Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineold
Stranger
En-Theo-Gen
    #536600 - 01/31/02 03:01 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Having read through this forum, I am a little amazed. The subject heading refers to a sacred heritage of the psychoactive substances: an Entheogen engenders an experience of the "divine". Sure it can just be a trip to the circus with lots of lights. But human experience has also known the psychoactive substances as a path to the threshold of the sacred.

Research suggests that only 10% or so of subjects taking psychoactive substances have such experiences, and those are usually individuals who enter the experience seeking the "sacred". But reading the posts here, one gets the impression that "10%" is a "high" number. Am I missiing something in these posts?

How many folks here have had experiences which opened them to a sense of "theos", the divine? How many approach a trip psychologically preparing for a journey into a sacred space? I know it is hard to find words for such things, but I am interested in what others have found of the "theos" in entheogens.

And for those seeking that journey: No toys required. Just set and setting. Give a week to prepare yourself -- consider where you are going. Prepare the right (and safe) environment. Being alone may be best for this journey, or with other who are similarly prepared and interested. . In the journey, don't get lost in the play of the visuals. Move through them, keep looking beyond them. There are other things waiting. Sometimes it is an incredible lucidity, that sees to the core of reality. And remembers.

Comments?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
Re: En-Theo-Gen [Re: old]
    #536634 - 01/31/02 04:34 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i am not quite sure if i have been through an experience which opened me to the divine, since i don't really know what one would consider 'the divine.' :wink:  however i do feel that i have had very spiritual experiences on mushrooms, which have taught me a lot about myself and opened me up to a whole new way of viewing the world we live in.  the last time i tripped was january 2nd of this year up at my cabin in crestline (a mountain community in the san bernadeno mountains, california).  the cabin has a balcony which overlooks a lake below and a tower 4 stories above ground level with a jacuzzi that also overlooks the same area with the lake.  it is in the middle of the forrest with large pines all around... beautiful.  the trip was wonderful and left me with tons of positive energy.  i spent the time with my three best friends and it was a great experience.

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineNextGenHippie
enthusiast
Loc: MD, USA
Re: En-Theo-Gen [Re: old]
    #537099 - 01/31/02 05:44 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I have a lot of divine moments on almost any entheogen you care to name.

--------------------
[pot]Think left and think right[pot]
[pot]and think low and think high[pot]
[pot]Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try[pot]
-Dr. Seuss

OfflineMissFiringNeuron

Loc: Ny, and the Gulf Coast
Re: En-Theo-Gen [Re: NextGenHippie]
    #537578 - 02/01/02 07:23 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I know quite a few people who have had many a "religious" experience on a number of entheogens but they didn't learn a way of communicating it until much later

--------------------
You cannot use butterfly language to communicate with caterpillar

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract