Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineselfish
Stranger
idea to easily increase available water...
    #531896 - 01/26/02 10:48 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

I went to petsmart yesterday to buy some Timothy hay. and while I was their I saw this neet stuff in the reptile dept. called "Cricket Quencher" for 2.50. it is fully saturated jelly like crystals, that are designed to hold moisture for a longer period of time.(making it easier to take care of your crickets drinking needs). They even have 2 versions,..Plain water, and Calcium fortified! Any suggestions on which I should try. could too much calcium hurt the mushrooms?

I have alot of jars going right now. I just recieved my autoclavable bags. So once jars are ready, I will soak hay for a day. then chop it up, and mix with worm castings. pressure cook em'. then innculate the bags.

once they are complete. I will get a foil cooking tray, and put in the bottom a layer of vermiculite, then I will take the shit-straw and quickly mix in a bottle of the cricket quencher jelly crystals, and layer it evenly on the vermiculite, Finally I will case it with 50/50 jiffy mix. and see what happens.

Oh ya. I have been doing some of the honey jar liquid mycelium techs, and I have one that is going CRAZY!!! i poured in a few peices of small mycelium junks from my first jar, into a new jar of honey water. At this point you could barely see little small floaty things in the water. --2 days next to a heating pad and the same jar looks like it has a jelly fish in it. lol. its a transclucent sheet of mycelium that is the roughly the same size as a square of toilet paper. cant wait to innoculate many many more jars with this isolated strain. ill let you know how they go.
does anyone have any experience with timothy hay as a substrate? thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
Re: idea to easily increase available water... [Re: selfish]
    #531912 - 01/26/02 11:05 AM (22 years, 2 months ago)

yep, they ae called "water crystals".. its a polymer capable of holding a large amount of water.. you can get them at home depot too, maby for cheaper.. there used to be a tek with them here, I do not know if its still around (I do not like the new, since a few years ago, arrangement of grow/find docs..) ..
look in TMC or GGMM, there is more info there..

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags