Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemethod1000
Stranger
CRAZY MUSHROOM PARTY!!
    #5328856 - 02/22/06 06:02 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Hey everyone, I'm a new member on shroomery, and I enjoy this website very much.. I am organizing a crazy mushroom party at my house in a week and a half and to explain to you how organized it is, I made a hand out for all the guests who will be attending.. Im expecting about 15 people, all great friends and the whole house is set up to make everyone have the best mushroom trip ever!! so here's a copy of the handout describing the whole party.. if anyone has any party suggestions, or feedback, let me know, and you can add me to your msn if you wish: -removing contact info for your own good- thanks!!

if the picture doesnt appear, go to this address: [urlhttp://myspace-013.vo.llnwd.net/00519/31/06/519946013_l.jpg]http://myspace-013.vo.llnwd.net/00519/31/06/519946013_l.jpg[/url]

Edited by gdman (02/23/06 09:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRamlaen
Pysconaut
 User Gallery

Re: CRAZY MUSHROOM PARTY!! [Re: method1000]
    #5328867 - 02/22/06 06:06 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like a good idea, and a great way to get busted if your not careful

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: CRAZY MUSHROOM PARTY!! [Re: Ramlaen]
    #5328873 - 02/22/06 06:06 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

you mean a portabello mushroom grilling party?

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

OfflineLibertarian
Stranger
Re: CRAZY MUSHROOM PARTY!! [Re: leery11]
    #5328893 - 02/22/06 06:14 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Ever notice the difference between Local Cops, and the DEA?

Edited by Libertarian (02/22/06 06:15 PM)

Invisibleshriek

#5328899 - 02/22/06 06:16 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

:foshizzle:

InvisibleChikitta
Re: CRAZY MUSHROOM PARTY!! [Re: shriek]
    #5328912 - 02/22/06 06:20 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

shriek said:
:foshizzle:

Offlinemethod1000
Stranger
Re: CRAZY MUSHROOM PARTY!! [Re: shriek]
    #5328917 - 02/22/06 06:20 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

guys, no to worry, this is a private party.. I didnt go around making flyers! the only people that are coming are my closest friends.. so ya.. cops and public security are no trouble, I did something similar last year, and it was a total success.. I've never had problems with cops.. anyways, the cops are not the issue here... its the party and the things to do at the party

Offlinemethod1000
Stranger
    #5328964 - 02/22/06 06:38 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

OK i fixed the size and updated it.. so that hopefully its easier on the eyes..

OfflineAnimals
Just Danson inthe Dark
 User Gallery

#5329875 - 02/22/06 10:28 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

rooms for bad trips?

"take a nap" oh yeah, very likely...

Edited by Animals (02/22/06 10:29 PM)

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: CRAZY MUSHROOM PARTY!! [Re: Animals]
    #5329986 - 02/22/06 10:55 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

That sounds like a killer time, I like the use of milkdrop, and those boxes intrigue me. You have your tunes lined up already? :lol: at take a nap... a joke? Not bloody likely on shrooms... make sure you got bottled water, juice, etc. maybe some orange slices or other fruit. How is everyone dosing their mushrooms? May I suggest getting a coffee grinder if you do not have one already, measure out the doses, grind your mushrooms, mix in juice and CHUG.

What is going to be the dose anyway? Details, details, inquiring minds would like to know!

Also, may I suggest that your friends register accounts here, and that you all stop by as the night goes on, make a post in the pub or something dedicated to your party as it happens in real time... also if you want to extend your night, don't forget you can re-dose mushrooms. I would take maybe a gram-gram and a half more than your intial dose while your peaking, you won't trip harder, just for longer. If you have the mushrooms to spare, I'd say go for it!

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Edited by gdman (02/22/06 10:59 PM)

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: CRAZY MUSHROOM PARTY!! [Re: gdman]
    #5330084 - 02/22/06 11:21 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

can i come too?

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineNickSoapdish
Hypochondriac
Male

#5330136 - 02/22/06 11:36 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

that's an interesting collection of DVDs and Videos you got goin in the family room.

I also enjoy animated jesus videos while tripping!  :jesus:

--------------------

OfflineWoland
The MercilessWarrior
 User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #5330750 - 02/23/06 07:24 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I'd say you should throw a game of twister in the mix.
The outside room inside is great. I did that with my apartment last year for a jungle halloween party. Got some fake plants, fake birds, surround sound with jungle sounds playing, and a fog maching.

--------------------
"It's bad enough that you sell your waking life for minimum wage, but now they get your dreams for free."

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #5330777 - 02/23/06 07:47 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

The very idea of a flyer to be handed out for a "mushroom party" is really one of the most foolish things I think I've ever seen on this site.

You are asking for so much trouble. Once these things leave your hands, you have no way of being sure they won't get into the hands of someone who will get you busted. You may trust all the people you give them out to, but you still never know...if I got one of those flyers I'd avoid that party like the plague cause I wouldn't want to be there, tripping, when the cops busted down the door.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: CRAZY MUSHROOM PARTY!! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5330810 - 02/23/06 08:03 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

:razz: Party pooper!

seriously though, I mean if it's a few good friends, and thats it, I think you'll be fine..  but the idea of an "itinerary" of sorts is weak.  Just eat em, and wind up exploring the different settings on your own, it'll be more fun to do it spontaneously than read off a program what rooms to check out

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #5330845 - 02/23/06 08:28 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, maybe instead of having a flyer (I know I'd accidentally lose mine within the first 5 minutes anyways), you could just let people explore the house, and put signs on the doors, with the descriptions from the flyer.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: CRAZY MUSHROOM PARTY!! [Re: dblaney]
    #5330876 - 02/23/06 08:41 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I have had a few friends over tripping before, but a mushroom party? Just doesnt sound like my thing. Maybe I view mushrooms more sacred than I should.

What doses are people taking? Do you have a plan for when/if people start freaking out? You can have the perfect tripping atmosphere and things can still go wrong in someone's head. Not to scare, just be prepared. With that many people there, how many trip-sitters do you have?

Word of things like this spread to fast, you are asking for trouble. Hopefully all goes well though. Id imagine that it has good possibility if you are all close friends. Good Luck and post some reports after it happens.

InvisibleMrKite1
Cosmo

Loc: AK
Re: CRAZY MUSHROOM PARTY!! [Re: dedjam]
    #5331127 - 02/23/06 10:28 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I once attempted to hold a similar party once. It was by personal invite only of course, I didn't tell anyone what to expect which left everything a surprise to those who showed up.
I set up cameras in every room of the house and wired them all to a bank of televisions in the main room. I wanted a fire going to but it was the middle of summer so I cranked the AC and set one up, in the fireplace of course. I had a bunch of old oscilloscopes that were displaying waveforms of audio from the stereo or the microphones also scattered through the house. I also suspended white sheets over my front porch and projected old films onto them from some 8mm projectors.

It went well for the first few hours until a friend of mine who was supposed to be bringing some ecstasy for those interested showed up. Instead he had a head full of crack along with gobs of heroin and coke. The wholesome feel of the party went out the window once people started chopping up lines.
Oh well, it was still quite the night.

--------------------
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
Re: CRAZY MUSHROOM PARTY!! [Re: MrKite1]
    #5331144 - 02/23/06 10:37 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

It's a cool idea...The list and all you must be pretty passionate :p

I had a kind of party like that. abotu 10 people were tripping...ti was separated by the people goin crazy and running everywhere (off like only 2 grams) , and the people in peace and talkin...was pretty interesting :p

Bad trip rooms -] Take a nap  :tongue2:

Edited by Grapefruity (02/23/06 10:39 AM)

Offlinemethod1000
Stranger
Re: CRAZY MUSHROOM PARTY!! [Re: gdman]
    #5331155 - 02/23/06 10:40 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

For those saying that its a flyer being handed out and that I'm going to get busted, you totally misunderstood me.. #1. the only people invited are all good friends of mine, and we're talking 12-15 people MAX. now the hand out is not a flyer, meaning the only people getting the hand out are the people as they walk into the house, and it's going to simply inform them on the various things that are available to them in the house... some people will not use it, others will.. and that's fine.. The badtrip rooms are simply meant for people that wanna get away.. there are going to be about 2 or 3 sitters, and everyone on mush is experience and least likely to badtrip..

Now to answer gdman, Yes, my tunes are all lined up.. the music I picked is all geared towards tripping out.. like Dead can Dance, The Magic Sound Fabric, Sound Tribe Sector Nine, Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Pink Floyd, Mogwai, Delerium, Asura, Bjork, etc... We had already planned to get fruits... like peached, oranges, and more citrus fruits.. As far as the dosing, every does what they want.. personally, I'm going to try the shot of freshly squeezed lemon and grinded shrooms..When I read that technique, it really intrigued me.. I have a coffee grinder so that's what I'll use..
Seems to me like we think alike!
My dose will begin with 1.2 and I'll keep an extra gram and while peaking I'll probably take the rest to make it last longer

The posting real time thing would surprise me.. cuz I cant focus on typing when I'm on shrroms.. but we will take pictures and I'll post them afterwards..

So I hope the hand out issue is clear to everyone.. its not a flyer, that would just be stupid! It would be an invitation for cops and a major drug bust! like I said before, I had as many people last year, just not as many things available to everyone, but I did have the same amount of people on shrooms, and it was great.. everyone loved it.. so the cops are not even an issue in my mind..

Does anyone have any additional suggestion as things that might be fun and crazy to do on shrroms?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag