Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Please help ASAP
    #535298 - 01/29/02 10:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i was screwed by the keeper! I inoculated 12 jars only 6 actually started of the "NJ-6" strain whatever that is if anyone knows please tell me, anyway i am down to my last colinized jar and i have yet to get any fruitbodies, i have tried with perlite, and also in bulk substrate routine in a large plastic bin. When i tried in the perlite i had about an inch of water then about an inch of perlite and i think i saw pins but it turned blue and started smelling funky and nothing happened, when i tried in the bin cobweb/green mold grew and that was it. I do not know what to do with the last jar i want mushrooms. Whoever helps me out i will send a print of this supposedly untouchable mushroom. Please give me as much detail as possible because this is my first time and i spent a great deal of money and i am losing hope...

Keep on dreaming, becauses when you stop dreeming its time to die.
-Shannon Hoon RIP

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: Please help ASAP [Re: strain]
    #535325 - 01/29/02 11:09 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

dude that N.J strain for like 90 bucks right??lol..i can get it for 12$ sorry u got ripped but id say that if the jars colonized, then you are the one messing up somewhere. maybe 2 inches of perlite some h2o2 and 1 inch of water. did u use a light? and how was your heat? and did u shake syringe to distribute spores? sounds like only the 6 jars got them cause u didnt distribute them properly.but sounds like too much water not enough perlite..maybe u rotted them with all the water during the pinning stage..thats why u thought they were pinning then they smelled funky cause of the rot.did u set them strait on the perlite? then id say they got contams or rotted cause of the water. use h2o2 to fight cobweb mold and help keep perlite contam free.
i am a newbie so im probably not much help. i just started my first 30 jars a few days ago they almmost dont in just a week. the pf tek was dummy proof for me. u should work on cleanliness if contams are a problem. did u air out the co2.u know co2 kills the little devils. u should air out at least 1 time a day.some say different.anyway
peace and may the force be with you always

I swear those mushrooms are going on my pizza officer!

Edited by tomatofarmer (01/29/02 11:14 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation