Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineZahid
Stranger
Do you regret the bad trips?
    #535348 - 01/29/02 09:34 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Alot of my friends who have seen me have extremely bad trips often say things like "Man, seven grams wasted." and you can see how some people would think that: You bought $70 worth of mushrooms or $60 dollars worth of LSD and now all you're feeling is complete torment and hell inside your head. But I have never regreted the few bad trips that I've had (usually I have bad trips when I under estimate the potency of the mushrooms I'm buying) because in the end, they seem to always be the most enligthening. Your thoughts?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineskaMariaPastora
Utopiate
Loc: MA
Re: Do you regret the bad trips? [Re: Zahid]
    #535352 - 01/29/02 09:42 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I've always thought the same thing, but coming from someone who's never had a full blown bad trip I don't know how much its worth. A trip is a learning experience, no matter what happens. If you have a bad time you'll obviously learn different things than when you have a good time but you still get something out of it.

Offlinepharmacopeia

Loc: Canada
    #535542 - 01/30/02 01:23 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

There is no such thing as a bad trip to me. I believe in more difficult experiences but I've kind of looked beyond that lately. What do you even define a bad trip? Scary visuals? Whenever I see something evil or "scary" when I'm shrooming I usually laugh at it and think of something else. So what else would make it bad? Nausea? That's what pepto bismol is for.

I could understand if someone was basically slapped in the face with everything they do wrong on a daily basis it could be classified as "bad" but to me an experience like that is good for the person, a time for change.

--------------------
W A R N I N G
This signature message for YOU is formulated to GRAB your ATTENTION and.. allow your mind to sink deeper and deeper within itself.. right now.. as your eyes ROOOOOLL over this text you may even notice.. your breathing starts slow down.. and you.. allow yourself to.. become calm and relaxed.. and you'll.. feel drenched in a warm and fuzzy energy.. and every time you read this message, you might.. feel that same warm and buzzing energy getting stronger and thicker..

-
"I had a friend once who told me that the worst mistake that you can make is to think that you are alive, when really you're asleep in life's waiting room." -waking life

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Do you regret the bad trips? [Re: pharmacopeia]
    #535573 - 01/30/02 02:00 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

MAn, i had the trip of a lifetime. I went to heaven, i went to hell, i went to insanity. After i did it, i was not concerned about money, i was concerned about life. I was scared as shit to walk to talk to sleep. If i was htinkign about osmeting i was ok, but as soon as my mind got a spare moment to THINK i was insane. This went on for months, i would cry myself to sleep, i got real into the spirituality thing looking for a reason. It was a compelte mindfuck. Ive come to terms with it/forgoten it. It taught me more than anything ever could. It was my ultimate lesson. At the time i hated it, i hated it and hated it. Now i cant remember much of it and i wish i documented it more. Things work in weird ways. You can always learn from everything, just may not know it :smile:

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Do you regret the bad trips? [Re: tak]
    #535575 - 01/30/02 02:03 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

When you said theres no such hting as a bad trip, whats bas nausia, or seeing somethign scary? it gets alot worse than 'seeing' stuff, your mind can bring you more fear, more pain, more anything than physically possible. Infinate amounts of pain, it controls it. It just knows how to use it normally. Dont think that theres no such thing, cause when it happens you will be killing yourself to escape it ... if you are coherant

--------------------

OfflineZahid
Stranger
Re: Do you regret the bad trips? [Re: pharmacopeia]
    #536452 - 01/30/02 11:31 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Scary visuals, bad emotions I can deel with and easily overcome while tripping. I'm talking about the insanity trips, where you feel like you're on the edge of losing your mind. That bad feeling you get that you're slipping nothingness.

--------------------

Invisibleslushie9090
Re: Do you regret the bad trips? *DELETED* [Re: Zahid]
    #537035 - 01/31/02 04:11 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Rin

Reason for deletion: .

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Do you regret the bad trips? [Re: slushie9090]
    #537123 - 01/31/02 06:11 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Insanity trips suck! Ever watch Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Somewhere in there he says he was meditating, and the truth he found was pretty fucked up. Thats scary too! It takes a while to recover some some shit that big, sometimes even a lifetime. Whoa.

--------------------

OfflineAbstractSoul

#537497 - 02/01/02 02:29 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

i dont regret my bad trips at all. at the time of them i did of course, but afterwards they were experiences im glad to of had. and yeah, it was a lot more than scrary visuals. it was like all the bad feelings i've ever had multiplied 10 times, all at once. i think they helped changed me and my outlook on life for the better though.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------
house is a spiritual thing
---------------------------------------------

OfflineDopefiend
    #538298 - 02/02/02 01:43 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

The ONLY trip I've had so far was a bad trip.
It was my first time, and I made the mistake of taking way, way too much...its really a rather interesting story, if anyone's interested I'd be glad to tell it...
In any event, I ended up taking 7grams of extremely potent shit and it was only my first time. Suffice to say, it was the strongest and most language-defying experience of my short life...
Happened about 3 weeks ago, and I'm still sort of hovering in the aftermath, trying to sort out my life. There have definetely been some changes for the better...my grades have improved, and I tend to have a more positive outlook on certain things...but I can't shake the feeling that I'll never be the same again, and that my interpersonal relationships have become dull and unemotional. The thing about bad trips, I guess, is that they tend to trascend the whole "lets see how fucked up we can get for shits and giggles, after all its only a drug" or (in my case) "lets have some fun and expand our awareness in the process" and turns into a "holy fucking shit, my life will never be the same thing." Its almost like you stop viewing psychedelics as a drug...cause really the psychedelic experience is too profound, too INSANE (for lack of a better word) to merely be shrugged off as getting "really fucked up" as one might say with marijuana/alcohol etc.
In my case (probably because of my young age, but who knows) all I am sure of right now is that I'm not sure of anything..heh...its sort of like an overload of information, more than we're programmed to digest at once.
Anyway though to answer the conclusion directly I'd say that while my bad trip has made me , at least on the surface, a more successful, goal-oriented individual, I also fear I've taken a bigger bite than I can swallow and that I have become emotionally dull and negatively rewired. The other day my mom was crying in front of me (something she very rarely does) and even though I wasn't angry with her or anything like that, I actually fucking LAUGHED. I didn't want to, I felt so bad, but I did. It scared the hell out of me, I felt so cold and emotionally hollow...here the woman who gave me birth was in tears and I was trying hard not to laugh...and the worst part of all is I have no idea why. On the surface I'm definetely a better person, but I feel like a rampaging breed of insanity has been unleashed on me and is brewing just under the surface...

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #538358 - 02/02/02 03:26 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Nah, I've never seen my bad trips as a waste of money. I've had 7 bad trips in my life, of, around 330 - 370 trips (30 - 35 acid trips, 10 - 20 mushy, 15 morning glory, 275 - 300 DXM).

The first bad trip I ever had was off 4 hits of really good acid, and it was one of the most intense hallucinogenic experiences I've ever had. I remember being able to see through walls, and kept hearing loud, metallic pounding noises emanating from all over the place. It was really anxiety provoking, but I lived through it. The fact that I suffered, means very little. I definately don't regret it. Actually on the six year anniversary (it occured Friday, December 13, 1996), Friday, December 13, 2002 I plan on "revisiting" that night so to speak. Hopefully I'll be able to get acid for that occasion. I might even try getting the same friend who trip sat me to be present on that night.

I had two bad trip on mushrooms. One occured during the summer of 1997, I believe. It was simply depressing. I remember crying a lot after watching Forrest Gump and feeling that my life was a waste of time. The second one occured about a year and a half ago. I sort of ate some fresh shrooms after school one day when I found that they were ready. I wasn't really prepared to trip. It was also depressing. I definately didn't see those as regretful. If anything it taught me that mushrooms amplify your mood, and don't work like alcohol. LOL!

I had one terrible trip on morning glory seeds. My hands hurt all night and I kept thinking that I was dying. I would run my hands under hot water to dialate the veins in them (my hands looked purple, and I'm not sure if I was hallucinating this or not). Whenever I went back to my room and laid down I would hallucinate a big scenario about an ambulance coming. That trip didn't suck the whole night, but it's the closest I've come to actually regretting a bad trip.

I've had three bad DXM trips in my life. One I had taken 100mg of diphenhydramine a few hours before and took around 750mg of DXM (10mg/kg). I had really powerful hallucinations. The hallucinations were very personally disturbing to me: they played on really personal, upsetting themes in my life. I couldn't tell if they were real or not and the whole experience was frightening, confusing, and upsetting.
Another one consisted of me taking 20mg/kg (1500mg) within 12 hours and losing almost entire contact with my body, except for this sensation of tightness in my chest. I thought I'd have to go to the hospital. It was winter and I walked around with a t-shirt on most of the time. The whole unpleasant physical symptoms only lasted about an hour but the hallucinations were also a bit too strong for my liking at that point.
The other bad trip was on around 12mg/kg when my friend broke his nose. It was ultra confusing and I blanked out a few times and could barely speak and it was tough getting to a hospital.

Sorry, this is more about what my bad trips have been like than if I regret them. I just want to point out that no matter *why* they seemed to occur or what the content of those bad trips were, I never regretted them.

Offlinewildflower1975
Stranger
Loc: Farnborough England
Re: Do you regret the bad trips? [Re: Kid]
    #538807 - 02/02/02 06:36 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I agree with someonre above in the posts where the bad trips helped build them a s a person
I manitain that I have never had a bad trip, maybe a scary trip, not like dragons and shit shit chasing me down the street, more like undercover cops, accentuqting paranoiia to the extreme. Of course i can't proove that they were undercover cops because there was no one else seeing what I could see and therefore verifying the experience, much like my experinces with telepathy, but that, another story
all the "bad trips" are Dharma ( making up for bad Karma)

--------------------
real life is hard after you have seen Nirvana

I am All I know

Offlinebedetached
supercalifragolisticexpialidocious

Loc: your mind
Re: Do you regret the bad trips? [Re: wildflower1975]
    #538959 - 02/03/02 12:14 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

never regreted a bad trip, mind fucks are the worse, but its true that coming down everything shifts down and you relax again, and learn sometimes even more than if you haddnt have had a bad trip. the end justifies the means. ive tripped so many times, and never once have i had a bad trip while i was tripping alone.

--------------------
through our senses the world appears. through our reactions we create delusions. without reactions the world becomes clear.

OfflineMickyFinn
Fuck the DJ
Loc: VA Beach VA
Re: Do you regret the bad trips? [Re: wildflower1975]
    #539846 - 02/04/02 12:53 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

here's my story, my only and worst bad trip was about 4 years ago, i moved to radford univ in Va with my x girlfriend, she ended up leaving me there with the promise that she just needed some time to think about our relationship, she came to visist with a new guy, i saw what was up. i ate 5 sugar cubes triple dipped. the only thing i could think about was her sexing that guy, so, go figure, that trip really sucked. i had close friends around, they took me to a party, i sat in a chair and put off such negative energy, people gave me a five foot radius, anyone who stepped into that circle could feel negativity. i remember sitting in this chair, i remember a close friend that i actually recognized at the time, tap my best friend who also went to radford and my brother who also attended, and they dropped there drinks grabbed me and dragged me out the house before i completely lost it, i remember getting outside, puking, which was interesting while tripping and grabbing someones car tire (the vehicle was parked) while i cried the hardest i ever had in my life, my brother and my two friends kept everyone in the house with the threat of heavy retaliation if they didnt stay in the house while they talked me down. i remeber my brother telling me that chapter of my life was finished, time for the next one. that calmed me, i left the party with my best friend, he took care of me, although he pissed me off when he told me i should watch mall rats, cuz i never saw it before, it was alright, except dude got his girl back in the end, which put me back into depression. anyways, that was my worst trip, and maybe my best, because i realized life was longer than what i was making it out to be, she just wasnt for me, i have found the one and i am much happier than i ever have been. just my story.

Offlinehhhp
Stranger

#23996824 - 01/09/17 10:25 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

I hate bad trips and wastes of money and time.  When I dedicate a night to one drug, and it doesn't work I get pissed.  On the other hand if the shit is toxic, I get just as pissed.

OfflineJan Van Hunks
The legend
Male

Loc: The seven seas
Re: Do you regret the bad trips? [Re: hhhp]
    #23999596 - 01/10/17 09:33 PM (7 years, 3 months ago)

The bad trips are usually good reminders of bad decisions made while sober. Decisions about life choices of decisions about being ME in spite of the world. Fears. Inhibitions. Demons and memories you will never forget. Mushrooms at times can throw this in your face as a way to force you to deal with it.

sink or swim.

Once you face it and realize you didn't die. You can continue living, hopefully with a little less anxiety in life.

--------------------
When you see the clouds on table mountain, you'll know we're at it again.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds