Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Loc: Darkover
Psychotria Viridis smoking dose ?
    #5344317 - 02/27/06 06:48 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Hi Guys!
With the increase in availability of Psychotria Viridis I would like to know how much is considered a proper dose (when smoked). In the audio and written work of Terence McKenna I have I cannot find his recommended smoking dose for Chacruna although he gives his dry weight doses for psilocybin. How much did he use? Can anyone help please?

--------------------
"Odrade read the word silently and then aloud.
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.
"Arafel:the cloud darkness at the end of the universe.""

Edited by Silverwolf (02/27/06 06:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMezcal
Re: Psychotria Viridis smoking dose ? [Re: Silverwolf]
    #5344467 - 02/27/06 08:16 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Viridis is not active smoked... it is a component of ayahuasca.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Psychotria Viridis smoking dose ? [Re: Mezcal]
    #5344579 - 02/27/06 09:14 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

It'd probably require smoking upwards of 50grams in an extremely short amount of time.

Like snyder said, it isn't smoked. Either you extract it or make it into tea. When terrance referenced it specifically he was likely talking about ayahuasca.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflinePsilocyan
Humble Voyager
Male

Loc: Atlanta...USA
Re: Psychotria Viridis smoking dose ? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5345048 - 02/27/06 12:10 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

If you want the DMT from Psychotria viridis, just brew some Ayahuasca :smile:.

Although I'm sure if you could get the cultivation down, it would make a lovely house plant. I have heard however that germination time can be a bit lengthy.

--------------------
I :heart: Psilocybe weilii...:mushroomgrow:

"I think of going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience like going to the grave without ever having sex."
-McKenna

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Psychotria Viridis smoking dose ? [Re: Psilocyan]
    #5345121 - 02/27/06 12:32 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, cuttings would be ideal.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
    #5347677 - 02/27/06 11:13 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

go to erowid and find teh % dmt for dried weight. then figure out how much you want to dose. and you wouldnt have to smoke near 50 grams. thats silly. in fact from 1 gram to 3 grams is all you woudl need maybe less maybe more depending on quality. and DMT is active when smoked. please dont post if you dont know what you are talking about.

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Psychotria Viridis smoking dose ? [Re: the man]
    #5347812 - 02/27/06 11:56 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

"please dont post if you dont know what you are talking about. "

Yeah, would you mind?

One gram would get you a good few milligrams of DMT. What the hell are you talking about?

Mimosa is much more potent than viridis. The weaker mimosa will give you .57% alkaloids. One gram of that would only be 5.7mg of DMT. Viridis is weaker by *far*. Not to mention the duration you'd need to smoke it in. You'd need to kill it in a relatively short amount of time. Certainly less time than it'd take to smoke 3 grams of any leaf, if you want real smoked DMT effects. And there's no way in hell 3 grams would do it.

No one smokes viridis. No one.

"and DMT is active when smoked"

This is why there are extractions.

--------------------

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
    #5348936 - 02/28/06 11:22 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

teh most recent study says there is a average of 10mgs of DMT per gram of leaf.  :smile:

--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Psychotria Viridis smoking dose ? [Re: the man]
    #5349102 - 02/28/06 12:08 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

It might be possible, but don't count on coming across any leaves like that in an online store. Hah! When was the last time you heard of people taking 5-10 grams of viridis? Check out the ayahuasca.com forums. 25 at a bare minimum is suggested, many use 50-75+.

--------------------

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#5374978 - 03/07/06 04:43 PM (18 years, 25 days ago)

Oooh!! Controversy. Well now T McKenna most certainly did smoke Psychotria Viridis in fact it was his preferred method of entering the DMT state. With huge prices being charged for "crystal" DMT we need to get to the bottom of this, I'll check my McKenna sources again.
Ha ha! You win. He smoked DMT he'd did not actually say that he smoked Chacruna.
These are some quotes from "The Great Hearts and Minds Lecture Series" tape McKenna did for "Evolution";
"What is unspeakable is unsayable"
"the ego is like a calcarius tumour that arises within the dynamics of the psyche."

Qu: How much "Toad Foam" (5 Methoxy -?- DMT) does one normally smoke for a trip and what is it's DMT content per gramme as compared to that of Psychotria Viridis?

S

Edited by Silverwolf (08/11/06 02:09 PM)

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#5375480 - 03/07/06 06:49 PM (18 years, 25 days ago)

Yeah, that really didn't sound right... I'd believe that he'd tried it, but certainly not that it was his preferred method.

I don't know about the toad venom. I'm willing to bet that it varies a bit from toad to toad and sample to sample. I do know that it is primarily a 5-MeO-DMT trip. Not so much from any analysis, but rather experience reports, and having talked to those who have tried both DMT and toad venom that report a longer, less visual trip that takes a lot out of them.

--------------------

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#5375510 - 03/07/06 06:56 PM (18 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Koala Koolio said:
Yeah, that really didn't sound right... I'd believe that he'd tried it, but certainly not that it was his preferred method.

I don't know about the toad venom. I'm willing to bet that it varies a bit from toad to toad and sample to sample. I do know that it is primarily a 5-MeO-DMT trip. Not so much from any analysis, but rather experience reports, and having talked to those who have tried both DMT and toad venom that report a longer, less visual trip that takes a lot out of them.

Well he was at least clear about the toad foam (his brother is/was -?- a research chemist) he claims it is 5-Methoxy DMT.

--------------------
"Arafel."
She knew this word.Reverend Mothers of the tyrants time had impressed it into the Bene Gesserit consciousness,tracing it's roots to the most ancient sources.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#5375534 - 03/07/06 07:04 PM (18 years, 25 days ago)

I know, just that it might not be so comparable to viridis because of this. Perhaps more comparable to virola, or other primarily 5-MeO containing sources.

Yopo seeds, perhaps.

--------------------

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
    #5376576 - 03/08/06 03:43 AM (18 years, 25 days ago)

What the fuck is this doing in Ethnobotanical garden? Do you wish to grow Psychotria viridis?

Silverwolf you are a goofball.

--------------------

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

Re: Psychotria Viridis smoking dose ? [Re: Herbus]
    #5378268 - 03/08/06 05:07 PM (18 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Herbus said:
What the fuck is this doing in Ethnobotanical garden? Do you wish to grow Psychotria viridis?

Silverwolf you are a goofball.

Yeah I know but this is where my Amanita Muscaria thread ended up so I've treated this forum slightly differently ("what? It's a thing...right?"), if you want it moved ask it's fine by me.

--------------------
"Arafel."

OfflineSilverwolf
sandtrout
 User Gallery

#5426233 - 03/21/06 05:06 PM (18 years, 11 days ago)

"Bump" Someone here offering Psychotria Viridis "the leaves can also be smoked in a joint for a powerful psychedelic effect" ?10/50g.

--------------------
"Arafel."

Edited by Silverwolf (03/21/06 05:06 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies