Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflinePsilocyan
Humble Voyager
Male

Loc: Atlanta...USA
Re: Ask good questions on Freevibe [Re: leery11]
    #5326138 - 02/21/06 09:36 PM (18 years, 29 days ago)

What happens when you flat out lie to kids is that EVENTUALLY they see through the bullshit. Kids are fed lie after lie about the "dangers" of every drug imaginable, and at age 16 or 17, when their curiousity catches up to them and they do have that first joint, they realize:

"I'm not a terrorist, I don't want to do harder drugs, I'm not going to die, I'm not addicted, etc..."

Then when they figure out that everything they "learned" about marijuana was total fiction, they chalk everything else up as lies, and in a matter of time it's heroin, coccaine, pills...

So before you know it you have a kid who's smoking and snorting anything and everything, because hey, if they lied about how harmless pot was, then they must be full of shit about everything else.

It's beyond control, and I can't see any widespread change in the future. McKenna didn't necessarily "fail" at enlightening mass society with the idea of drug legalization and proper education, but I think it was made clear that Western culture has no room for the nature of the psychedelic.

Sorry, got on a little bit of a rant there... :peace:

--------------------
I :heart: Psilocybe weilii...:mushroomgrow:

"I think of going to the grave without ever having a psychedelic experience like going to the grave without ever having sex."
-McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: Ask good questions on Freevibe [Re: Psilocyan]
    #5326164 - 02/21/06 09:42 PM (18 years, 29 days ago)

why cant anyone hack freevibe and send everyone to mp3's of Bill Hicks?

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Ask good questions on Freevibe [Re: Psilocyan]
    #5326168 - 02/21/06 09:43 PM (18 years, 29 days ago)

i don't agree with you at all.

everyone knows pot is harmless, even the conservative churcheys kind of feel that way, though they still hate it.

on the other hand people generally believe the anti-cocaine propoganda, because, it's more accurate.

it's just that kids want to get real fucked up and will take anything, when they can't get pot they'll do dxm and whippets and huff things.

and when they can't do shrooms and lsd they'll do dxm in particular, like i do.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag