Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
whaddayado?
    #533408 - 01/27/02 11:43 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

my advisor thinks that i should apply to school at Berkeley. my Hindu friend wants me to come stay with him in India. a girl wants me to go with her to C.A. and live in some apartments at her aunt's mansion and tend horses. my friend Liam says I can live on his boat in Hawaii. and two very hip girls want me to live at their commune in N.C. i don't know what the fuck i want. i want everything. whaddaya do when you have competing interests which will effect your life dramatically?

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
Re: whaddayado? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #533412 - 01/27/02 11:47 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

All the best musicians I know are Berkely grads. if i had the skills i'd be going there right now. I planning on going there for grad school. but as of right now i don't feel comfortabel enough with any insteremt to apply yet. If you can get in I think you should go, it beats the shit outta living in some lame hippy commune

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: whaddayado? [Re: MeltingPenguin]
    #533465 - 01/28/02 12:38 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

move the mansion to hawaii, and have a mansion, boat, and a bunhc of girls in your little commune. And bring in some idian doods.

Why dont i ever run into these 'problems'

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineTimeleech
addict
Loc: Norway
Re: whaddayado? [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #533471 - 01/28/02 12:47 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Go to Berkeley. I hate to be saying this as I am dropping out of school at this very moment myself, thus this advice doesn't have quite the impact I would like it to have, but hell.

If you can go to Berkeley later (in 1 year for example), then go to hawai, the commune, or tend the horses if you like'em. India would be my first choice though, then hawai, then commune. Then I would go to Berkeley next year. It's good to have free from school for a year.

Since all these possibilities are so interesting going for the elimination method may not prove to be very fruitful. However, I try to think like this: What would I regret the most that I did NOT do in 5 - 10 - 25 - or even 50 years into the future? Do that thing.

You could go to india for 3-6 months, then hawai another 3-6 and live in the commune for the rest of the time or whatever. If we are talking about only 1 year without school that is. Why not split the time up a bit?

I myself decided to quit school for now a few days ago and go to australia for, I don't know, 3months-1year. However, today I read that a local computer store are hiring people, so I'll apply for a job there first. If I get it, I'll work my ass of 6months and accumulate some cash. Then I'm off to Oz for a year.

These are times of transition for others than just me it seems. Interesting times are imminent.

--------------------
--
Eternally boggled, flummoxed, bewildered and surprised.
theophagy.org

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology