Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Advantages in using low % of sugars in LC's
    #5302205 - 02/15/06 07:40 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Are there any advantages in using low % of sugars in LC's. I was asking to recommend a level before and I think Workman suggested one as low as 0.5%. There was no reason given. I cannot find the thread now but will search more.
The obvious reason to use less is the danger in adding too much which will allow no growth at all, in effect acting like preserve, so high in sugar nothing will grow in it. But Workman specifically recommended a low %. One reason I can think is that it could possibly be stored longer since there are fewer waste products. I have heard grains left stewing in their own "myc piss" will kill themselves off. I know agar dilutes LCs down into distilled water in vacutainers for long term storage. A low % sugar solution may be similar to this. It may also allow quick growth of the LC and a quick digestion of the sugars so any new contams have nothing to feed on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
Re: Advantages in using low % of sugars in LC's [Re: blackout]
    #5331454 - 02/23/06 02:16 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I see, that's interesting to know.......

--------------------

Atheist Chat

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
Re: Advantages in using low % of sugars in LC's [Re: Snaggletooth]
    #5331463 - 02/23/06 02:20 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i made 2 lcs, one with honey, water, and cooking oil and the other with just honey and water. the cooking oil one colonized and the other didnt... i dunno why... i think it was same amount of honey.

--------------------
i can speel... im just too lazy to sppelcheck.

My first trip (good read) - Speed Leaching Poo! - My Second Trip (with art)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies