Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
Just ordered some Salvia... Should I use alone?
    #5365311 - 03/04/06 06:10 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Hey everyone.

My curiousity regarding Salvia finally got the better of me and I have just ordered some 15x from here.

I've read a lot regarding Salvia, including effects, trip reports, etc.  even watched a documentary on it, but I still have a couple of questions.

I was wondering whether I should wait until someone can 'sit' for me during the experience, or whether I should be okay alone?  I've read contradicting informations, some that gives me the impression that a person under the effects of Salvia cannot move, whilst another source stated that some people get up and wander around without knowing they are doing it, and therefore it's a good idea to have someone there to stop you from doing that.

I only have experience with mushrooms (11 trips over 14 months) and marijuana (about 12 months, once every two weeks average)...  But I am very comfortable tripping alone on these, usually more so than when I am with someone else (even someone who I really trust).

Also, it should work from a water bong right?  My understanding is that most people use a pipe, but I only have a bong.

Finally, how is music with Salvia?  I have had some pretty profound experiences whilst listening to some music on mushrooms and marijuana, but I have read that Salvia is best experienced in silence?  If I were to use music, I would only use very quiet, calming, background music, but right now I'm thinking it might be better to go with the advice of silence, just to be safe. :smile:

Cheers,
Martin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan Flag
Re: Just ordered some Salvia... Should I use alone? [Re: TurricaN]
    #5365346 - 03/04/06 06:20 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

youre going to smoke it, then youre going to turn into a mental wheel of fortune.
music is pretty much moot. you could groove as easily to a barking dog.

it happens so fast you instanly are caught unaware and genuinely surprized at its power.

were talking TRUE POWER.

like if god were to appear and stab away the ultimately breif and forgettable illusion of sanity.

and in a timeless vortex, you find yourself inseparable to pulling amorphic forces pulsating grid lines accross your vision. your point of view becomes fragmented untill you see from thousands of eyes on thousands of faces. each looking at itself.

i suggest a sitter.

and i suggest you make sure you pick someone who wont let you start diving into the china cabinet.

if you ARE one of the wanderers, inform your sitter (or preferable at least two sitters) that they have your permission to restrain you. you wont care, youll struggle, but you wont even know it. while they try to hold your arms back all youll feel is the unedited insanity youre currently experiening. you might try to walk into walls or just spin around in circles, falling down and flailing things off shelves.

you probably will not remember anything from the time of smoking to the time you start to return to reality.
the stuff you see, it doesn't make enough sence to translate to memore effectively.

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
Re: Just ordered some Salvia... Should I use alone? [Re: TurricaN]
    #5365363 - 03/04/06 06:23 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

i'd like to comment about music and salvia
i've done salvia without playing music and done it with music
i find that if i listen to something heavy-rock like it affects the surroundings
i tried listning to dark side of the moon once and couldnt find it as enjoyable as i would on a mushroom trip
so i put in some Hendrix and hit my bong i think twice n before i knew it i was wondering thru my house in some sort of drug induced frenzy wondering what the hell all the these people in my living room were wispering about
needless to say there was nobody there
i do remember with the music in the background it sounded very far away like i was in a large hall

whatever you decide
its up to you
IMO salvia doesnt require a sitter
thats just my opinion

--------------------
Been you to have any spike, man?.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Just ordered some Salvia... Should I use alone? [Re: RandomHero]
    #5365382 - 03/04/06 06:29 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

some dark jungle like ANDY C works really well with salvia.

and dont tell anyone to restrain you. geez...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: Just ordered some Salvia... Should I use alone? [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5365476 - 03/04/06 06:53 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

yeah, fine, dive through your entertainment stack, thats what the real trippers do.

OfflineNirvana7
stupid doodiehead, class 7
Male

#5365484 - 03/04/06 06:54 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

i dont suggest trying a new drug alone, or atleast not completly alone. what you need to do is get a friend to stay home and watch a movie or somthing whilst you trip and set it up so that you can call him/her and they come over in a matter of minutes. this way you can be alone but still have someone there if you need them, the only problem is you might not be able to work a phone....so you need to be able to get incontact with them somehow. although like i said, you might not even be able to move much less operate a phone, so be wary of this.

--------------------
________zombie_________

??????? ??  :bubs:??????????:tombstone:

Nirvana7=the enlightenment AND the band

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

Re: Just ordered some Salvia... Should I use alone? [Re: Nirvana7]
    #5365553 - 03/04/06 07:20 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

equal.... what is "dark jungle" sounds interesting.

--------------------
"When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into anther brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing" - Kevin Herbert

"Psychedelics let you see the world through a child's eye."

"Experience the liquid realm..."

"The evolution of mankind is in the alteration of consciousness" - Dr. Albert Hofmann

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Just ordered some Salvia... Should I use alone? [Re: Mitchnast]
    #5365590 - 03/04/06 07:33 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
yeah, fine, dive through your entertainment stack, thats what the real trippers do.

LOL is that what you did?

have yet to see anyone (who isn't in a large body of water) nearly hurt themselves or break anything but the pipe on salvia. Being restrained would be a shitty trip for sure.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

#5365630 - 03/04/06 07:53 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

no, but the last time i was with someone who had some of my 20X, me and another guy had to restrain him.

he started by trying to climb the stuff on the walls, tearing it down, then he stumbled backwards over a table covered with cds and a crystal vase, also some wine glasses, I managed to catch them.
next he headded for the hallway, but he wasn't going in a straight line, he was spinning, and his arms were flailing,
he sorta crashed into the wall knocking over some paintings, and then smashed into the other wall. he just kept running in tiny circles, always looking over his shoulder and twisting his body. we joined hands around him to keep him from hurting himself and breaking stuff. he spun and twisted frantically, and eventually he tried to squirm away, but he couldnt figure out how to.
I grabbed his arm and he looked at my hand and pulled it away. then he put his hand BACK in my hand and pulled it away again. then he started flapping it up and down to keep it free.
I was patting him on the back and telling him it was gonna be ok, the other guy was trying to make eye contact and kept saying in a firm voice "GO WITH IT, JUST LET GO AND GO WITH IT"
at this time we forcibly say him down. he stopped struggling and soon he was sitting in his own, this is after about 5 mins.
he started looking around and his eyes finally seemed to be seing stuff as opposed to glazed over with emotionless intensity.

then he said something like "OH FUCK WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!"
and we all cheered.

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
    #5365651 - 03/04/06 08:03 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Yeah, I've had mixed results with first timers, it seems generally, if they are indoors sitting down, they wont venture too far from that spot, maybe fall on the floor and roll around, or drop their knees. Every time outdoors, everyone takes off and runs around doing weird shit.

1 of my friends took 2 big rips, stumbled backwards, and exclaimed "I FEEL IT!!" and he turned around and looked right at this pond, and I instantly think "Oh shit" and I take after him, but he was the high schools starting running back, so really not much I could do, I got one string of his hoody and yanked on it, it was enough to pull his upper body back a little bit, before his force yanked it out of my hand, and he just stumbled his way in, and at one point tried to dive in it, luckily it was just 3 feet deep. He however got his cell and his wallet soaked.

He then spent the next 15 minutes rolling around in mud and sand, waiting for the comedown, wishing he was dead. Salvia makes for some interesting shit.

Edited by TheMadConductor (03/04/06 08:05 PM)

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#5365652 - 03/04/06 08:04 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

LMFAO!

thats why you dont fight it! HAHAHHAHAHAH!

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineClammyJoe
Azurescen Head
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PNW
    #5365763 - 03/04/06 08:46 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

EquilibriuM said:
LMFAO!

thats why you dont fight it! HAHAHHAHAHAH!

Yeah I like to help people out who do it for the first time, because when I did, I'll tell you all frankly, I was in no way no prepared in the least, It was one of the scariest experiences of my life. Apparently I asked several times rather inquisitively if I was "High as fuck?", I was searching reassurance that it would be over soon, but all my friends (None of them are experienced psychedelic users) just stood and fucking laughed at me, IMO one of the worst things to do for someone on a bad trip, but yeah, when I eventually started to come down, I just went from couch to couch saying "I wasn't ready for this" and eventually I came to, and everything got really hot and it was pretty fucking irritating. I remember my friend yelling at the top of his lungs after taking off both his hoody and his shirt "ITS FUCKING HOT IN HERE!" (It was probably about 36F degree actually) and he then came to realization that he had arms. Salvia is a mysterious plant.

On salvia, the best thing you can do for someone is tell them its gonna be OK soon, and to just hang in there.

Edited by TheMadConductor (03/04/06 08:46 PM)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Just ordered some Salvia... Should I use alone? [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #5366534 - 03/05/06 05:09 AM (18 years, 28 days ago)

sitters are valuable.
i prefer if they are in a different room.

in all things
try not to be too involved with issues and complications. no sitter can be ok.
for 15x start with 1/50th of a gram in that pipe, I would use no water in a water pipe and a regular lighter, I would draw hard and consume the small amount in a short single inhallation and hold it 20 seconds.

I would lie down.
let go and be open, keep on letting go, and keep on letting go.

entertainment stack is an interesting term.
everything becomes the "entertainment stack"
all impressions stack up and resonate longer
instead of fading very fast as per waking consciousness.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblecricket
Lord Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: in my house, in front of ...
Re:YES.!!! GET A SITTER!!! OR BECOME A STATISTIC!!! [Re: TurricaN]
    #5366905 - 03/05/06 10:04 AM (18 years, 28 days ago)

First few times I tried it I got NO effects. I was starting to doubt the Power of salvia was real. One day I was home alone, and bored, A dangerous combo. So I desided to give it one more go.
I took two hits. Didn't feel anything until about 20 30 seconds after I exhaled the second hit. Just enough time to think to myself, "Why isn't it working? Should I take one more? Why can't I feel anyth.... WOW"
Another demention, or a parallel universe made of fuzzy jello rolled over my brain and swallowed me whole.
By the time my mind caught up with the experience, I was standing at the top of my stairs. Having a discusion with me. I was telling Myself that I could probably make it, and Myself was telling me That I probably shouldn't try it yet. It could be dangerous. Luckily I was hit with a spell of extra gravity on only my entire left side of my body. I had just enough time to get back to my bed before I couldn't fight the gavity any more.
When Sally finaly let me screw my brain back in, I realized how close I was to becoming a DEA satistic, used to outlaw this powerfull magic.
I WILL NEVER USE SALVIA WITH OUT A SITTER!

WARNING: She can turn a flight of stairs into an open field. An electrical outlet can become a vending machine, just as fast as a screwdriver can change into a quater. 2nd story windows can turn into hallways, and hallways can become giant mouths waiting to chew you up and spit you back out coated in salvia saliva.

The effects don't last very long. It doesn't take very long to fuck yourself up either.
Be safe.

--------------------
I tried to leave my signature but it didn't work...
By the way... Does anybody know how to get sharpie markers off of a computer screen?

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re:YES.!!! GET A SITTER!!! OR BECOME A STATISTIC!!! [Re: cricket]
    #5367175 - 03/05/06 11:53 AM (18 years, 28 days ago)

who said anything about him being a frist timer, hes done it more than me.

OfflineNico
Stranger
Female
Loc: Eugene, Oregon USA
    #5367238 - 03/05/06 12:15 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Wow, those are some interesting stories. I myself have only tried salvia once and it was a great experience. I did have a couple of people there just incase but I just stayed in my chair anyways. I couldn't move at all. Personally I would say that it probably is best to have someone there to watch you but not totally necesary. I think you're going to have to make that judgement for yourself.
<3~Nico~

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Re:YES.!!! GET A SITTER!!! OR BECOME A STATISTIC!!! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #5367304 - 03/05/06 12:52 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Salvia.  Hmmmm.... I personally never use a sitter.  I have got some non-standardized 10x, and it is fucked.  In a good way of course.  I have had some really wild experiences on this stuff.  Never smoked it outside, only somewhere I can lay down.  At first I found the temptation to get up a walk around overwhelming, but after semi-frequent use, I learned that the best, most insightful trips come with the lights off, and good music playing, all while lying down somewhere comfortable.  Here is my last trip:  (Just a note, when I say I was something, I was not thinking I was that object, I simply was that object, complete ego dissolution)

I took my hit, and proceeded to lay there.  As it started kicking in, I remember feeling like I was on a ferris wheel.  That quickly turned into me existing as a bicycle spoke going around in a wheel, which then turned into one of those garden hose reels that you can wind up with a handle.  I then remember entering into the hose as water, and flowing through this multi colored tunnel that truly seemed to represent this inside of a garden hose.  Then and I rushed through the hose, I saw a light appoaching, and I kew that it was the end of the hose.  I flew out in a blast of color like sunshine making rainbows in the mist.  I saw this 50 something women in a yellow hat standing in her garden watering her flowers, and I was the water.  I quickly poured down like rain, and entered into one of the dandilions, and saw and experienced the entire existance of a plant.  I went through the stem, and dispersed into the ground where all became brown like clay.  I then saw this women I have met before, whom I refer to as Lady Salvia. and we proceeded to have a coherent conversation about how happy she was that I came to see her. 

Anyways, after all that, I opened my eyes, and let out my usual post-salvia "What the fuck!  That was fucking awesome!" cry and just like that, it was over.  In the trip, it felt like eternity would feel if it were made of flowers, after the trip, it felt like 5 mintues max had gone by.  In reality, it was the duration of 2 songs on the John Scofield Uberjam album (best salvia music IMHO) 

So my main point here is, if you can will yourself to stay in a reclined position, and keep your eyes closed, I see no reason to have a sitter.  But thats just me.

Regarding music, I see it having a very complimentary effect.  For me, music influences the trip in a very big way.  It is actually rather cool.  Each CD I listen to has its own unique experience, and when I say unique, I mean like the difference between mushrooms vs. acid vs. mescaline vs. ayahuasca unique. Each CD is its own trip. Its totally wild.  The silent trip is great too.  You create your own musical cacophney of sounds that if you want, can give you a good beat to follow just by tapping your foot.  The salvia experience is so vast and limitless that I could go on forever describing it, but I wont. 

It is a great substance.  Though not a social or recreational kind of thing, though it can be fun with a few close friends.

:heart:Peace:heart:

:hippie:

OfflineYayitsme
10-56
Male
Re: Just ordered some Salvia... Should I use alone? [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #5367349 - 03/05/06 01:11 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

I'm a wanderer on salvia, I do it quite wrecklessly, and in my experiences someone trying to restrain you is just a candle in the wind...

--------------------
He aint got a cent, supposed to go to management but he spent it getting bent.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Re: Just ordered some Salvia... Should I use alone? [Re: Yayitsme]
    #5367413 - 03/05/06 01:35 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

yes, thats what i mean, if you are tripped out enough that you NEED to be restrained, it wont matter. you aint gonna get anywhere useful anyway. and restraint sorta hits you as an ant in a feild of rampaging barbwire tornados.

you really aren't gonna care too much.

Offlineagoutihead
Male User Gallery

#5367778 - 03/05/06 03:32 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

elgr.... why do you say not to use water in a water bong for 15x.... i have that 20x i was going to use that outta a water bong.

--------------------
"When I'm on LSD and hearing something that's pure rhythm, it takes me to another world and into anther brain state where I've stopped thinking and started knowing" - Kevin Herbert

"Psychedelics let you see the world through a child's eye."

"Experience the liquid realm..."

"The evolution of mankind is in the alteration of consciousness" - Dr. Albert Hofmann

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom