Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemshisha
Stranger

australian government and woomera
    #535061 - 01/29/02 02:45 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

in australia there are places where you can be detained for weeks or even years waiting for your immigration things to be solved. not only for 'illegals.' the australian government is pretty harsh on immigration.

woomera is the worst camp, i understand. because it's controlled by the australian department of defence. even thought it's in australia, australian law can be broken.

200 woomera detainees are on hunger strikes now and others are protesting by threatening suicide and sowing their lips shut. they escaped from war and poverty and disease to be locked up in a detainment camp. they aren't too keen on it.

so, what do you think about that? the detainment. i mean, in australia it doesn't seem right. let them live in the outback or something. there's room. let them eat dingos and kangaroos.

here in canada the laws were just changed to make immigration a lot tougher too. a 44 year old america businessman trying to get citizenship here was refused because he was over 40.

and what do you think about immigration laws in general?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
Re: australian government and woomera [Re: mshisha]
    #535663 - 01/30/02 06:59 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

Actually the Woomera camp is a private facility run by a Florida Jail company.......the Govt just gets to fine them when they breach the agreement (ie someone escapes or something.....)

A nice little earner for the Govt......

(comparison with Camp Xray from the sydney morning herald:)
http://www.smh.com.au/news/0201/29/national/national28.html

.....These people are NOT 'illegal' immigrants anyway.....It is *not illegal* to enter Aust without visas/documents IF you can prove humanitarian status afterwards........& they can't send any Afghanis or Iraqis back at all so they are in limbo here.......

Edited by zhukov (01/30/02 07:08 AM)

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
Re: australian government and woomera [Re: zhukov]
    #535753 - 01/30/02 09:50 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

The Australian government are full of shit. I mean they have far fewer assylum seekers than most other countries, and an exteremly low population density. Why are they so unwilling to take in people fleeing from persecution or even just economic hardship? I am sure many of these new immigrants would contribute more to the economy than the deported criminals who made up Australias original population. I guess they are just racist, they seem to welcome white people with open arms.

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Re: australian government and woomera [Re: mm.]
    #536297 - 01/30/02 07:42 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

That's exactly it mm, we are ALL boat people....and our 1st police force in the original British colony was made up of assorted criminals/convicts (so what has changed?! lol)

......And we did have what was officially called "the White Australia Policy" pre 1970's which prevented anyone not of European descent from emigrating here....

But I think these current events were all a calculated move which saw the Govt win the election last November by whipping up this deep-seated fear & hatred of invasion from the north by the non-white, non-Chistian hordes especially after Sep 11; even suggesting these people were terrorists......hahaha:tongue:....as if Bin Laden would risk any valuable operatives on leaky fishing boats with threat of shark, sinking, being shot by corrupt indonesian officials or being dumped on one of the Pacific nations by Aust if not at Woomera itself...... 

OfflineOLD_NEWBIE
journeyman
Re: australian government and woomera [Re: mshisha]
    #540364 - 02/04/02 02:50 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

This is all a load of crap, Drop a bomb on the lot of the assholes. My parents came to this country legal, Strip searched - The lot when they arrived. 40 years later my eldest brother is still being harrassed over citizinship and he was 3 when he arrived under my mothers passport. These boat people have paid big money to come here illegally, Why? Legally would have been cheaper and safer. They are just the rich assholes trying to get into this country, Bringing their scary ways here. They have it better than me, They get free medical, Food and shelter. Their are so many homeless , Hungry and unimployed people here, But, What the hell, Lets bring in a whole heap of foreiners that can't speak the language, Sow their lips together, Molest young children and bash each other, They seem safe enough to live next door, Next door to "YOU" maybe, Not me. I dont mind giving these psyco's our kids jobs and we can put our children on the doll.
I realy think the Australian government should send these assholes home and let them join the line of all the real immagrents. But i spose with so few gangs and gang wars in this country, Why not let some more phsyco's in the country. Our laws are different for them also, If i sowed my lips together, Or theatened suicide, I'd be put strait in a psyc ward, Or if i was to be as threatening as them i'd be put in jail. You dont see any people in jail sowing their lips together or going on hunger strikes to get out and if they did, It wouldn't work, Who would give a shit, They would be classed as having a psico illness.
My missus went to 7-8 different doctors, While misscarrying, Bleeding all over the place and not 1 doc would see her, But, I bet if she was in woomera she would have been rushed straight to the hospital. Were is the justice, She pays taxes so the illegals can see doctors for self mutalation, But cant get in herself When she is worried about bleeding to death.
I think our immigration laws are to easy, Do like the japs, A couple of warning missiles as their nearing our waters, If this doesn't detere them a couple of hits might.

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
Re: australian government and woomera [Re: OLD_NEWBIE]
    #540411 - 02/04/02 03:51 PM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Why do I get the feeling that ignorant fuckwits like you make up the majority of the population in Australia. This is a depressingly common reaction in the UK as well though- blame societies problems on assylum seekers. Do you think stopping a few thousand people entering your country (many of whom have university degrees) is actually going to enable you to house your homeless and have enough doctors? Those problems are internal political ones. These people risk their lives to come to your country because they are fleeing political persecution. That's what seeking assylum means. They go to a country that they think will offer them a safe refuge because their own repressive regimes are torturing or threating to kill them for voicing dissent. They are unlikely to be allowed to leave their country legally because their governments wont issue them with passports. So they either have to get a fake one or have their families sell property so they can pay gangs to bring them over. If they are found to be lying, or to have emmigrated for economic reasons your government will refuse their applications and deport them. However, instead of help they become subject to a policy of mandatory indefinite imprisonment, including children and pregnant women.

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

Offlinezhukov
enthusiast
Re: australian government and woomera [Re: mm.]
    #540931 - 02/05/02 02:21 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

mm - you put that so well......ditto from me :wink:

btw, these people are NOT illegal.......it is *not illegal* to enter the country WITHOUT any documents provided you can subsequently prove humanitarian status; & the Govt knows this full well but it serves their domestic purposes to say otherwise....
......You can hardly be expected enter this country through the 'normal' channels if your country:

* Has no Australian embassy to lodge your visa application (ie Iraq, Afghanistan)
* Does not allow freely available passports for its citizens to leave the county legally in the first place...... 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom