Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
300mg DXM Trip
    #5318201 - 02/19/06 10:59 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I know a lot of people dont like DXM, but i enjoy a good trip every once and a while.

I purchased a bottle of 20 15mg Robotussin CoughGels (300mg Dextromethorphan HBr total) and will be taking all 20. I havent eaten anything within the past 3+ hours.

10:03 pm: Im beggining to take the pills until i finish the bottle. Washing them down with some good ol' Mountain Dew.

10:14 pm: Bottle's finished. Im already feelin minor effects; small amount of light headedness, some euphoria.

10:55 pm: Startin to feel threshold effects, some nausea.

11:06 pm: The effects are more significant with my eyes closed; im listening to Beck, was feeling some vertigo, very euphoric. With my eyes open now the effects have decreased quite a bit.

11:19 pm: Effects are becoming more signifcant, id consider being above threshold. Its somewhat difficult to focus, both visually and mentally. Im listening to Sphongle, just started listening to this stuff today; theres nothing like listening to new songs while messed up.

11:29 pm: Effects are increasing quickly. Im listening to Shpongle - The Seventh Revelation, its very relaxing; only when i concentrate tho. My head itches real bad, if i itches it just comes back worse.

11:36 pm: Im listening to Cake - Love You Madly, on my Bose QuietComfort 2 might i add. With my eyes closed i was pondering where sound is collecting; my entire head felt full of sound. I dont feel like im hearing through my ears, the music sounds like its in coming from the center of my brain and going outwards towards my ears.
Im feeling the usual DXM tingly/itching type feelings, not to bad but somewhat annoying.

11:55 pm: Effects are signifcant, im either peaking or close to it.
Its a comfortable trip, but not very pleasent, im bored. It would be more fun if i wasnt just typing and listening to music. Mentally; if im very comfortable and begin to concentrate, i feel very optomistic and im able to view my current life situations from above, with ease. I feel "disconnected" from the real, nauseus, and dizzy. Im listening to Beck, with my eyes closed the song is delivered as a shape rather than notes, certains parts of the shape will change according to the part of the song that changes; its difficult to put into words but kinda cool.

12:08 pm: The overall effects are too variable to put into words. Its entirely dependant on the setting and mind set. Its difficult to concentrate. This is my first trip report on DXM, im wondering why i ever liked doing this, very boring and weird. Its a lot better with my eyes closed, everthing is ethereal. The effects are semi-depedant on the music tho. Im gonna lay back and trip out to some Shpongle.

12:30pm: I feel im at my peak. The itching is annoying. Im listening to Shpongle - Divine Moment of Truth, its incredible. The effects change significantly depending on what im doing/listening to/etc. Ill feel like im having a bad trip, then ill start doing something else and feel completely different.

12:57pm: Getting boring, im not sure why i liked doing this drug before. Im goin to bed now, prob gonna bump some xanax. Ill update this in the morning

8:20am: Im still feeling some after-effects. My motor skills are off; eye and hand coordination. Im about to go into work, ill try and remember what time i no longer feel any effects and re-post.

9:00am: The effects seemed to deminish completely. When i first got there, i was talkin and a few words came out slurred, nothing too significant.

I have done DXM about 6 or 7 other times, each were 4oz (approx 350mg), even my first trip. On the trip before this one i did 760mg. Im glad i did this report; DXM isnt really that good, i felt i didnt have much control of my mind. Use it wisely

Edited by jst31 (02/20/06 01:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: 300mg DXM Trip [Re: Abrainspot]
    #5328317 - 02/22/06 02:55 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

weird that you got bored, i was real bored on my last dxm trip and felt like i was 100% sober the whole time.

Normally I would eat some weed then do 300mg and TRIP and have a wonderful time, so maybe it was because I didn't have weed in me or I only did 280 or so mg but.....

It can be a really good trip per se, but it doesn't seem to be that way all the time.

One of the neatest things was sitting on my computer I had the tv playing in the background, and normally when you're sober you just stop being aware of sounds becuase your brain filters them away, but as i stopped being aware of the tv instead of the sound disappearing and being filtered out, it started flanging and sounding extremely psychedelic and i was like "whoa what's that sound" then when I figured out it was the tv, i could chose to either focus on the flanging until I heard the normal sounds and could tell what the tv was saying, or focus on something else so that i could pay attention to how the sounds of the tv went from being sensibly audible to being pspychedelic gibberish.

then i had 3 hits of weed and was blasted into outer space so to speak, stilli n body of course just really tripping much harder..... I reset my personality via symbolically seeing a chalk-boarded wiped clean and felt a deeply stirring and intimate sense of peace like a childhood sleep.

i don't think the personality change lasted though, but just being able to do that was very profound... i was really oscillating in and out of existence per se, it was nutty and just from a few hits of low quality herb.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
Re: 300mg DXM Trip [Re: leery11]
    #5328695 - 02/22/06 05:17 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting. I'd imagine weed would intensify the trip but i stopped smokin bud almost a year ago. I smoked two hits of 5x salvia (through a bubbler) on a 500mg+/- trip once, one of the top most profound body/mind/space/time alterations ive ever experienced. I felt i was some type of light beam or string of energy, i cant put it into words.

The reason i think i got bored was because i had been reading a lot about DXM trips on the forum; i heard numerous people talking about how bad it is and it give them a dirty-trip, in addition to me just sittin at the computer, listening to music, surfin the net, while recording my experience. If i was chillin with a few people, or movin around doing stuff id imagine the trip would have been better. It was very variable at times, id feel great while layin back listening to Shpongle, but then id open my eyes, begin to type and the feeling would change.

I can relate, somewhat, to:

Quote:

I reset my personality via symbolically seeing a chalk-boarded wiped clean and felt a deeply stirring and intimate sense of peace like a childhood sleep

Most of my DXM trips gave me a very optomistic outlook on everything; very peaceful, no worries. After coming down; waking up the next morning id feel somewhat refreshed, not as consistantly optomistic tho.

In conclusion tho i dont think DXM should be abused, as in taking 1000mg doses on monthly basis. Using it recreationally can be ego-beneficial, but consistant use id imagine could be very brain damaging and could cause possible addiction.

InvisiblemushboyMDiscord
modboy
 User Gallery

Loc: where?
Re: 300mg DXM Trip [Re: Abrainspot]
    #5372681 - 03/06/06 10:35 PM (18 years, 26 days ago)

dude try 1gram. FUCKING WACK. it makes me feel like in 3inches tall and everything is towering above me, like a city.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds