Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejunglized
-stREEt doGG-
need advice
    #534291 - 01/28/02 06:49 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

ok....here's the situation i'm in. I live right around new orleans (great place to shroom) and whenever i go shrooming i always go to the same spot and find some acadian coasts growing wild in their natural habitat. - here's the problem i talk to my friend a week ago and we start talkin about shrooms, he describes what type of shrooms he usually gets and they are a lot different from the ones i get. He says they grow out of cow dung and they are a light brown top with a dark brownish-purplish stem. He also says under the cap is also a very dark purple. He says whenever he eats them he trips....so anyway to the problem. My other friend j comes to school today and tells me he has some shrooms for me(he knows i grow and i'm a shroomhead) he tells me he is going to give me some. He describes them to me and they are exactly how my other friend describes them. He drew me a picture and the shroom that looks closest to the one he drew looks like Copelandia that i just saw on this board. They also were growing out of shit. So what i want to know is, is it safe to eat these shrooms? What are the chances of it being a poisonous shroom? When i get the shrooms tomorrow what can i look for to tell me if it is psychoactive or poisonous? Any info. will be greatly apprectiated

p.s. also if these are Copelandia's, how potent are they compared to the naturally growing Acadian Coasts i usually find?

--------------------
"valmar boys are exciting like biting a whore's nose off"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWoodsman
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
Re: need advice [Re: junglized]
    #534485 - 01/28/02 10:22 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I should probably defer to the expertise of GG & LK here (& DAMN I envy you Southern boys your 8-month growing season!) but I would suspect that your "Acadian Coasts" are a variety of Ps. cubensis & that these "other" mushrooms you are discovering are some species of Copelandia. If they got purple-brown or black spores, grow on dung, & stain blue, odds are better than even they are psychoactive & not poisonous. Copes are allegedly much more potent than cubes on a per-weight basis, but are smaller & thinner fleshed, so it takes more individual specimens to get you where you want to go. Do some more research to be sure of your ID, though--better safe than sorry.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #534963 - 01/29/02 12:07 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

hi junglized,

You have got to practice safer mushroom identification.

The most important thing to remember is;
If the mushroom stains Blue, Then its True.

With that said, every shroomer has to be particularly cautious..

-Examine Every single shroom you bring home from the field for the Blue staining..any mushroom that does not stain blue is thrown out. Period.

Copelandia (aka "Blue Meanies" in Florida), require a lot more time and patience to learn the art of picking.
#1 There are Several "look-a-likes" that you will find in the field that are very similar to Copelandia - only they do not bruise blue.
#2 I have personally taught several people, in the field,
How to identify them.. It takes them many trips to the field, before I no longer have to go through their collection bags and pick out these look-a-likes, and tell them the difference between real and fake.

Cubensis are much easier to identify.
-But still, heed much caution,
Some species of Stropharia are sometimes found on cow dung also, and they can really fake you out for a Cubie if you dont look over every mushroom for Bluing.

Along with all that, i have notice in the past year or so,
A lot of shroom pattys i come across have both real shrooms and fake shrooms growing side-by-side - so,
like i say,
Bee careful

GGreatOne234

Offlinejunglized
-stREEt doGG-
    #535210 - 01/29/02 06:15 PM (22 years, 2 months ago)

thanx for the info. ima check them out tomorrow and see if they stain blue.

--------------------
"valmar boys are exciting like biting a whore's nose off"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck