Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedarkstar45
inquisitivetraveler
Male User Gallery

What are shulgins favorite tryptamines and phenethylamines?
    #5333899 - 02/24/06 01:36 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I figure that if any one has an educated opinion on the different types of psychedelics and how enjoyable they were it would be alexander shulgin. i remeber reading somewhere that he had created a top ten list or something, but after some searching was unable to find it anywhere. does anyone know what shulgins favorites are? im partly asking because i was looking to make a new order of some different (already have an order of 2ci) research chem. and figured if i could get one of shulgins favorites, i wouldnt be displeased. thanks.

--------------------
There he goes...
One of God's own prototypes.
A high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live and too rare to die.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekoppie
astral projectile
Male

Loc: cloud hidden
Re: What are shulgins favorite tryptamines and phenethylamines? [Re: darkstar45]
    #5333963 - 02/24/06 02:42 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

You could always ask him yourself.
Alternatively you might want to read Pihkal, which is filled with thoughtful musings and interesting anecdotes about many substances.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What are shulgins favorite tryptamines and phenethylamines? [Re: koppie]
    #5334008 - 02/24/06 03:03 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I think the shulgins treated drugs like candy. I wouldnt rely on them for anything more than a somewhat interesting read or info about chemistry.

I mainly feel this way because their perceptions of certain drugs are very skewed due to treating them like candy.

For example, half of the drugs that they say gave no visuals, I guarentee would give me visuals. SOme of the doses are extreemely high and with no interesting comments except "well I didnt really feel much except for this that and the other(negative comments)", none of which were psychedelic.

They put alot of information out there, but are not people id rely on for accurate trip reports. Ive read everything they have had to say in their 2 part series. Frankly, they sound like some really burnt out chemists with little to say about most drugs for the sake of covering more ground.

Id have to give them some credit for various reasons, like the fact that I wouldnt have dosed that many times on such questionable substances if you payed me a ton of money.

They are a unique breed.

InvisibleMezcal
Re: What are shulgins favorite tryptamines and phenethylamines? [Re: stemmer]
    #5334243 - 02/24/06 07:39 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

FYI, most of the trip reports in *IKHAL are not from the Shulgins themselves, but from others they knew, other published reports, or those that submitted their experiences to them privately.

Invisiblehortonfrank404
anonymous moss
Re: What are shulgins favorite tryptamines and phenethylamines? [Re: Mezcal]
    #5334862 - 02/24/06 01:11 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

hmmm... I always thought their dosages seemed a little on the conservative side to me!
A lot of shulgin's dosages were not enough to give me visual effects. I'm guessing individual reactions are a huge part of the subjective effects of these drugs.
I know that shulgin's ++++ drugs (for example 4-acetoxy-DiPt) were definitely NOT transcendental-type experiences for me, even when I'd got the full effects of the drug. It seems that what he's looking for in a psychedelic is NOT necessarily what somebody else would prefer.

Invisibleshriek

Re: What are shulgins favorite tryptamines and phenethylamines? [Re: koppie]
    #5335032 - 02/24/06 02:06 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

koppie said:

shulgin doesnt answers questions on that page for a while, he is working on a 3rd book and is too busy with that and other things

OfflineMuppet69_420
Speed feeder
Male User Gallery

Re: What are shulgins favorite tryptamines and phenethylamines? [Re: shriek]
    #5335144 - 02/24/06 02:53 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shriek said:
Quote:

koppie said:

shulgin doesnt answers questions on that page for a while, he is working on a 3rd book and is too busy with that and other things

Whered you learn this?

--------------------
Quote:

I live to learn and learn to live.

forget w/e was here b4 it was meth gibberish.... :meff: :rail2: :rail: ....thats as old as my account...

On that note fart in public and grin. :publicfart:

Hail Shroomery!

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: What are shulgins favorite tryptamines and phenethylamines? [Re: Muppet69_420]
    #5335156 - 02/24/06 02:56 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

He's talked about the book a few times, including at Burning Man and at a Mind States conference I think.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: What are shulgins favorite tryptamines and phenethylamines? [Re: dblaney]
    #5335190 - 02/24/06 03:06 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I think Sasha liked 2c-b, 2c-t-7, 2c-t-2, 2c-e,MDMA and mescaline alot. Don't about the tryptamines

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlinedarkstar45
inquisitivetraveler
Male User Gallery

Re: What are shulgins favorite tryptamines and phenethylamines? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #5335315 - 02/24/06 03:39 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

thanks ^

--------------------
There he goes...
One of God's own prototypes.
A high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live and too rare to die.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder