Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Boy charged with felony for carrying sugar
    #5315981 - 02/19/06 10:10 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Boy charged with felony for carrying sugar
Quote:

A 12-year-old Aurora boy who said he brought powdered sugar to school for a science project this week has been charged with a felony for possessing a look-alike drug, Aurora police have confirmed.

The sixth-grade student at Waldo Middle School was also suspended for two weeks from school after showing the bag of powdered sugar to his friends.

The boy, who is not being identified because he is a juvenile, said he brought the bag to school to ask his science teacher if he could run an experiment using sugar.

Two other boys asked if the bag contained cocaine after he showed it to them in the bathroom Wednesday morning, the boy's mother said.

He joked that it was cocaine, before telling them, "just kidding," she said.

Aurora police arrested the boy after a custodian at the school reported the boy's comments. The youngster was taken to the police station and detained, before being released to his parents that afternoon.

"This is getting ridiculous," said the boy's mother. "They treated my son like a criminal. .. . This is no way to treat a 12-year-old kid."

East Aurora School District officials declined to comment on the case, citing privacy issues.

The district issued a written statement, which said: "The dangers of illegal drugs and controlled substances are clear.

Could get probation

"Look-alike drugs and substances can cause that same level of danger because staff and students are not equipped to differentiate between the two."

The school handbook states that students can be suspended or expelled for carrying a look-alike drug.

Penalties for juveniles are decided on a case-by-case basis, but if convicted, the sixth-grader could likely face up to five years' probation, said Jeffery Jefko, deputy director of Kane County juvenile court services.

Juveniles who have prior criminal records could also be placed in a residential treatment program if convicted, he said.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Boy charged with felony for carrying sugar [Re: daussaulit]
    #5316037 - 02/19/06 10:34 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Wow, what a fucking joke. You would think that the worst that would happen would be him getting a detention or get yelled at by the principal.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Boy charged with felony for carrying sugar [Re: Redstorm]
    #5316104 - 02/19/06 11:01 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Wow, what a fucking joke. You would think that the worst that would happen would be him getting a detention or get yelled at by the principal.

Exactly. At the most, you suspend the kid and have the sugar tested. If it's just sugar, he just gets suspended. If it comes back as being cocaine, then you take further measures. This is fucking crazy, right here.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Boy charged with felony for carrying sugar [Re: Learyfan]
    #5316338 - 02/19/06 12:26 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

"This is getting ridiculous," said the boy's mother. "They treated my son like a criminal. .. . This is no way to treat a 12-year-old kid."

ive met 12 yr olds that have actually done coke.  although it may have been a joke, when you are that young you shouldnt be joking about something like that.  Not that I was any better at that age..

also, bringing a bag of sugar to school to ask the teacher if it was ok sounds pretty sketchy... what science teacher doesnt know what powdered sugar looks like?

It wouldnt surprise me to find out he actually planned his little "joke" ahead of time for attention.  but who knows  :rolleyes:

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #5316479 - 02/19/06 01:34 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

When I was in third grade, I took the most massive kitchen knife from my household and took it to school - for "show and tell". I thought it was going to be "cool" - ha! The class which hosted the show and tell was later during the day, so I had time to show off my "toy" during recess - and so, I did.
I can only imagine the looks on the faces of the playground supervisors and the things they were thinking when they saw a child running around with a ten-inch kitchen knife.

Needless to say, I never reached the goal of letting my fellow classmates saying "Hello to my leetle friend.", darn. Instead, I was sent "upstairs" to be analyzed and have my sanity assessed by school counselors or the like.

At least I wasn't charged with a felony and faced with probation. I imagine that would've had rather far-reaching negative effects on my mindset..
Thankfully I was surrounded by rational and common sensical adults that knew boys will be boys..

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Boy charged with felony for carrying sugar [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #5316496 - 02/19/06 01:42 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i got sent to the deputy and kicked out of middle school for showing a kid a corkscrew on a swiss army knife, and telling him to screw himself. (i said middle school, ok?)

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #5317607 - 02/19/06 07:52 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

they are just trying to be zero tolerance after kids went crazy and shot up schools. Im sure the zero tolerance is preventing more gun toting kids.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Boy charged with felony for carrying sugar [Re: Redstorm]
    #5318213 - 02/19/06 11:05 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:

its no joke...how many different white powdery substances do you have in your posession that look like cocaine or heroin??...can you prove that theres no LSD in you sugar lumps??...the point is that if thats the criterion..then i dont see whats to stop the govt from arbitrarily snatching anyone off the street on those same grounds...why bother falsifying "terrorism" charges against your political opponents..when you can throw away the key on them for posession of powdered sugar??...if it works on a 12 y/o boy..so it will on them too...

my guess right now is that this is some kind of a test case that wont be noticed as such because the victim is a juvenile and wont go to prison...but ill repeat myself ..if the charges stand in this case..then there will be many..many adults who will face life imprisonment...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibleMushroom_Mike
AGAPE LOVE

Loc: Australia
Re: Boy charged with felony for carrying sugar [Re: Annapurna1]
    #5318344 - 02/20/06 12:07 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

this is just stupid.  i guess the thing to learn here is to label our baggies. so it's not just some anonymous substance that could be an illegal drug. :whatever: i always lable my homegrown portabellas "agaricus bisporus" when i grill out at the state park. i never been hastled, but i mean if some loser wanted to try and fuck with me i would be like here fucker look, they are edibles clearly labled.

they need to cut the kid some slack, he is 12. of course he is going to say things like, "yeah it's coke! HAHA just kidding" thats a given to say that at his age. atleast once a day.  this is disturbing, if i was the father i would tell the entire school off, if i could i would press charges(if possible, probably not, but if there was any loops i would find them, making my son look like a lil hype, fuck that bullshit) The teachers and police are being STUBBORN. and i fucking HATE that shit. just admit you went overboard on the lil guy and fuckign forget it. he's innocent. clearly a normal child.

--------------------

always remember.... to respect the fungus!:awesomenod::inlove3:

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Boy charged with felony for carrying sugar [Re: Mushroom_Mike]
    #5321076 - 02/20/06 06:34 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

he should be executed.

that'll show people for trying to be free.

fuck this bullshit man.

what the fuck.

Do you know many times me and my friend made jokse about dealing cocaine in middle school? Every fucking day! We had a cocaine plantation in Bolivia.

One time my teacher let me borrow a tape when I was like 6 years old, and I showed it to a kid and said "hey kid, look what I stole" as a joke. I got in trouble for it but it was nothing more than a lecture.

WHEN YOU RAISE KIDS IN A GOD DAMNED POLICE STATE, THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE EVERY CHANCE THEY GET TO POKE FUN AT IT

it is COOL to have COCAINE, not to really have it, but to make constant jokes that you have it.

It is cool to shoot people playing violent video games, and make people think you're a school-shooter type of guy by dressing gothily.

THIS IS HOW KIDS ACT TO A FUCKED UP SOCIETY.
That's what kids do in NAZIESQUE POLICE STATE.

If it wasn't cocaine (the story does sound sketchy) heads need to fucking roll.

""This is getting ridiculous," said the boy's mother. "They treated my son like a criminal. .. . This is no way to treat a 12-year-old kid."

This is no way to treat any HUMAN being, mom. It's just powder. Worse case scenario its plant powder.... so what? Not that middle schoolers should do coke, but they sometimes do. That's what happens when you have a black market and no regulations on who illicit products are sold to.

all adolescents CONSTANTLY joke about drugs, violence, and sex. Don't point the fucking finger at them, you're the ones who made them that way!

I mean christ... this is all kinds of absurd.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (02/20/06 06:36 PM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Boy charged with felony for carrying sugar [Re: leery11]
    #5322924 - 02/21/06 03:53 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Everybody is missing the big picture here. By allowing a child to play "drug games" ... things like pretending to be a drug dealer... we are encouraging our children to believe that drugs are not so bad. Back in the mid 80's, we had a huge problem with bank robberies across the country. This can be traced back to children pretending to rob banks while playing cops and robbers. Once we started tossing all the children that were pretending to be robbers in jail, the string of bank robberies stopped in just a few short decades. It is clearly obvious that we can no longer afford to allow our children to pretend. Not only is it childish, but it is down right dangerous. The next thing you know, they will be thinking on their own, and questioning absolute authority.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisiblegiz
daydreamer
Male

Loc: EU
Re: Boy charged with felony for carrying sugar [Re: Seuss]
    #5323126 - 02/21/06 07:18 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

its a child. its better ways to solve this than brining in authorities and possible ruin a good future. maybe the reaction he got can contribute to future drug abuse much more than playing around with a bag of sugar. i do however see your point, its just the way things was handelet-

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Boy charged with felony for carrying sugar [Re: giz]
    #5323172 - 02/21/06 07:54 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

> i do however see your point

I probably should have tagged my post with an "extreme sarcasm" stamp...

--------------------

Invisiblegiz
daydreamer
Male

#5323236 - 02/21/06 08:43 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

well yeah haha seriously, im just bad at english i understand you was sarcastic. but i dont think kids should play drugs, its not a healthy thing when i was a kid drugs was something you never heard anything about in plays i dont know im getting old maybe, it was some kids on the news here some time ago that found needles on the street and played around with then and got hepatite C. .

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Boy charged with felony for carrying sugar [Re: giz]
    #5323617 - 02/21/06 10:51 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

They should have just made him snort the sugar as punishment and been done with it. They should have bought a big ass bag of sugar and said "Now I'm going to sit here until you snort that whole bag. Maybe then you'll learn your lesson."

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Edited by Learyfan (02/21/06 10:52 AM)

OfflineSeussA

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Boy charged with felony for carrying sugar [Re: Learyfan]
    #5327129 - 02/22/06 04:00 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

> but i dont think kids should play drugs

Then under the same logic, kids should not play cops and robbers since playing the part of a robber will turn a child into a life long thief.

The problem is that we lie to our children about the real nature of drugs. Children are smart, but lack experience (i.e. wisdom). They know the lie when they hear it, but fail to see the real dangers and pitfalls that addiction causes.

--------------------

Invisiblegiz
daydreamer
Male

#5327150 - 02/22/06 04:41 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

while you find cartoons with robbers and police ie mickey mouse there is no cartoons for children with drug addicts, i think there is a diffrence . i dont think we learn kids much false things about coke, its a hard drug thats very addictive and is not to be played with as adult either. i know that for a fact beein an ex addict.but note that i dont mean that adults should stand over kids and say no you cant play this.. but that a kid should have other things to think about than coke, have other things to play with. but i guess its an enviromental factor, some kids grow up better than others , some see drugs (heroin, crack, the bad kind of drugs) from they are very young and some are lucky to never have to witness that. a kid should be spared for drugabuse and alcholism its entire life as a kid. period. i never said i think they becaome will start on drug as adults if they play drugs as kids nor do i belive they become thiefs as adults if they play robber and police, that was never my intention to make it sound like that.

Edited by giz (02/22/06 05:54 AM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #5330595 - 02/23/06 04:23 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

The federul govment should have to provide every student in Ameica's schools with a free lawyer.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineMrEdd
Stranger
Re: Boy charged with felony for carrying sugar [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #5333753 - 02/24/06 12:03 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

yes, sketchy is the first thing that comes to my mind..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale