Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelmttmyway
Stranger
shrooms found in dung
    #5370375 - 03/06/06 10:42 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Back in the late 80s, I lived in Hawaii. A friend of mine told me any shrooms growing in cow dung, where safe to eat. Is this true? I will be in central Florida the second week in April and was wondering if this rule of thumb holds true? would like to gather some for my dehydrator. Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: shrooms found in dung [Re: lmttmyway]
    #5370381 - 03/06/06 10:44 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Untrue. There are thousands upon thousands of species of fungi, many of which will live off manure and feces, that doesn't mean those are all psilocybin or psychoactive, nor does it mean they're safe to eat.

I'd suggest getting a few field manuals first, reading up on all mushrooms, their life cycle, etc, before eating any type of mushroom you find. Many can look like psychoactive or edibles, but be deadly toxic.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: shrooms found in dung [Re: Maverick]
    #5370637 - 03/06/06 11:58 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

There are thousands upon thousands of species of fungi, many of which will live off manure and feces

There are less than 3 dozen mushrooms which live off cow manure. They belong tot he Panaeolus/Coprinus/Anellaria/Copelandia, Conocybe, Bolbitius and Psilocybe genera.

Only three species should concern you.

P. cubensis and or P/ subcubensis, Copelandia species and the singular species Panaeolus subbalteatus, the latter you probably will not find any quantity in manure heap of cattle.

More common for the sub in rotted hay.

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract