Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSalmon_Cake
Stranger
 User Gallery

Hunting for a trip
    #5315237 - 02/19/06 12:18 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Hey, hopefully this is the right forum. I've been reading up on magic mushrooms for a while now and (in australia) mushroom season is coming up, so i thought i'd get some advice. I want to try magic mushrooms, either amanita muscaria or Psilocybe semilanceata. My reasoning for those two is because both are easily recognisable to me (especially muscaria) and there's a fair bit of information on this site about preparation, dosage, etc.

One thing i've noticed in a few articles is that people don't reccomend amanita muscaria because it makes you feel sick and isn't a real magic mushroom? However i also read about drying and putting them in hot water to get rid of the sickness so i'm not sure. Because of this the psilocybe seems like it may be the better choice, but then it seems like it would be harder to recognise(for me). I don't know the difference between this mushroom and similar others as well as i do a. muscaria; i don't want to risk going hunting and picking up the wrong(deadly) mushroom.

So if anyone has any thoughts, advice, suggestions, i'd like to hear from the wise and experienced to make my first trip a pleasant one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Hunting for a trip [Re: Salmon_Cake]
    #5316162 - 02/19/06 11:22 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

You're on the right track, keep reading. To go out and pick mushrooms to consume  you've got to be able to positively id every mushroom you pick. Get familiar with making a spore print and how to describe your finds for id here  (forum rules and tips)  there are alot of useful links there, too.
It is two different substances that are responsible for the effects of eating psilocybin mushrooms and amanitas, thus different effects. Psiloc[cyb]in is the  :mushroom2: :3dglasses: :voila:

GL

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

OfflineWhiteBunny
How deep doesthe rabbit hole go?
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Hunting for a trip [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #5316232 - 02/19/06 11:48 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Where you live should have the most impact on what you should be looking for. I mean you don't want to go cube hunting in Washington state.

WB

--------------------

InvisibleReverend_Jim_Jones
Stranger
Re: Hunting for a trip *DELETED* [Re: WhiteBunny]
    #5317833 - 02/19/06 08:51 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Reverend_Jim_Jones

Reason for deletion: .

Invisibletryptonite
mushroom ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: aussie
Re: Hunting for a trip [Re: Reverend_Jim_Jones]
    #5318261 - 02/19/06 11:28 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Im an Australian hunter so ill give you some advice. You are right about Amanita muscaria being easy to identify im sure any fool could do that. And I've also read in Paul Stamets book that Psilocybe semilanceata are in fact very easy to identify for a beginner. However that is mostly a North American guide, in Australia there are very few people that have found semis here, no one that Im aware of. To have at least a remote chance at finding them you have to live in either Tasmania or Victoria also possibly New South Whales. But remember even experienced aussie shroomers cant find these. If you live in any other state except queensland or northern territory then I recommend hunting for Psilocybe subaeruginosa, our native woodlover. It may seem difficult to ID them at first, but if you spend enough time researching and looking at them they will stick out like dog balls in a forest. Also its best to have the identify confirmed on this forum because it is easy to mistake a sub for a galerina
btw - A. muscaria will make you violently sick if not prepared correctly, and Psilocybe mushrooms can stil make you sick. I usually feel nausea and stomach discomfort like the feeling of when u r about to throw up

--------------------

Entheogen Trade List

Edited by tryptonite (02/20/06 07:23 AM)

OfflineSalmon_Cake
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hunting for a trip [Re: tryptonite]
    #5318448 - 02/20/06 12:44 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks everyone, this advice has been really helpful. I think I'll get better aquainted with psilocybes, specifically the one you reccomended tryptonite. Thanks again

OfflineMr_Psilocin
finding moreactives thanever
 User Gallery

Re: Hunting for a trip [Re: Salmon_Cake]
    #5320619 - 02/20/06 04:38 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't recommend looking for semilanceata because they are very small and hard for a newbie to identify yet alone find. At least it was for me. I've searched for semilanceata for about 2 months until I quit and moved on to another species that's larger and there fore easier to find. Good luck!

--------------------
"I experimented with marijuana a time or two, and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale, and never tried it again." Bill Clinton

"A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly fifteen hundred pounds of marijuana within about 15 minutes to induce a lethal response... In strict medical terms, marijuana is far safer than many of the foods we commonly consume. For example, eating ten raw potatoes can result in a toxic response. By comparison, it is physically impossible to eat enough marijuana to induce death."

DEA Administrative Law Judge Francis L. Young
Opinion and Recommended Ruling, Findings of Fact,

http://www.hempfiles.com/php/quotes.php

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract