Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShimen
NotGuilty
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Legalization??
    #5317718 - 02/19/06 08:32 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

So i know that i am new here and alot of people might no take me to heart, but i was thinking that a new forum dedicated to ideas on how to help the legalization of certain drugs, i think you know the ones i am talking about, would be interesting and if everyone participated it might have positive results. Also this forum seems to have the largest number of viewers so that is why i posted it in here. Move it if you need to. Anyway what do you guys think about this.

--------------------
Death is when you become bored with life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecivicracerx7
Male

Re: Legalization?? [Re: Shimen]
    #5317743 - 02/19/06 08:38 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

it aint happenin bro

unless ur in amsterdam

OfflineShimen
NotGuilty
Male User Gallery

Re: Legalization?? [Re: civicracerx7]
    #5317750 - 02/19/06 08:39 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

why do you think that?? just curious isn't anything possible

--------------------

OfflineSnaggletooth
Stranger in a Strange Land
Male User Gallery

Loc: blinks stupidly
    #5317760 - 02/19/06 08:41 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

nope no way not in America...... :crazy2:

--------------------

Atheist Chat

Offlinemikeownow
Humungus fungus

Loc: WA,USA
    #5317763 - 02/19/06 08:41 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Nope man look what happened to OG lets stay away from protesting and mentioning it as I belive caused the govt to invade due to the intense amounts of protesting. But that is just m y opinion and I could be way off because as far as I know, no one knows what really happened to OG yet.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineShimen
NotGuilty
Male User Gallery

Re: Legalization?? [Re: mikeownow]
    #5317779 - 02/19/06 08:43 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

It really pisses me off what happened to OG. I just dont think that mushies or pot or peyote should be illegal. Cig's kill more people per year than all three combined.

--------------------

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
    #5317789 - 02/19/06 08:45 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

The government won't legalize anything that they can't tax and legalizing drugs will put the DEA and alot of prison guards out of business. It won't happen in our lifetime.

OfflineShimen
NotGuilty
Male User Gallery

Re: Legalization?? [Re: FooMan]
    #5317799 - 02/19/06 08:46 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Havn't you ever wanted to try though. I mean shit it would be cool. You have to admit.

--------------------

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

#5317827 - 02/19/06 08:50 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

fuck never mind I dont know what the hell happend to og every page on that site says something differant.

edited

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Edited by onetime (02/19/06 09:05 PM)

OfflineShimen
NotGuilty
Male User Gallery

Re: Legalization?? [Re: onetime]
    #5317840 - 02/19/06 08:52 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah well i guess your right. I think i need to rethink my thinking.

--------------------

InvisibleOmnicracker
Crusted Trolltivator

Loc: Wal-Merica
Re: Legalization?? [Re: onetime]
    #5317847 - 02/19/06 08:53 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Shimens a NARC

--------------------

xxx..Learn Something..xxx

OfflineShimen
NotGuilty
Male User Gallery

Re: Legalization?? [Re: Omnicracker]
    #5317855 - 02/19/06 08:54 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

OK yeah sure and how did you come to that conclusion Holmes.

--------------------

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

#5317922 - 02/19/06 09:15 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

NO offence to anybody, but this site doesnt help promote legalization. Most people do drugs just to get REALLY high, as you will read in the threads. Unless it has medicinal or religious purposes, no one will buy into it. Visuals and "wow I tripped my balls off" don't count.
I enjoy everyone's posts, and like talking about good info, but this place, to most westernized cultures expresses why drugs should be illegal, rather that legal. I too think they should be legal, but this site and the possibly good legalization links it could provide aint gonna make on bit of a difference.

Offlinedonkey2
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Northeast
Re: Legalization?? [Re: stemmer]
    #5317940 - 02/19/06 09:22 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

are you guys kidding me? Pot will be legal eventually in the US, if not, it just wont be enforced. Its already completely legal in the city of denver to possess under an oz if ur over 21. However, state law overrides, but, is still just a 100$ fine and a misdemeanor if you have under an ounce. The rest of the country will follow eventually. Cant wait for the day in 30 years when i can just grow my own buds without havin to worry.

--------------------
Peace and Happiness to all.

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Legalization?? [Re: donkey2]
    #5317962 - 02/19/06 09:27 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

It will likely be legal eventually, but not because of sites like this, or because a few thousand hippies signed a petition. LSD, mescaline, mushrooms and even ayahuasca are a different story.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Legalization?? [Re: stemmer]
    #5318015 - 02/19/06 09:42 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Things that stemmer mentioned will have to go the route of religion. The only problem is that so many use them just to get fucked up. So, either the definition of religious use has to be strict to protect the few, or the entire thing gets fucked over and no one gets to play.

We should be allowed to put these chemicals in to our bodies if we choose. You and I know that. But with so many irresponsible users, in the real world, we're digging our own grave.

As far as pot goes, it's on the road, fewer and fewer people buy into the bullshit, and it will go at least the majority of the distance one day. But people see a big difference between a drug that you can take and still go buy your groceries, and one that leaves you in a black hole for 3 hours cruising the universe. If you can't 'function', you're of no use to society, and society won't give a flying fuck about you.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineIwantELVES
ChronoSynclasticInfundibulumated
Male

#5318173 - 02/19/06 10:46 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

In America, these drugs will never be legal for one reason- social preconditioning. Psychedelics reject society's model, and for that reason, they are illegal. The legality of nicotine and alcohol prove that illegal drugs aren't illegal because of their harm and death counts...

--------------------

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Legalization?? [Re: IwantELVES]
    #5318181 - 02/19/06 10:51 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

And the social conditioning, while still strong, has worn down tremendously for pot.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

OfflineMenuShroom
~~~~~~~~~
Re: Legalization?? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5318245 - 02/19/06 11:21 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

so if the gov. won't legalize because they can't tax... wtf are we supposed to do?

actually denver legalized possession of mj for personal use... did ya'll hear about that?

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Legalization?? [Re: MenuShroom]
    #5318297 - 02/19/06 11:49 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Apparently somebody already mentioned that here. If it were legalized by the FED, you can bet your ass they "can" tax the shit out of it.

OfflineKaleidoscope
Voodoo Child
Loc: the 28th dimension
    #5318473 - 02/20/06 01:02 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

It just shouldn't be illegal to consume anything. If people would take personal responsability for their actions, none of this would be a problem. If someone is dumb enough to think that eating rat poison is helping them in some way, by all means should they be allowed to do so. Natural selection. I don't need the government to tell me what I can and can not do just for the sake of my own safety. The same line of thinking should go for 'drugs' as well. If someone is dumb enough to hurt themself with them, good. let them go ahead and kill themself, it's not my problem and they're helping the rest of us out by removing their genes from the cycle of life.

--------------------

Purple haze, all in my brain, lately things just don't seem the same. Actin' funny but I don't know why, 'scuse me while I kiss the sky.

OfflineSinthetic
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Legalization?? [Re: Kaleidoscope]
    #5318845 - 02/20/06 07:44 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

That's the problem though. I am quite capable of safely driving a car over the speed limit, but people in general are way too stupid.

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Re: Legalization?? [Re: MenuShroom]
    #5318952 - 02/20/06 08:58 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MenuShroom said:
so if the gov. won't legalize because they can't tax... wtf are we supposed to do?

actually denver legalized possession of mj for personal use... did ya'll hear about that?

Actually the government in some states already has laws that tax marijuana. Your suppose to buy these tax stamps and put them on your stash. Most people don't know about these laws.

They created this tax stamp law so they can add tax evasion to the possession charge when they bust you, so they can give you a tougher sentence.

and by the way in Denver the legalization of small amounts of marijuana has no effect on how cops enforce the law there, since marijuana is still illegal in the state of Colorado, state law overrides city law. Even if it was made legal in Colorado, it would still be illegal by federal law.

OfflineKaleidoscope
Voodoo Child
Re: Legalization?? [Re: Sinthetic]
    #5320584 - 02/20/06 04:29 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Sinthetic said:
That's the problem though. I am quite capable of safely driving a car over the speed limit, but people in general are way too stupid.

driving is not a good comparitive example because it puts other people in danger when everyone is allowed to drive without laws. Using drugs, in and of themselves, can only be harmful to the user. I'm in full support of laws against driving under the influence and other such laws that are for the safety of other people from my actions but as far as laws that govern my safety from myself go, I feel they are not only unnessecary but a fundamental violation of my rights as a human being.

Let stupid people kill themselves with drugs. like I said, they're only helping us out in the long run.

--------------------

Purple haze, all in my brain, lately things just don't seem the same. Actin' funny but I don't know why, 'scuse me while I kiss the sky.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Legalization?? [Re: Kaleidoscope]
    #5320612 - 02/20/06 04:35 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

They're helping no one.

Okay, they're gone? Great, problem solved. Except those people have families. Their hatred for drugs will grow so immensely in one day than your love for drugs has grown on your most profound trip. These are the people who start the soccer mom groups, these are the people who rally up anti drug supporters.

--------------------

OfflineKaleidoscope
Voodoo Child
Re: Legalization?? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5320633 - 02/20/06 04:42 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Yep, but they aren't about personal responsability though. They're blaming the drugs, the people, everyone but who they should be blaming which is the person who did it to themselves. Plenty of people in my life have been killed by their own actions with drugs. Two of my closest friends. One OD'd on heroin, and the other got depression when he tried to get off coke and committed suicide. I don't blame the drugs. I blame them. I felt bad they were gone, in fact I really really wish they weren't. They were friends of mine it's natural to feel bad. My point is though, if people take responsibility for what they do and accept that other people have responsibility for their own actions none of this is a problem.

The problem is that everyone in America wants to blame everything bad that happens to them on something or someone else rather than just accept that the problem is theirs. That attitude does not just apply to drugs, it applies to life.

I just kinda realized how negative sounding I'm making this good idea seem. All I'm trying to say is people need to stop making cop outs like "It was the drugs" or "If that guy would have waited 2 seconds longer I never would have hit him going 80 miles an hour" and start saying things like, "dammit I shouldn't have done that but it was my decision/mistake and I have to live with it."

--------------------

Edited by Kaleidoscope (02/20/06 04:53 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale