Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
The Cow Patty and the Fish Tank
    #5357798 - 03/02/06 02:39 PM (18 years, 30 days ago)

The fish tank and the cow pattys..
Last year I toyed with pattys a bit and figured quite a bit out.
This year I think I will be able to produce some cool photos of some of the most beautiful Texas Cubensis..
Last Sunday my trip buddy and I set out on a rather momentus hunt.
He has been haveing luck with this spot and the Cubes it produces are in the the ***** rateings..
So we figured we would bring home a few large healthy pattys to continue the grow in the Garden.
Well The first night I set them in the flower beds only to find that the small snails and slugs must have seen me comeing.. Man the first two pattys were hammered and were covered the next day with a mile of slime trails..
SO I pulled them and crumbled them into a box with a black plastic trash bag as a liner and I watch the moisture.. Today the Mycelium is takeing off and will soon take over the contents of the box.. I will use that box of spawn to fruit in the flower beds after I clear the pest problem.
Ok so then the other two pattys I stuck in the fish tank..
This is where I get the most viggorus growth.. The temps are in teh high 80's and the humidity is up over 90%... The cubes haul ass and the patty flushes over and over.. When it slows down it will end up in the flower beds also..
Ok well thats about it. I hope you like the pics and I will have more to come as the grow grows :wink:
Dont be shy to bring home a patty or two.. It has taught me alot about the life of MUSHROOMS :wink:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Edited by YESSUP (03/03/06 02:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevehementz
4 hundred andtwenty gnomes
Male
Re: Patty Project 101 [Re: YESSUP]
    #5357947 - 03/02/06 03:16 PM (18 years, 30 days ago)

Beautiful!
absoulutely beautiful.

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
    #5357955 - 03/02/06 03:18 PM (18 years, 30 days ago)

:thumbup:Man, lots of Myc. growing on the top of that patty!!

I wonder if the pie is basically solid with it.  If so you should get some huge flushes!!

Great MycoPRoN!

Keep us posted on the yield...

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Trusted Identifier
    #5358082 - 03/02/06 03:50 PM (18 years, 30 days ago)

Cool,
thanks for more pics.
:laugh:

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Re: Patty Project 101 [Re: eris]
    #5361856 - 03/03/06 02:52 PM (18 years, 29 days ago)

Here is The round of pics for today...

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
    #5361912 - 03/03/06 03:08 PM (18 years, 29 days ago)

That is truly amazing. I am awed and jealous at the same time.

xmush

OfflinexNerox
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Katy, Tx
Re: Patty Project 101 [Re: xmush]
    #5362173 - 03/03/06 04:28 PM (18 years, 29 days ago)

I'll be starting my own cow patty project pretty soon myself. I hope I have the same luck. We will see though. :smile: Congrats on the growth.

OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

Re: Patty Project 101 [Re: xNerox]
    #5362212 - 03/03/06 04:42 PM (18 years, 29 days ago)

Oh man I have been thinking about ddoing this for some time. Now that I see this thread I am certainly going to do it. I will be putting some pattys placed into a tray on my balcony. How much and how often do I have to water it though? How do I get maximum results? Please help me out mate.

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Re: Patty Project 101 [Re: Mr_Psilocin]
    #5362271 - 03/03/06 04:59 PM (18 years, 29 days ago)

Fill some clay pots with dirt to the top..
Place the pattys on top and water daily or every other day depending on the weather conditions..
Moist not wet...
Make sure you have a patty that has active mycelium..
don't let it dry out and it should flush a couple times..
I cant tell you how to get the maximum results I'm still working on that my self :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
    #5363131 - 03/03/06 09:57 PM (18 years, 29 days ago)

Nice shot of that arial myc. :thumbup:
an the moist garbage bag, gotta love it  :grin:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Offlinebluengreen
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The Cow Patty and the Fish Tank [Re: YESSUP]
    #5363297 - 03/03/06 10:38 PM (18 years, 29 days ago)

Hey ,im from PNW is it possible to just get cow shit and put in the right conditions and watch shit grown out of it????
lol

InvisiblegeorgeM
Human
 User Gallery

Loc: Osage Cuestas
Trusted Identifier
Re: The Cow Patty and the Fish Tank [Re: bluengreen]
    #5363531 - 03/04/06 12:44 AM (18 years, 29 days ago)

not exactly bluengreen... would be nice if mushrooms would manifest on cow manure given the right conditions however it doesn't work that way. the mushroom organism has to be living within... mushrooms are just the portion of the organism that we are able to easily see. there is an extensive network of mycelium growing underground and within the cow manure... in simple terms this is something like a root system and composes the greatest bulk of the mushroom organism. without this preexisting in the manure you are not going to have mushrooms? unless by some chance spores softly land upon the cow manure you are tending to and manage to take hold? despite absolutely astronomical odds? especially considering you live in the pnw where cubensis don?t occur. If you want to grow you will have to acquire spores, a pressure cooker, and all the other mad scientist accoutrements and go through the process. Check the cultivation forum.. Growing mushrooms really can be a barrel of laughs.
georgem

Offlinekyleushardcore
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The Cow Patty and the Fish Tank [Re: georgeM]
    #5364546 - 03/04/06 01:01 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

i got got alot of horse poo from my friends horse and i got spores could i do this?

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Re: The Cow Patty and the Fish Tank [Re: kyleushardcore]
    #5364566 - 03/04/06 01:11 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Chances are slim..
Your better off colonizing the spoors to BRF and then take the colonized cake and mix it with that poo..
Trying to spoor shit is a long shot ...

--------------------

Offlinekyleushardcore
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5364577 - 03/04/06 01:16 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

i got some growing there on day 2 lol but when there all fluched out i geuss ill go make a shit bed

Offlinekyleushardcore
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#5364579 - 03/04/06 01:16 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

how did he do that?

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

#5364645 - 03/04/06 01:46 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Would this work?
I get me some horse shit with cubensis growing out of them and take half a foot of the dirt under neath the patty. Take it home and put it into plastic containers. Put a 1/3 foot layer of dirt into a container and then place the patty on top. Put the containers on my balcony which gets sun all day long. Then I spray the patty's with BOTTLED water and keep them wet this way until I start seeing pins. When I see pins I water more often. As I mentioned it will be in a plastic container on my balcony. A lot of sun will shine on them too.

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Re: The Cow Patty and the Fish Tank [Re: Mr_Psilocin]
    #5364695 - 03/04/06 02:00 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Mr_Psilocin said:
Would this work?
I get me some horse shit with cubensis growing out of them and take half a foot of the dirt under neath the patty. Take it home and put it into plastic containers. Put a 1/3 foot layer of dirt into a container and then place the patty on top. Put the containers on my balcony which gets sun all day long. Then I spray the patty's with BOTTLED water and keep them wet this way until I start seeing pins. When I see pins I water more often. As I mentioned it will be in a plastic container on my balcony. A lot of sun will shine on them too.

Please don't take this the wrong way but you need to read up on the mushrooms you seek..

Taking a patty from the pasture that already has mushrooms on it is all I have done..
Throw the stinking thing under a few bushes in your flower beds not in the full sun.. Keep them moist not wet and let them alone to do what they do....

--------------------

OfflineHtownCattleranch
Herper
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Houston
    #5365030 - 03/04/06 04:07 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

You definitely have a bit of scientist in you. Good job on your findings. I think I would get thrown out of my house if I brought some of the cow shit from our fields indoors.

--------------------
JUST BANG IT OUT!

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Re: Patty Project 101 [Re: HtownCattleranch]
    #5365036 - 03/04/06 04:10 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Ahhh ya know its in the garage :wink:

--------------------

OfflineHtownCattleranch
Herper
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Houston
    #5365146 - 03/04/06 04:48 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

I can relate. I thought the same thing last spring (take some shit indoors). It lasted about 1 hour. Either it stayed outside or I slept outside with it. You know how women can be. Needless to say that was the end of that. That's why I'm glad to see what your results were.

--------------------
JUST BANG IT OUT!

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

#5365404 - 03/04/06 06:34 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

YESSUP said:
Quote:

Mr_Psilocin said:
Would this work?

Please don't take this the wrong way but you need to read up on the mushrooms you seek..

Taking a patty from the pasture that already has mushrooms on it is all I have done..
Throw the stinking thing under a few bushes in your flower beds not in the full sun.. Keep them moist not wet and let them alone to do what they do....

What do you mean? I know what cubensis looks like and have hunted and consumed them many times before. Are you also saying that I have to place the container into the shade? I don't have a garden and this would be the only thing I could do..

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #5365712 - 03/04/06 08:31 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

nd yuou do not need a layer of dirt under the cow pie. However, it is easier to just go int he field and pick them

mj. ALso, not every cow pie is going to produce mushrooms, even uin a field where many do produce mushrooms. So you never really know whch ones will produce.

Also when there are many Panaeolus antillarum in the filed or area, then most likely there will not be any cubes or copes or vice versa.

mj

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: The Cow Patty and the Fish Tank [Re: mjshroomer]
    #5366163 - 03/04/06 11:54 PM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said:

Also when there are many Panaeolus antillarum in the filed or area, then most likely there will not be any cubes or copes or vice versa.

mj

I've never heard this and it's pretty interesting. Why is this so?
Competing mycelium??

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

Re: The Cow Patty and the Fish Tank [Re: VirgilKane]
    #5366499 - 03/05/06 04:10 AM (18 years, 28 days ago)

Thanks mj! But plz...just one more qeustion. Do I have to place the container in the shade or can I put it up on my roof in direct sunlight...I mean I see cubensis growing in cow feilds in the direct sun too. I'd prolly just have to water more...what do you think?

--------------------

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

#5366679 - 03/05/06 08:32 AM (18 years, 28 days ago)

--------------------

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

#5366725 - 03/05/06 08:53 AM (18 years, 27 days ago)

I said you need to read up on things for the simple fact You don't know much about Cultivating mushrooms...
It does not matter how many you have found in the wild and it does not matter how many you have consumed..
If you take some time and read up on mushroom cultivation you will start to understand the conditions it takes to grow mushrooms..

If you stick your pattys up on the roof in the direct sun you will cook the patty and all the good things that live inside it..
You will not be able to keep it moist and you will have no luck..
You need a bit of shade to protect the patty and keep it from drying out in the harsh direct sunlight.

So like I said go read up a lil bit and get a better understanding...
:thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineMr_Psilocin
 User Gallery

#5367849 - 03/05/06 03:54 PM (18 years, 27 days ago)

oh o.k, thank you.

--------------------

OfflineXris
Stranger
    #5375205 - 03/07/06 05:41 PM (18 years, 25 days ago)

I've got some cow patties in a 10 gallon tank.

I went hunting, when I found a patty that had an exceptional amount of mycelium in it, I put it in a bag.

I put the patties in the terrarium, poured some water in it, and set it in the shade. I had two pins the next day and tons of primordia. It's growing fantastically.

I've got the tank in the shade under a tree in an effort to keep it more moist with fewer waterings.

Edited by Xris (03/07/06 05:42 PM)

OfflineXris
Stranger
Re: The Cow Patty and the Fish Tank [Re: Xris]
    #5381191 - 03/09/06 12:43 PM (18 years, 23 days ago)

My cow patties have slowed down drastically. Most of what it is producing now is tiny. I'm thinking about picking everything and mixing some hay and a few more cow pies in it.

Sound good?

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

#5381587 - 03/09/06 02:28 PM (18 years, 23 days ago)

Its tough to tell.. Patty's are temperamental..
Its dry right now real dry so you need to be sure and water them as much as they need it.. They will ask :wink:
But if you don't create the proper drainage it will not produce. It will shock easily and may stop producing all together.. They will do the best if you simply place them under your taller plants in the flower beds .. Mist them or water them with a nice soft spray and they should shape up and flush again..
As the get old break them up into golf ball size chunks and mix them a inch deep into the dirt..
Peace!

--------------------

OfflineXris
Stranger
    #5387226 - 03/10/06 08:14 PM (18 years, 22 days ago)

Well, I went out a collected some uncolonized cow patties and a bit of hay last night.

I picked the few mushrooms that were still growing and mixed the uncolonized cow patties, hay, and colonized cow patties together with water.

We'll see what happens.

OfflineLaughingGym
The Wizard ofMush
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia
    #5387415 - 03/10/06 09:33 PM (18 years, 22 days ago)

Recently just kidnapped a couple of cow patties myself. Saw white fuzzy stuff on it (Mycellium or what I can't tell) I think I'm far enough south in VA where all the other flaws about the state (Mushroom hunting-wise) are less intense. So hopefully I'll grow something off there by a miracle of GOD!  :jesus:

--------------------
Mushrooms mushrooms everywhere, but not one cap to trip.

OfflineLaughingGym
The Wizard ofMush
Male User Gallery

Loc: Virginia
Re: The Cow Patty and the Fish Tank [Re: LaughingGym]
    #5389711 - 03/11/06 04:39 PM (18 years, 21 days ago)

Btw...dog chewed up cow patty. I fucking hate dogs.

--------------------
Mushrooms mushrooms everywhere, but not one cap to trip.

InvisiblegeorgeM
Human
 User Gallery

Loc: Osage Cuestas
Trusted Identifier
Re: The Cow Patty and the Fish Tank [Re: LaughingGym]
    #5390651 - 03/11/06 11:19 PM (18 years, 21 days ago)

I knew a girl whose dog was trained and very much inclined to sniff out blue ringers and cyans in the land of milk and honey. Perhaps your dog's mastications are a fortuitous sign.
georgem

Edited by georgeM (09/11/07 03:32 PM)

Offlinehooksbooks
Fun Guy
Male

Loc: Central, TX
Re: The Cow Patty and the Fish Tank [Re: georgeM] * 1
    #5829883 - 07/06/06 10:57 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Allright im gonna try to ressurect this thread, as it is my first post as well. In early april, I went on my first successful hunt outside of houston. i only found a few, but i did see two patties that had a noticable amount of pins and myc on them. I took em home, dunked em for a few seconds in distilled water, and put em in a 10 gal tank, which i sanitized, and put in an 8 lb bag of perlite, with about a half gallon or so of water. after that i covered it with a suran wrap top i made by criss crossing many layers, and held that snug with a board. every few hours as my presence at my apt would permit, i would mist around the pattys on a fine mist setting. within 3 days I had my first flush ready to harvest, about two more flushes came through, with maybe a total of 10 g dry growing from two patties over maybe 14 days time. after that the pattys just stopped producing, contamination took over on one and at that point i scrapped everything. a fun experiment. Next time I think im just going to keep it outside in a giant rubbermaid bin, not necessarily covered, unless humidity is really low. perhaps throw em in a field or ditch by my place, who knows. well the pics should tell the tale, didnt really get anything huge, but definately fast blueing specimens, smaller ones are better anyway in my opinion.

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: The Cow Patty and the Fish Tank [Re: hooksbooks]
    #5829903 - 07/06/06 11:01 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Thats one tall cube!  Or looks that way from the photo.  :smile: 
This was quite the fruitful experiment!  Great idea!

--------------------

InvisibleCureCat
Strangest
 User Gallery

Loc: clawing your furniture
Trusted Identifier
Re: The Cow Patty and the Fish Tank [Re: CureCat]
    #5829912 - 07/06/06 11:03 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

oops... okay, sorry!  I thought hooksbooks was YESSUP!

Forgive me!  Good job hooksbooks!  and nice tall cube to you. :grin:

--------------------

Offlinehooksbooks
Fun Guy
Male

Re: The Cow Patty and the Fish Tank [Re: CureCat]
    #5829959 - 07/06/06 11:16 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

yeah the tall cube brings me to one more thing. i really didnt give them much light, maybe a total of 4 or 5 hours a day, indirect on a chair in front of my eastern facing window. i think the stem lenghtened out in search of light? just hypothesizing because it stretched during a long period under the cardboard cover I had on it. I dont know a whole lot about cultivation, but i wonder if you could just add fresh manure on top of one of these and it will colonize and just make more flushes? I really would like to get this going again soon. how destructive is taking a turd from a field, if the field has many producing turds in it? after all its just one turd.

Offlinehooksbooks
Fun Guy
Male

#5830002 - 07/06/06 11:25 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

keeping a patty thriving taught me a few things about patty colonization and harvesting. the pattys do best when they have a source of fresh air every few hours. also as far as how to harvest, pulling or cutting, i think cutting does leave a stump, which is very susseptable to rot and can spread to the rest of the patty. i think the way to go is to pull, but try to hold down the mycelium on each side of the shroom so that you dont pull a lot off at once, i think its better to have lost a little myc than to have a rotting stem on the turd. maybe would be a good idea to cut the bottom of the stem at that point, and toss it into a part of the field that doesnt produce, who knows. Anyone ever relocate turds to different fields or different parts of a field to spread colonization?

Offlineeverythingzen
Stranger
Re: Patty Project 101 [Re: hooksbooks]
    #5830409 - 07/07/06 02:11 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Really informative.. Got one question, what is active mycelium and how do I spot a patty with it?

Offlinedalmonk
Stranger
Re: Patty Project 101 [Re: everythingzen]
    #5830895 - 07/07/06 09:18 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

An active mycelium is contained within the patty itself. It is what actually produces the mushrooms. The only way to spot an active mycelium (or at least the only way I'm aware of) is to find a cow patty with cubensis growing out of it.

Edited by dalmonk (07/07/06 09:18 AM)

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

Re: Patty Project 101 [Re: dalmonk]
    #5830912 - 07/07/06 09:30 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Sometimes if you pick a patty up you will notice a white fuzzy substance over a lot of the bottom. If a cube's growin off it then you know its the patty you want for sure.

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

Offlineeverythingzen
Stranger
Re: Patty Project 101 [Re: Feanor]
    #5832392 - 07/07/06 03:59 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Cool, yeah well since my Hunt turned out shitty, i did take a patty home that had soem small shrooms growing on it.. Hopefully its the right kind....I suck at this haha but hopefully I will be able to grow some nice ones

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

#5833305 - 07/07/06 08:47 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Nice Job!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom