it is when it starts turning into dust. I simply just rinse, soak, and drain my perlite in the shower when it needs to be rehydrated. A bag lasts me 4-6 months.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Changing perlite [Re: coda]
    #5377258 - 03/08/06 11:18 AM (18 years, 24 days ago)

I sterilize after it starts to smell "off" usually ever couple of grows. I simply change it out with cleaned perlite then sterilize the used stuff I keep recycling it over and over, my perlite has lasted for many years this way.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Changing perlite [Re: hyphae]
    #5377282 - 03/08/06 11:29 AM (18 years, 24 days ago)

true, but it is good to note about the perlite dust.  You dont want to be near that stuff, when handling dust or cleaning out your FC, wear a mask to avoid breathing it in.

Personally at 2 dollars a bag i dont see the point in sterilizing it, but then again im a lazy bastard who would rather buy a new bag then sterilize old stuff :laugh:

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Changing perlite [Re: coda]
    #5377315 - 03/08/06 11:54 AM (18 years, 24 days ago)

Believe me I'm as lazy as I can be so if I don't have to even go to the store and shop I won't it takes me not even 5 minutes to sterilize my perlite I couldn't even get in my car and drive a mile in that time so in reality is actually way easier for me, it's kinda like the old saying an ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure. :wink:

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates